Becoming Uncrushable

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Becoming Uncrushable

Postby quoll » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:35 pm

I have a simple question, I am confused excally how to become uncrushable. Can anyone explain it to me, and if possible tell me how much more %wise until I become uncrushable

Gear link http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... er&n=Quoll
quoll

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:57 pm

5 (base miss)+Block%+Dodge%+Parry%+(scroll over your defense and add that %)+holy shield (30%)+libram if u have it 5%=102.4%=uncrushable
Chevalier

Re: Becoming Uncrushable

Postby Ayasune » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:32 am

quoll wrote:I have a simple question, I am confused excally how to become uncrushable. Can anyone explain it to me, and if possible tell me how much more %wise until I become uncrushable

Gear link http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... er&n=Quoll

Theres a great Topic within here you should have a look at...

http://failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/ ... .php?t=163

For detailed Information on the Hit table...

http://failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/ ... .php?t=331

Your Goal is to get the 102,4% combined avoidance while Holy shield is running. You may find out ingame using this Macro, posted by Darthpaxis:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() +5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL) + 20)*0.04,1,0.5,0)
Ayasune

Postby Galiant » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 pm

There's an add-on called Tank Points, which was originally for Warriors. It works for Paladins too.

It's a great way to see if you're uncrushable or not.

When you're buffed, geared and have Holy Shield up - the Crushing % has to equal 0. This means your avoidance is at 102,4% or higher. If it's not zero, the percentage shown is how much avoidance you still need (+ the chance to be hit/crit, but that should be 0 anyway if you have any sort of decent gear)

Good luck to you! Warriors have it easy reaching uncrushable, I'd say...we sure don't.
Sunstrider PvP (Europe)

PvE Prot/Ret respecaholic
Galiant

Postby Shibui » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:17 am

I forget exactly where I read it (or if I dreamed it up on my own) but isn't there a point at which you can no longer factor in the base 5 miss when calculating uncrushable? Again, it is very likely I have no idea what I'm talking about, just seemed like a good time to ask.
Shibui

Postby jere » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:56 am

Shibui wrote:I forget exactly where I read it (or if I dreamed it up on my own) but isn't there a point at which you can no longer factor in the base 5 miss when calculating uncrushable? Again, it is very likely I have no idea what I'm talking about, just seemed like a good time to ask.

In practicality, no..you always can count the 5% miss. You would have to have enough avoidance to push that 5% miss off the table, if that is even possible.
jere

Postby Shibui » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:14 am

Never been so happy to have been wrong. =)

Thanks much!
Shibui

Postby Everlight » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:41 pm

jere wrote:In practicality, no..you always can count the 5% miss. You would have to have enough avoidance to push that 5% miss off the table, if that is even possible.

It's not possible. Miss is at the top of the table.
Everlight

Postby jere » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:58 pm

Everlight wrote:
jere wrote:In practicality, no..you always can count the 5% miss. You would have to have enough avoidance to push that 5% miss off the table, if that is even possible.

It's not possible. Miss is at the top of the table.

So all you need is about 2560 defense skill (or around 6144 defense rating).

Better get cracking eh?
jere

Postby Brandiss » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:29 pm

Awesome macro.
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Postby Sielanas » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:29 am

Rather than a new topic, I'll ask here. I'm confused about 490 being the desired defense number. I'm currently at 502, and when I add my numbers, I find that I'm way short of being uncrushable and I got really scared that I'm gearing wrong when I thought I was doing it right.
Sielanas

Postby jere » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:50 am

Sielanas wrote:Rather than a new topic, I'll ask here. I'm confused about 490 being the desired defense number. I'm currently at 502, and when I add my numbers, I find that I'm way short of being uncrushable and I got really scared that I'm gearing wrong when I thought I was doing it right.

490 is what you need to be uncritable, which has priority over being uncrushable.

To get uncrushable, you want 490 defense as a starting point because it gets you uncritable and starts you out with 10.6% chance to miss, 15.6% chance to parry, 10.6% chance to block, and 6.25% chance to dodge (0.65 base+5.6), plus any dodge, parry, block bonus from ratings or agility you have.

Everything over 490 no longer affects uncritable but moves you closer to uncrushable because it gives you more dodge, parry, miss, and block.
jere

Postby Thels » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:07 pm

You need at least 490 Def to be uncritable, which is more important than uncrushable.

After that, you'll work on getting uncrushable.

You need 7.9 Block Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This doesn't give avoidance.

You need 15 Defense Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This gives 0.75% avoidance.

You need 18.9 Dodge Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This gives 1% avoidance.

You need 20 Defense Rating for 1% avoidance. This gives 1.33% more uncrushable.

You need 22.4 Parry Rating for 1% more uncrushable uncrushable/avoidance.

You need 25 Agility for 1% more uncrushable/avoidance.

As you see, Defense and Dodge are about as useful for getting uncrushable as one gives more, but the other gives more avoidance. Parry and Agility are worse of in both aspects. Block will help if it's hard to read, but since it doesn't do anything besides granting uncrushability, it's a stat not sought after later on.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Brandiss » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:07 am

While we are at it.
Are there more macros out there like the one Ayasune posted?
Excluding the taunt macro, but in case somebody wants it, somebody could repost it :)
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Brandiss

Return to Basic Training & Talents