Karazhan advice appreciated

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Karazhan advice appreciated

Postby Everum » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:52 am

Greetings all,

My guild is finally going to start Karazhan today, and since I am the one organizing the raid, I am basically allowed to tank. Well, and the fact there are no protection warriors with my gear in the guild helps.

Reading through the forums and using the search function, I understand that it is possible for me to grab both Attumen and Midnight, allowing our feral bear tank to shift to kitty and add his dps to the raid, which means a faster kill. Only question is, is it even smart to do that with my gear?

http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... d&n=Everum

We have 3 holy priests for healing. One is pretty much geared up as much as she can pre-Kara. Mooncloth epics. Other 2 are using blue 5man drops.

Is there even any advantage to tanking both of them? I am risking a huge spikes I am guessing by tanking both of them.

Second is Moroes. With 3 priests, adds shouldn't be a problem at all. Now should we burn down the 4th add or should I use the add as a gouge breaker?

Anything the more experienced tanks in Karazhan can give me will be appreciated.
Everum

Postby eia » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:07 am

You seem to have really nice gear, considering you haven't started Kara yet.
You should probably be able to tank both of them, but imo there isn't really a need for it. Just let the bear tank the horsie, and have him swap into kitty as soon as they merge and it should be fine.

On Moroes, I've never used an add as gouge-breaker, we always just do him with 2 tanks no problem. With 3 priests you can easily keep 1-2 of the adds shackled through-out the fight, which will make the kill faster and let you have less pesky garrottes. Just make sure they move away from the shackled adds so they have time to re-shackle before they get too close.

btw, since you're on Defias. Say hi to the lunatics in Dimday from me, or, since you're alliance, kill them for me. Some of my friends left Silvermoon to join that guild you see. ;)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:38 am

Just use two tanks on Attumen reduces the chance of things going wrong.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Ills » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:51 am

Vanifae wrote:Just use two tanks on Attumen reduces the chance of things going wrong.

First time I tanked them both was because something went wrong. :)
Every fight is like Sartura, only without the screaming and the dying.
Ills

Postby Jaydin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 am

aye - tank one and have someone OT the other...not worth risking it - later on if you find you happen to be the only tank feel free to try it alone, but until then its better to be safe than sorry.

for moroes i'd burn down that 4th add then fully concentrate on moroes. pop BoSac on the OT for if/when he gets hit and wtfpwn him.

good luck mang - do us proud ^_^
Jaydin

Postby Daedallus » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Ills wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Just use two tanks on Attumen reduces the chance of things going wrong.

First time I tanked them both was because something went wrong. :)

usually end up tanking them both for a good bit of time anyway, as attumen gets caught in consecrate and the warrior has a hell of a time getting him off me after poppin a couple charges off my holy shield.
Daedallus

Postby Everum » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 pm

Thanks.

I followed your instructions to a T and we aced the parts we did. Notes with all the names of the trash mobs and their abilities helped a lot.

I got our bear to grab Midnight since I remember the knockdown. Without our avoidance, I think a bear is actually better with the higher hp and AC. I am glad to I didn't accidentally grab both of them. Attumen hits pretty hard with a cleave. It could have killed me if Midnight was on me too. Tanked phase three and told bear to go kitty for extra dps.

Moroes was pretty unlucky. I took my notes and compared the adds. Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, MS warrior and Prot warrior. I think that could have been better. Shackled the healers and the SM warrior, grabbed prot warrior and Moroes. I actually panicked during the pull and broke a shackle or two. Priests wasted some mana on me and in the end, they ran dry with Moroes at 25%. Ran back, buffed up and did it again knowing what kind of chaos to expect when pulling and we dropped him.

Stopped the raid after that since it was getting late.

In total, 2 wipes (Moroes and last group of trash before Attumen) and dropping Moroes on our first visit in Kara.

Hope this makes you proud Jaydin!
Everum

Postby eia » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:51 am

Good job! Glad to hear about it! :)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Return to Basic Training & Talents