Places to AoE grind?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Postby Bosutei » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Ignus wrote:thanks for the tips, I'll try em out next time. I can't kill him solo with that mana burn, I tried and I got him down to about 99% before I died. I found that really weird.

I'll try the flying thing though

He's a very easy solo as a Paladin, you run at 0% mana a lot, but with S/JoW, you have enough to keep Holy Shield and rank 1 Cons up(I think max rank too, been a while since I killed him for fun).
Bosutei

Postby Nich » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:36 am

The first time, I think I blew a bubble, a LoH, a BoP, and a couple of mana pots (lol stupidest thing ever, he burns them away in one go), before he died.

And he had respawns around him >.<

After that, I just ran, and prayed he'd leash before I had horde notice me.
Nich

Postby Divinia » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 am

Once you get your epic flyer and start on the Netherdrake chain, the Netherwing mines are an excellent place to AOE grind. Fast hitting Flayers and Ravagers galore!!!
Divinia

Postby Flex » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:06 am

I'm currently grinding out the Zaxis Raiders to get my consortium rep up to revered since they have the only Engineering schematic of the Rep factions. Cash and Cloth are the main drops. Not sure about you but selling a dozen stacks of Netherweave for 3 gold a piece every night is a nice cash inflow.

To top it off they drop keys for the prisons, which will net you 99% of the time useless level 70 greens that you can sell off.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Lindsfarne » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:41 am

Flex wrote:I'm currently grinding out the Zaxis Raiders to get my consortium rep up to revered since they have the only Engineering schematic of the Rep factions. Cash and Cloth are the main drops. Not sure about you but selling a dozen stacks of Netherweave for 3 gold a piece every night is a nice cash inflow.

To top it off they drop keys for the prisons, which will net you 99% of the time useless level 70 greens that you can sell off.

I also like the Heroic Mana Tombs instance, and there is a bonus boss there that you can access if you get five keys, turn it into the guy in NNW BEM, and open a stasis chamber there. 33% chance to drop a mark of the nexus king when revered which gets you a key to open the bonus chamber in heroic there mode in Man Tombs. That guy usually drops an epic ring, and one of them is for tanking. Regular last boss there drops some pally tank bracers. Once exalted you get a permanent key, so I'm farming my way up there for that and because I'm having fun doing the farming, and the cloth, greens to DE, and occasional blue are all gravy.
Lindsfarne

Postby Flex » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:55 pm

Lindsfarne wrote:I also like the Heroic Mana Tombs instance, and there is a bonus boss there that you can access if you get five keys, turn it into the guy in NNW BEM, and open a stasis chamber there. 33% chance to drop a mark of the nexus king when revered which gets you a key to open the bonus chamber in heroic there mode in Man Tombs. That guy usually drops an epic ring, and one of them is for tanking. Regular last boss there drops some pally tank bracers. Once exalted you get a permanent key, so I'm farming my way up there for that and because I'm having fun doing the farming, and the cloth, greens to DE, and occasional blue are all gravy.

Can you explain this with a bit less "giddy school girl" excitement?

Flexie is halfway through honored and wont be farming the next few days as I'm leading our first guild Kara run.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby adese » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:20 am

If you are just in it for the Consortium rep, going through that quest chain and summoning that mob isn't worth it - you get more rep consistently by using the keys to open the prisons by the broken mana forge.

Granted, I didn't know that the mob dropped a tanking ring - I recently hit exalted, but I might just need to farm some more keys to see if I can summon that guy and get that ring.
adese

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 am

adese wrote:If you are just in it for the Consortium rep, going through that quest chain and summoning that mob isn't worth it - you get more rep consistently by using the keys to open the prisons by the broken mana forge.

Granted, I didn't know that the mob dropped a tanking ring - I recently hit exalted, but I might just need to farm some more keys to see if I can summon that guy and get that ring.

I'm in it for the rep. Kara honored ring and the Arc drop are my current rings and badge ring will be my next.
Flex

Postby adese » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:09 am

Flex wrote:
adese wrote:If you are just in it for the Consortium rep, going through that quest chain and summoning that mob isn't worth it - you get more rep consistently by using the keys to open the prisons by the broken mana forge.

I'm in it for the rep. Kara honored ring and the Arc drop are my current rings and badge ring will be my next.

Then you should head to the area south of Area 52, with all the etherium mobs there. They are all melee (super easy AOE farming), and they drop both keys and insignias (turn in 10 for rep). It took me a few weeks of on-and-off farming to get through Revered to Exalted by farming there.
adese

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents