Divine Shield Macro

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Divine Shield Macro

Postby Aurica » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi all

I tried searching for the DS macro but I can't seem to find it.
I remembered there might be one that casts DS and immediately cancels it. Does anyone know that macro?

Any help would be appreciated.
Aurica

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 pm

/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

press it twice
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aurica » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:11 pm

OMG LORE!!!
thanks soooooo much <3 you forever
Aurica

Postby Jaydin » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:14 am

nice and fun to bind that to my middle mouse button

oh noes i got feared wait no! im baaaaack
Jaydin

Postby Lore » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:23 am

Yep, that's where I've got mine =)

I added a /cancelaura Blessing of Protection to the start of it also for maximum immunity-cancelling goodness.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Guldager » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:33 pm

I'm a noob at macros but what does that /cancelaura do?
Guldager

Postby jere » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:35 pm

Guldager wrote:I'm a noob at macros but what does that /cancelaura do?

It removes the specified buff.

/cancelaura Divine Shield removes divine shield...kinda like rightclicking the buff on your screen
jere

Postby Guldager » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:36 pm

Ahhh.. I'm new to the pala, so it's just to dispell all and then be back at normal?
Guldager

Postby jere » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:11 pm

Guldager wrote:Ahhh.. I'm new to the pala, so it's just to dispell all and then be back at normal?

It only dispells one buff (the one you specifiy). And the buff you dispell has to be a beneficial buff (aura, blessings, divine shield, PW: Fort, etc)
jere

Postby Guldager » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:51 am

jere wrote:It only dispells one buff (the one you specifiy). And the buff you dispell has to be a beneficial buff (aura, blessings, divine shield, PW: Fort, etc)

No I meant it's to cast Divine Shield to dispell all buffs and then dispell Divine Shield to be back at normal
Guldager

Postby Base » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:01 am

Lore wrote:/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

press it twice

First time you press it it tries to cancel your devine shield - which is not there, so nothing happens. Then it casts devine shield.

Second time you press it it will cancel your devine shield (which is now up) then try to cast devine shield - which is on cooldown so it just cancels the shield.

"/cancelaura SPELLNAME" can be used to cancel any buff - but just the one specified in the macro - it won't cancel all buffs.
Base

Postby Jaydin » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:57 am

Guldager wrote:
jere wrote:It only dispells one buff (the one you specifiy). And the buff you dispell has to be a beneficial buff (aura, blessings, divine shield, PW: Fort, etc)

No I meant it's to cast Divine Shield to dispell all buffs and then dispell Divine Shield to be back at normal

aye - its our instant cleanse all, remove fear, remove crazy debuff ticket - just make sure u spam it (or at the very least realize you have to hit it twice) otherwise the boss will see you bubbled and start going on a rampage. but the second your bubble goes down he should go back to ya.

oo good call lore didnt even think about putting that on there...theres been once or twice where i accidently bop'd myself... >-> <-< and not been able to as efficiently cancel it...couldnt think fast enough to instantly rebuff another blessing >-<
Jaydin

Postby Rhodair » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:23 am

Thanks SO much for this. I was searching for a while for a macro like this but gave up a while back - eventually thought you just couldn't cancel buffs this way. There really is a macro for everything :D
Rhodair

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:41 pm

Speaking of stacking lines in a macro, I have one that goes

/cast Holy Shield
/cast Figurine of the Colossus

Hit it once when holy shield isn't up, and up goes HS.
Hit it when HS is up, and pop goes the trinket.

I find it useful. Have to pay attention to cooldowns to prevent accidental trinket popping, but it's handy and a better alternative to having the trinket on its own action button.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaydin » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:44 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Speaking of stacking lines in a macro, I have one that goes

/cast Holy Shield
/cast Figurine of the Colossus

Hit it once when holy shield isn't up, and up goes HS.
Hit it when HS is up, and pop goes the trinket.

I find it useful. Have to pay attention to cooldowns to prevent accidental trinket popping, but it's handy and a better alternative to having the trinket on its own action button.

yeah actually i have that macro for that trinket as well as the adamantite one - have they changed the figurine's cd trigger? it used to trigger a 10 second cd when you popped holy shield, so i actually had mine macroed to go off *before* my hs, and havent bothered checking to see if they fixed that
Jaydin

Next

Return to Basic Training & Talents