Kara/Moroes Room, the trashmobs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Kara/Moroes Room, the trashmobs

Postby Brandiss » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:19 am

Since I am playing the german version, I do not know the names of these spectral guys. Specifically, I have a question about those Elite-Spectral Guests who deal a crapload of dmg + enrage.

Up to now, my gear as Tankadin seems to work out well, but these dude pretty much beat the crap out of me despite uncrittable/uncrushable. Somewhat ~8k in a sec or two.

Is dodge/parry more likely needed?
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Postby adese » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 am

Are you referring to the sets of 2 mobs each, one on each side of Moroes's room?

If so, there isn't much that can be done. When they hit 20-30% (can't recall exactly), they will either enrage and hit harder, or hit you over the head with a bottle and stun you. If the latter happens, all of your avoidance goes out the window - leaving you only with your Armor and Health. Popping and Ironshield pot before it happens helps, or else let your healers know that you're going to need lots of heals, quick. Popping trinkets (depending on the trinket) helps too...basically do whatever you can to minimize the amount of damage that you're going to take, assuming that you can't dodge, parry, or block while you are stunned.
adese

Re: Kara/Moroes Room, the trashmobs

Postby Vanifae » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:14 pm

Brandiss wrote:Since I am playing the german version, I do not know the names of these spectral guys. Specifically, I have a question about those Elite-Spectral Guests who deal a crapload of dmg + enrage.

Up to now, my gear as Tankadin seems to work out well, but these dude pretty much beat the crap out of me despite uncrittable/uncrushable. Somewhat ~8k in a sec or two.

Is dodge/parry more likely needed?

If they make you drunk and your healers are slacking you will die, this happens to any tank.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Brandiss » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:23 pm

Ah okay, thanks for the replies.
Still dodged/parried/blocked a lot but those hits that came through just hurt :D
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Postby Vanifae » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:25 pm

Brandiss wrote:Ah okay, thanks for the replies.
Still dodged/parried/blocked a lot but those hits that came through just hurt :D

Oh you might be talking about the Valets.

They just hit ridiculously hard like up to 4k on plate.

Again this is more your healers then you.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Eggfoo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:28 pm

There's also a debuff you can get called "Brittle Bones" which randomly reduces your armor to 0...If you have that you might want to let your offtank tank until it wears off. The other 2 pack mobs that get you drunk and stun you really the only thing that's going to save you is lots of hps.
Eggfoo

Postby Everlight » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 pm

Eggfoo wrote:If you have that you might want to let your offtank tank until it wears off.

Pfft. You're a Paladin, bubble it off between fights :)
Everlight

Postby Nayuriel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:30 am

Insignia of the Horde/Alliance will break their stun and give you back your avoidance, so I'd suggest putting that on before the pull. :)
Nayuriel

Postby Belarkan » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:27 am

Nayuriel wrote:Insignia of the Horde/Alliance will break their stun and give you back your avoidance, so I'd suggest putting that on before the pull. :)

Wooooo, this enlights my day.
I almost die everytime because they cast that evil drunk thing.
Let me rephrase it: "I die almost everytime".
Will try that next week.
Belarkan

Postby Vanifae » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:05 am

Nayuriel wrote:Insignia of the Horde/Alliance will break their stun and give you back your avoidance, so I'd suggest putting that on before the pull. :)

Or have healers that don't suck.
Vanifae

Postby Lucius » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:43 am

If its the stewards that you are talking about, get your offtank to tab over and disarm it, reduces their damage a LOT. If its the valets we are talking about, just get lots of heals.
Lucius

Return to Basic Training & Talents