Remove Advertisements

Bubblewall...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Bubblewall...

Postby ecn » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:51 am

Quick question: I have tanked prewrath up through illidan and now full naxx and I have never used a bubblewall, in fact, I am kind of confused on what it is/how to do it.

Do you just bubble with a quick taunt to pull the mob back on you? Does this work?

Edit: I did try searching for this, but only found a bunch of posts saying to use a bubblewall.
ecn

Postby Karnadas » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:57 am

Divine Protection has been changed. Since Divine Shield basically made it useless, they changed protection to be a bubble which reduces incoming damage taken for 12 seconds by 50% WITHOUT DUMPING AGGRO.

if you have 12 things beating on you in a dungeon, and you hit Divine Protection, you'll take only 50% damage and all 12 mobs will continue to hit you.

Thus, BubbleWall
Karnadas

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:00 am

It helps a ton when you are undergeared and have a big trashpull, bubblewall and let dps focus down 1-2 mobs asap. It made a big difference to use bubblewall and two dodge trinkets when I was undergeared.
hoho

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:19 am

It is really surprising seeing so many people not knowing about such basic and fundamental changes to our spells. Divine Protection is now a core ability!
Belloc

Postby tinalt » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 am

Divine protection is our bubble wall.
we call it bubble wall because they took our old useless bubble, and turned it into slightly nerfed shield wall. (50% instead of 60%)

divine protection is now used by us when a warrior would have used shield wall. i.e. enrages, frenzies, healer gets stunned or silenced, etc.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby bub64882 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Belloc wrote:It is really surprising seeing so many people not knowing about such basic and fundamental changes to our spells. Divine Protection is now a core ability!

Yeah, but honestly it went off my hotbar when I got divine shield at level 20 or whatever, and I never gave it another thought.

If you don't pour over patch notes while eating your cereal, or visit this site often, it would be easy to miss that a totally useless spell was replaced by something awesome.
bub64882

Postby Ashmadai » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:49 pm

[Post constructively or don't post, please - Arcand]
Ashmadai

Postby Veilan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Oh, c'mon. The guy came here and he asked, out of a desire to learn, and actually offered a sensible theory of his own. No need to run him down. Noone can know everything, and he did show the desire and curiousity to get a better understanding.

(Sidenote... I have in fact heard references to full bubble - taunt as "bubblewall", probably because the mob could as well be beating its head against a wall.)
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby ecn » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:42 pm

ah, so come to find out, I bubblewall all the time...

I just call it poping Divine protection.

I'm kind of sad his post got deleted. I don't mind being flamed, it usually just makes them look worse. I like how it was assumed I lacked knowledge of our spells when the fact of the matter is, I was confused b/c I use the actual name of the spell, lol.

I have not tried it, but using an actual bubble and taunting on a boss that is tauntable (like 90% of naxx) apparently works. This would be a better fit for the term bubblewall imo, but that didn't seem to be how it was used in a lot of posts - which is why I asked.
ecn

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:58 pm

Shieldwall

Paladins bubble.

Bubble that acts as a Shieldwall? Bubblewall.

Not that hard to see where it comes from.
Levantine

Postby ecn » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:02 pm

problem is i'm not a fing warrior. I'm a paladin. I don't name my spells after those rage junkies.
ecn

Postby Veilan » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:20 pm

I usually call it mini-bubble, or "the small bubble". :?

But I do call avenging wrath winglets too. Not even wings, just winglets. And I LOVE popping them while I'm flying for whatever reason!
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby bub64882 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:04 pm

ecn wrote:problem is i'm not a fing warrior. I'm a paladin. I don't name my spells after those rage junkies.

Then you won't like "Thunder Judge" either...

See? Even us Paladins describe ourselves in Warrior terminology! It's no wonder that the rest of Azeroth took so long to catch on that we are tanks too! :)
bub64882

Postby Daddytank » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:51 pm

i still refuse to call it bubblewall. sounds so cheesy.
originally i called it DP, which seemed logical being the acronym, but some of my guldies had just had a cruder convosation about this girl and 2 guys, so "DP" had a differnt meaning to them. - we wiped laughing
now i just call it "bubbling". no one gets confused, i think bc they see me taking dmg so they expect it
Daddytank

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 pm

i just call it shield wall. That's what everyone else is used to.

When i say "Shield Wall up", healers know i'm taking little damage for 15 seconds. If i say "Divine Protection up" they'd not understand what i'm saying.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents