Remove Advertisements

Improved Judgment or Vindication?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Improved Judgment or Vindication?

Postby Ubung » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:07 pm

After my cookie cutter prot spec im left with 2 talent points. Im wondering, should I go with 2 out of 2 Imp Judgements or 2 in Vindication for debuffs. Raid wise the vindication debuff on a boss must be good.
Or does the debuff not work on raid bosses?

Any help would be appreciated

My Build:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000

Thanks
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Maruko_ » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Unfortunately vindication doesn't work on raid bosses.

I have 2 points in Imp Judgement for increased threat, myself.
(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)
Maruko_

Postby Ubung » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:25 am

I thought that may be the case.

Hmm it justs seems that 1 sec less on judgements aint that good a skill. My threat is fine atm (even with only 90 base spell dmg) so I cant see the need for additional judements as they dont do much dmg.

Would putting 2 points in Divine Intellect work for an boost to mana pool? Would help during the times when I dont get healed enough cus the mobs cant hit hard enough.

Any comments would be appreciated ;)

Ubung

Postby adese » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:10 am

Personally, I would go for Imp Judgement. While you may not have any threat problems now, as your dps gets more geared up, every little bit you can do helps. Even now it would help your dps to open up more and earlier, for example.

As for Divine Int...while more int is nice, you don't really need it, IMO. I don't know about your gear, but the vast majority of my tanking gear is "warrior" gear and thus I have little to no int. It's a much better investment to go with Imp Judgement. Besides, if you are tanking, you are getting healed, so you shouldn't have any mana issues (unless you are overgeared for what you are tanking).
adese

Postby Ubung » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:55 am

Yeah to be honest I think Imp Judgement is the best option. It wouldnt be the cookie cutter prot build if not.

For most 5 mans im now overgeared, enough to keep my mana low at times. I find myself having to drink once every 4 or 5 fights in instances. I suppose it is only 6 intellect that I would gain from this talent at the moment (143 intellect) but this would scale better as my gear gets better and uncrushability is no longer a worry. Im still in two minds about it tbh.

Ubung

Postby kvark » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:12 pm

I actually try vindication now, and it does seem to make a difference in many 5-mans. However, you'll be sooooooo disappointed on how often mobs are immune, I actually feel it's a waste of talent that would have done well elsewhere.
kvark

Postby Gideon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:00 am

Vindication is single target and only works on mobs that you would never tank on a single target basis.

Improved judgment makes the cooldowns in your shot rotation asymmetric but gives more rapid judgment cycling which means more threat.

I hope this gives you what you need.
Gideon

Postby Luthais » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:16 am

Improved Judgement is a lifesaver if you are the OT on Gruul. You need to produce as much threat as fast as possible and keep it up the whole fight. Any little bit helps, IMO.
Luthais

Postby Ubung » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:39 am

Yeah guys it helps a lot. Ive taken into consideration all the comments being made and ive put the points into imp judgements. Id forgotten that my timing would be out without imp judgements and thats very important so...

None of the toehr talents actually works out very useful anyway. Ive totally gone off vindication and divine intellect only adds a few hundred mana. Neither particularly worth it.

Thanks again for your help guys ;)

Ubung

Postby Jaydin » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:22 am

Ubung wrote:Yeah guys it helps a lot. Ive taken into consideration all the comments being made and ive put the points into imp judgements. Id forgotten that my timing would be out without imp judgements and thats very important so...

None of the toehr talents actually works out very useful anyway. Ive totally gone off vindication and divine intellect only adds a few hundred mana. Neither particularly worth it.

Thanks again for your help guys ;)

i know u got what you needed but i'll just voice my support for imp judgement cause its always nice to have it there, even if you dont spam it every 8 seconds, to have those extra 2 seconds that you *might* use it
Jaydin

Return to Basic Training & Talents