Bubblewall...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby ecn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:05 am

Ashmadai wrote:
...used to be our original bubble.

...but isn't anymore. -1 for bubble.

Imo, a bubble animation lasts the duration of the spell... just because it is a circle shape animation, it's not a bubble.

Idk, when you compare the two words - sheildwall, bubblewall - which would you rather be protected by, shields or bubbles? I'll stick with divine protection.

I guess my guild just learns quickly, b/c they all know what I mean when I say divine protection up. I think it took them about 1 boss fight after 3.0 to learn it.

Now... what is actually known by everyone as our bubble (as in bubble hearth) - if you used bubblewall as a bubble/taunt as I was asking about in the first post, I think that would make a lot of sense. It says, I bubbled.... I have a wall between me and the mob stopping all damage. I'm surprised this isn't more popular with most of the bosses in naxx being tauntable.
ecn

Postby Thels » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:19 am

Bubbletaunting is itchy. First off it doesn't last as long, so you're not mitigating any more damage, and you're actually peeking the blocked damage whereas DP provides damage mitigation over a longer period of time. And that taunt really has to fire off.

Since Forebearance says it's one or the other, I'd rather go with DP than with bubbletaunting.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Nalloa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm

I didn't know what this was or that it no longer dropped threat so thanks for asking!

Nalloa
Nalloa

Postby Nalloa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:00 pm

I didn't know what this was or that it no longer dropped threat so thanks for asking!

Nalloa
Nalloa

Postby Ashmadai » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 pm

Now... what is actually known by everyone as our bubble (as in bubble hearth) - if you used bubblewall as a bubble/taunt as I was asking about in the first post, I think that would make a lot of sense. It says, I bubbled.... I have a wall between me and the mob stopping all damage. I'm surprised this isn't more popular with most of the bosses in naxx being tauntable.

Well considering you're so adamant about not calling Bubblewall anything other than it's proper name Divine Protection, I would say your best bet if you were going to bubble and then taunt is to say over vent "I just used Divine Shield and then quickly taunted so I am immune for the next 3 seconds."

:lol:

In response to your post though, I have used the bubble/taunt trick before, but only in a heroic where the healer was lagging behind and I didn't know it and shield wall couldn't have saved me and lay hands was down so I bubbled with like 1k health and taunted so the DPS wouldn't get murdered just long enough for the healer to get in range and land something.

It's not used much and will be even less useful after 3.0.8 because DP has a 4 minute CD and Forbearance is 3, so chances are Shield wall will be available most times this trick is available.
Ashmadai

Postby Nalloa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Nalloa
Nalloa

Postby Serelynn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Divine Protection is win. With WotLK, each tank was given a "Shield Wall" ability so all tanks would be viable main tanks. Right now, many bosses have soft enrages that increase their damage when they are low on health and using Divine Protection to cut that damage down is necessary.

-

For the sake of clarity, I just call it "Shield Wall" when talking on Ventrilo and such. Not everyone knows what Divine Protection is, or that there is a difference now between Divine Protection and Divine Shield, but everyone knows Shield Wall. :D
Serelynn

Postby ecn » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:05 pm

I think it would be more useful in a "oh crap, that frostbolt isn't going to be kicked" or to get out of a fear like on nightbane. - 9 times out of 10, DP is better.

I'm not where I have to use the full names, there are just some nicknames I don't really like. Bubblewall sounds like something a little kid would make with bubblebath, and dosen't sound very protective. DP just dosen't scream "bubble" to me.
ecn

Postby ryan4nayr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:48 pm

ecn wrote:DP just dosen't scream "bubble" to me. (sic.)

Of course it shouldn't, DP = Divine Plea.
ryan4nayr

Postby Tyaera » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:45 pm

Tinalt wrote:
Fapman wrote:
Tinalt wrote:Divine protection is our bubble wall.
we call it bubble wall because they took our old useless bubble, and turned it into slightly nerfed shield wall. (50% instead of 60%)

You may call it nerfed, but in AD range with bubble wall up I am virtually indestructible especially with sacred and/or holy shield on me.

I am in no way complaining about bubble wall, I love it. I was just pointing out that it is not the same as shield wall. too many people just call it shield wall and healers are going to assume that it acts the same way as shield wall if we keep calling it that.

it does act the same as shield wall
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby tinalt » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 pm

it is not just like shield wall. it reduces damage by 50%. shield wall reduces it by 60%. this is a relatively minor difference most of the time.

Having said that, healers need to know that it's not 60% like a warriors shield wall, it's 50%. If they expect you to be taking 10% less damage then you are, they may very well not heal you as much as you need, which could lead to a wipe. that's why I make a distinction.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby majiben » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Tinalt wrote:it is not just like shield wall. it reduces damage by 50%. shield wall reduces it by 60%. this is a relatively minor difference most of the time.

Having said that, healers need to know that it's not 60% like a warriors shield wall, it's 50%. If they expect you to be taking 10% less damage then you are, they may very well not heal you as much as you need, which could lead to a wipe. that's why I make a distinction.
Superior blocking and AD makes that a mute point. Besides you would take 20% more damage assuming you were both stunned for some reason.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Aurelie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:12 am

ryan4nayr wrote:
ecn wrote:DP just dosen't scream "bubble" to me. (sic.)

Of course it shouldn't, DP = Divine Plea.

Or... Divine Protection... the name of the spell being dubbed Bubble Wall...?
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents