Remove Advertisements

Bubblewall...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Morpheren » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Worldie wrote:i just call it shield wall. That's what everyone else is used to.

When i say "Shield Wall up", healers know i'm taking little damage for 15 seconds. If i say "Divine Protection up" they'd not understand what i'm saying.

Same. I just say "shield wall" on vent. However I'm probably about to put in a TJH rule but who watches chat during those oh shit moments.

Tbh though I don't think I've really run with anybody that cares about thunderjudge, at least not enough to talk about it.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Aleph » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:17 pm

I've always thought thunderjudge was a stupid name for it, but whatever. On boss fights the warriors appreciate that they can drop tclap from their rotation since I'll be judging anyway.
Aleph

Postby Fapman » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 am

Tinalt wrote:Divine protection is our bubble wall.
we call it bubble wall because they took our old useless bubble, and turned it into slightly nerfed shield wall. (50% instead of 60%)

You may call it nerfed, but in AD range with bubble wall up I am virtually indestructible especially with sacred and/or holy shield on me.
Fapman

Postby ecn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:05 am

Levantine wrote:
ecn wrote:problem is i'm not a fing warrior. I'm a paladin. I don't name my spells after those rage junkies.

Idiot.

Brainless.
ecn

Postby Tunnis » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:01 am

Worldie wrote:i just call it shield wall. That's what everyone else is used to.

When i say "Shield Wall up", healers know i'm taking little damage for 15 seconds. If i say "Divine Protection up" they'd not understand what i'm saying.

I've said "bubbeling" on vent a few times before I use Divine Protection and the whole party goes "Nooooooo". They thought I ment Divine Shield :D
Tunnis

Postby Aurelie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 am

I love that Tankadin that flashes the "Bubblewall up!" and "Bubblewall down!" raid warnings for me. Save me the trouble and everyone in the raid or party knows I'm essentially shieldwalling.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Nicki » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:50 am

I say shield wall it makes alot more sense.
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby ecn » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:19 am

While I don't call my spells nicknames off warrior spells, I do agree just saying sheildwall is better b/c it lets everyone know what you are basiclly doing - bubblewall really isn't a good fit... you don't bubble in any way shape or form. It simply replaced what was once a bubble.
ecn

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 am

What is Thunder Judge?
Anubisknight

Postby Thels » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:40 am

Thunder Judge is Judgement affected by the Judgements of the Just talent to reduce the target's melee attack speed by 20%.

It's named because it gives the same 20% attack speed reduction as Thunder Clap always did.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Daddytank » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Thels wrote:Thunder Judge is Judgement affected by the Judgements of the Just talent to reduce the target's melee attack speed by 20%.

It's named because it gives the same 20% attack speed reduction as Thunder Clap always did.

Why does this need a specific name lol?
are their people in your raids asking if you have thunderjudged?
when you tank a mob do you say, "thunderjudge" up?

having this us is as basic as sealing your weapon, ive never had a single person ask about it in the same way they need to know about Divine protection
Daddytank

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:04 pm

ecn wrote:While I don't call my spells nicknames off warrior spells, I do agree just saying sheildwall is better b/c it lets everyone know what you are basiclly doing - bubblewall really isn't a good fit... you don't bubble in any way shape or form. It simply replaced what was once a bubble.

Actually, bubblewall makes sense in 2 ways.

First of all, Divine protection used to be our original bubble. So there's +1 for the word bubble.

Second, when you use Divine Protection it puts a big bubble around your character for about 1.5 seconds before it fades away.

So yes, you do 'bubble in any way shape or form'.
Ashmadai

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Just for the record, I call it and will continue to call it Shield Wall because people know what that means. However, since I use Tankadin2(who doesn't?) and it gives a raid warning that says "Bubble Wall Up!" and "Bubble Wall Down!", now the healers and others in my guild are calling it bubble wall, lol.
Ashmadai

Postby Venoseth » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:12 pm

bub64882 wrote:If you don't...visit this site often...

That was your first problem. =0P j/k

But yeah, calling it bubble-wall or shield wall help people to ACT accordingly, until everyone learns the vernacular or you have a Holy Pally healing. ^^;
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and refuge in adversity."
Venoseth

Postby tinalt » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:46 am

Fapman wrote:
Tinalt wrote:Divine protection is our bubble wall.
we call it bubble wall because they took our old useless bubble, and turned it into slightly nerfed shield wall. (50% instead of 60%)

You may call it nerfed, but in AD range with bubble wall up I am virtually indestructible especially with sacred and/or holy shield on me.

I am in no way complaining about bubble wall, I love it. I was just pointing out that it is not the same as shield wall. too many people just call it shield wall and healers are going to assume that it acts the same way as shield wall if we keep calling it that.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Basic Training & Talents