2 stupid questions

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

2 stupid questions

Postby Kup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:34 am

1. Hammer of the Righteous. Weapon DPS multiplied or weapon top end damage multiplied? I think my enhancement shaman brainwashed me into thinking it was top end damage but want to verify.

2. Off tank prot dps set. I usually end up MT'ing because of how much damage a dk can do focusing on DPS. That said our DK tank was our pre-wotlk warrior MT that fell in love with the DK in beta and enjoy's MT'ing sometimes for fun and on some bosses because it's beneficial. He also had pre-bc naxx exp and I didn't so he's helping out a lot with strats, positioning, etc. Sorry back to my question. For fights where I'm not MT'ing and get to pretend to be a DPS class (until dual spec anyways), what type of gear should I look for to fail a little less as prot DPS?
Kup

Postby Maridian » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 am

1. DPS. It helpfully says so in the skill tooltip!

2. Anything you'd look for as ret: Strength, AP, crit. Favor Strength over AP. Stick with 1h and shield so you can continue to use ShoR(yuken).

Also: if given the choice between shields, pick the one with the highest total Strength and BV. The intent is to maximized ShoR(yuken) damage.
"Our only hope is revolution. I'll put up a sign-up sheet. We need one person to bring pitchforks, one person to bring torches.... am I thinking of revolution, or killing Frankenstein monsters?"
Maridian

Postby daemonym » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:48 am

Maridian wrote:1. DPS. It helpfully says so in the skill tooltip!

2. Anything you'd look for as ret: Strength, AP, crit. Favor Strength over AP. Stick with 1h and shield so you can continue to use ShoR(yuken).

Also: if given the choice between shields, pick the one with the highest total Strength and BV. The intent is to maximized ShoR(yuken) damage.

this, and especially this
ShoR(yuken)
you'll do far more dps in ret gear using your sword n board than with a 2h. due to shield faceroll and 1 hand weapon spec.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Kup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Thank you. I read that tooltip over and over and the inner enhancement shaman (old main) in me kept telling me that it's top end damage anyways. Damn Windfury Weapon.

So am I right that weapon speed is irrelevant then?
Kup

Postby Arcand » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Kup wrote:Thank you. I read that tooltip over and over and the inner enhancement shaman (old main) in me kept telling me that it's top end damage anyways. Damn Windfury Weapon.

So am I right that weapon speed is irrelevant then?

A 1.50 weapon with 115 DPS and a 2.60 weapon with 115 DPS should give identical Hammer hits, if that's what you mean.

But the fast one will get you more judgement procs and hurt you worse when you hit something with Thorns.
Arcand

Postby Kup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:40 pm

I was referring to weapon speed in general for tanking weapons not for SoTR, but I believe that was answered as well. Thank you.
Kup

Postby Levantine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:47 pm

What's SotR?
Levantine

Postby Kup » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Me confused with HoTR.
Kup

Return to Basic Training & Talents