Remove Advertisements

What judgement do you use?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

What judgement do you use?

Postby Buldozer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:35 am

To start, I'm a BE using a king's defender with mongoose (so I usually use SoBlood)... I have 123 spell damage unbuffed, but haven't had any major problems with threat. I'd like to know your standpoints on what judgements you prefer to use for bosses, and in raid environments specifically.

Basically I wanted to ask everyone what seals they mainly put on bosses. I've always put wisdom up because I never felt the need to take wisdom away from the raid so I can increase my threat slightly.

Raiding alliance as a priest pre-BC I loved JoW, every time I ran low on mana I could let a healer know I'm sitting out for 15 secs to wand back to full mana. Keeping JoW up passively gives all dps with a mana bar a great deal of mana. Hunters especially love this, as it procs off every hit saving them mana pots.

Also, even though mana normally isn't the problem... this ensures that my mana pool doesn't disappear for good.

So basically JOW is a raid pleaser.

I haven't ever tried out JoC, but I imagine it to be pretty nice for some fights. The best I see it doing is for Leotheras, increasing my AS after whirlwinds might be nice, as some DPS doesn't want to hold back because hes on farm status.

Like I said before, I run with a Kings Defender and use SoB.... something I've been wanting to change but that S2 Mace is so expensive for my PVE whoring ass. Threat isn't a problem for me even with low spell damage, but I want to ensure my threat is where it should be so my DPS never holds back.

Let me know what you guys like to use and when... given you don't have a lolretpally to keep JoC up for you. I haven't ever used JoC and I don't want to let my hunters down by knocking off their favorite debuff unless it is a major upgrade.

Also, anyone ever use JoL? Never really seemed too useful to me =\
Buldozer

Postby Vanifae » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:41 am

Wisdom is in my mind the best overall Judgment in reference to raid utility you can do.

I prefer to use Seal of Righteousness.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Nymeros » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:14 pm

Vanifae wrote:Wisdom is in my mind the best overall Judgment in reference to raid utility you can do.

I normally think on these lines too.

On most bosses (non-threat races) I'll judge Wisdom for the very reason that it helps the raid a whole lot more than choosing Crusader over Wisdom benefits me.

On dps burn fights though, I'll throw up Crusader, take my Wizard Oil, Wrath of Air, Sanctity Aura, Vampyric Embrace/Touch, and not be afraid of using Mana Potions if absolutely needed (can still use Nightmare Seed / Healthstones).
befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Nymeros

Postby Rainge » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:05 pm

"It depends."

I'll situationally switch. I almost always lead with Crusader for getting a hefty lead in threat. Once that's established, I'll determine what works best. For bosses that don't hit hard enough to keep my mana up from heals, I'll keep Crusader and downrank my skills to conserve. Otherwise, the raid gets wisdom.
Rainge

Postby Buldozer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Well, it looks like you guys are pretty much on the same page as I am. I've always put JoW up, was just wondering if you guys had any fights you liked it in particular.

thanks!
Buldozer

Return to Basic Training & Talents