Remove Advertisements

Legs

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Legs

Postby Luftblase » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:36 pm

OK, so I turned 70 two days ago, and have started working on my gear. I'm looking ahead and was wondering about the t4 legs. It appears to me that the t4 legs are inferior to Timewarden Legs, if that tankadin has reached uncrushability with Timewarden (Which you should if you are on Gruul).

The armor gain adds far less to the life span than the 47 more stamina on Timewarden's (498 health with talents). Is it just me? Am I missing something?
Blessing of Sanctuary is what I cast on Rogues when they whine too often about getting Might.
... if I gave them Salvation I wouldn't get to laugh when they die.
... if I give them Wisdom it reminds the Mages that I could be giving it to them, too.
Luftblase

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:57 pm

Yep, pretty much. Tankadin T4 and even T5 are pretty horrible, with the exception of T5 helm and T4 shoulder and helm since there isn't anything better available.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Phaex » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Btw, Tankatronic Googles and even the Badges Helmet are both better than T4.
But kinda like T5 Gloves and T4 Chest.
At least they do not suck terribly. Gloves have a bit less stam than Maiden's, but are far superior in everything else.
T4 Chest is not that much worse than panzarthar, just some blockvalue short, and it comes with a setbonus and some spelldam.
T4 shoulders have no equal right now, true.
I aim for those 4 items for my all in one solution gear :)

Yes, there are like no good tanking legs at all. Best choice are the ones from akama, which are still a few months away, after these there are wrynn's followed by timewardens. I look at those wrynn's and all i can think of is, "woah these suck". But there are no better ones available :D

Really sad, lets see what zul'aman will offer.
Phaex

Postby Atreidies » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:22 pm

Lore wrote:Yep, pretty much. Tankadin T4 and even T5 are pretty horrible, with the exception of T5 helm and T4 shoulder and helm since there isn't anything better available.

I have to disagree with you as far as t5 legs are concerned. They are still somewhat of a stamina loss versus either the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves or the Timewarden's, but they give a substantial amount of block, over 3%, that allows you to have alot more flexibility with your tanking gear.

This is probably highly dependant on your point of view, I for example cannot spec full prot as I still need to heal, I'm currently 18/43/0, so the loss of Deflection talents means that I need to make that up in gear and these legs are a great way to do it. While it seems like the loss of ~200hp between the 2 legs, assuming all 12 stam gems used in each, is a big loss, it allows me to drop my Pocket Watch or Scarab of Displacement for my Violet Badge, and soon to be 2nd Darkmoon Faire +51 stam trinket giving me an overall net gain of stamina.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby adese » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:28 am

Phaex wrote:Btw, Tankatronic Googles and even the Badges Helmet are both better than T4.

I think it really depends on what you want/need. The Engineering goggles have a ton of stam, but no spell damage or avoidance. The Badges helm has lots of avoidance, quite a bit of stam, and no spell damage. The T4 helm has spell damage, quite a bit of stam, and quite a bit of avoidance. I currently use the Badges helm, and I'm planning on using the T4 helm once I can be uncrushable without the Badges helm. I can always use the T4 helm for a high spell damage set, since it is way better than the Righteous helm.
adese

Return to Basic Training & Talents