Remove Advertisements

Do you cleanse?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Do you cleanse?

Postby chrisronline » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:18 pm

I was doing a PuG heroic AN yesterday and I was noticing that my healer (paladin) was not cleansing the poisons off me which most likely made healing me harder.

so basically I took it upon myself to cleanse the poisons (of course, that was a secondary priority to establishing threat) in order to help the healer.

Have you guys ever found that yourself cleansing yourself to help the PuG healer?
chrisronline

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 pm

I cleanse all the time regardless of who is healing me.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Valerius » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:26 pm

All the time. I very rarely ever seem to have issues with threat so I really haven't had to worry about it that part of it much except perhaps at the beginning of a fight.

I have Cleanse bound to Shift+Right Click using the Clique addon which is a holdover from my days as a healer on fights like Maiden in Kara and such. I am normally in the top one or 2 cleansers when we do 10/25 mans as well, I guess I'm just used to it.
Valerius

Postby Chunes » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I cleanse all the time regardless of who is healing me.

I do this too.

Shift+MwheelClick is a macro'ed self cleanse, decursive minibuttons for the rest.

Generally though, my raid is good enough to cleanse me before i even come off of gcd so i don't usually have to sweat it as much in raids.

pugs... well that's another story.
Chunes

Postby Annabelle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:34 pm

Fridmarr wrote:I cleanse all the time regardless of who is healing me.

This, lets the healer heal more, I will usually tell the healer I wil cleanse myself to keep those heals commin.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Self-cleanse is 2 on my keyboard.
Invisusira

Postby Jaydin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Valerius wrote:All the time. I very rarely ever seem to have issues with threat so I really haven't had to worry about it that part of it much except perhaps at the beginning of a fight.

I have Cleanse bound to Shift+Right Click using the Clique addon which is a holdover from my days as a healer on fights like Maiden in Kara and such. I am normally in the top one or 2 cleansers when we do 10/25 mans as well, I guess I'm just used to it.

i use click to cast but same deal - shift 1 is where i first put "purify" on my bars when i rolled my first paladin, and so the shift click is second nature. I usually keep cleanse @ shift+1 for self cleansing, but i move my bars around depending on fights, and will occasionally put a health stone or fight-specific macro there instead.

as long as i'm happy on threat i'll cleanse to my heart's content. i love being able to have someone link recount cleanse-count and be pretty high up there ^_^ "*and* i'm tanking!"
Jaydin

Postby Wolvar » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:12 pm

I almost never cleanse. Necrotic poison is about the only thing I actively cleanse.
Wolvar

Postby Spectrum » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:26 pm

I cleanse all the time. I'm disappointed that my resto shaman still hasn't gotten the Intense Cold achivement from Keristraza when anytime I run on my pally at least 3 people in the group seem to get it. No one else cleanses. :(
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Mouseover cleanse been binded to my 4 for whole TBC, just to be moved to 6 in WotLK (4 is now ShoR)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Thornir » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:38 pm

I actually bound Cleanse to alt + "-", as it is easier to use when using a laptop (stupid touchpads).

But yeah, the real question is, do you not use cleanse?
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Thalani » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm kind of perplexed by this.
I have 3 always set to whatever dispel I have for all my chars and alt is my self-cast modifier. I can alt-3 faster than the healers can cleanse, typically.
As an experiment, I've run through instances and raids without cleansing and typically end up still doing it myself after a fight even with 3 paladins, a shaman, and a priest in the raid.
In the end, even while tanking, I end up cleansing everybody I can get my 3 key on.

-T.
Thalani

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:33 pm

I always self cleanse, no reason not to. You should have mana to spare.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Freyas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:42 pm

I've got tilde bound to a macro that cleanses my mouseover target if it's friendly or else self-casts cleanse. I generally cleanse myself so long as I have mana and a comfortable threat lead, and I try and cleanse others if it's important, or if the healer can't cure the debuff (poisons for priests, magic for druids). For things like the venommancers in H-AN, I'll cleanse the poisons to allow the healer to try and keep up with the incoming damage.
Freyas

Postby Arcand » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:21 am

Self/mouseover cleanse macro. I make a game out of trying to cleanse faster than the healer and I manage it more often than not.
Arcand

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents