Remove Advertisements

I have a problem...

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

I have a problem...

Postby Arah » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:35 am

A while back I leveled a paladin to 50, didn't do much with her until a little while ago. I respeced and started tanking ST and Mara and such.

It's insanely easy. But I have a tiny problem. I'm not taking enough damage. The priest complains about not having anything to do, and everyone else complains about me having to mana up after every pull.

I've started to do somethings to prevent these complaints. I started with pulling a little more. Still the same complaints. Then even more! Still the complaints.

So I get this idea from what a friend told me. I take off my pants and chestpiece. This is starting to work well, but still too much downtime. I notice I have some of my RP/healing gear in my Inventory. I throw on the spelldamage cloth and holy crap! Perfect. Same amount of stamina, less armor, more spell damage. Everyone's happy.

I start getting a little bored. I put on more cloth and take off more gear.

Soon enough, I have just a sword, shield, pointy cloth hat and spell damage gloves on and i'm tanking a boss with two pulls before him.

This class is addictive.
Arah
Level 52 Prot Pally
Sisters of Elune
Arah

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 am

Yes, taking your clothes off in groups can be fun.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Ciandin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 am

Welcome to the tankadin; hopefully you'll enjoy your class as much as we all do :-)
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Zx » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

take off your pants.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Tradyk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:00 am

I like to butt-tank a bosses mates, so they can hit me for full damage, while keeping the boss themself in front of me, so I can dodge/parry/block his big attacks, while getting my mana from the little attacks on my butt.

And dear god if anyone makes a joke about enjoying it from behind, so help me god. :evil:
Tradyk

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:02 am

Tradyk wrote:I like to butt-tank a bosses mates, so they can hit me for full damage, while keeping the boss themself in front of me, so I can dodge/parry/block his big attacks, while getting my mana from the little attacks on my butt.

And dear god if anyone makes a joke about enjoying it from behind, so help me god. :evil:

Do you have a special agreement with the makers of KY? 'Cause THAT, my friend, would be OP.

Oh, and yes, that was a joke about enjoying it from behind.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Grokii » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:05 am

Pull more, and use less mana at the end of the fight. You probably have a threat lead and your passive threat will be enough. So as the healer tops you off your hit points you should end with half to full mana.

Also, never a bad idea to switch to a 2h weapon and get a couple hits in. With no shield you'll get hit harder and not block.

As you level up, this will be less of a problem until you hit 70 and get geared, then it'll come back.
Grokii

Return to Basic Training & Talents