Reckoning vs Precision question

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Reckoning vs Precision question

Postby combo64 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:40 pm

Ive been reading and trying to look up if people and blogs regarding 5/5 reckoning vs 3/3 precision.
Only thing i keep coming across is that precision helps for the taunts.

Im currently 0-49-12: The World of Warcraft Armory

The way i was thinkin the paladin armor build was focusing on avoidance since majority off the bosses i tank are hajal and BT. the idea of having high block rating/value seems more useless when dealing with hard hitting bosses (just my opinion) I stack as much avoidance while keeping my spl dmg 400+.
But im just wondering if having 5/5 recking gonna be usefull when a paladin is rellying on avoidance tanking.
combo64

Postby Manius » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:02 am

The frisbee uses melee hit, yeah. As for reckoning, you might as well just put two points there and three in precision. It's really, really awkward when your taunt is resisted, and anything that helps reduce those instances is great. If the mechanics are like warrior's taunt (uses melee hit but classes as a spell), then it's 17% resist against a lvl 73 but with 1% guaranteed miss. So that's 16% to be able to reliably taunt 99% of the time, or 13% with Precision talent. It's basically worth around 47.3 hit rating at 70 (you'd need 95 hit rating to cap on melee hit).

Also, unless you're having problems with threat on bosses I wouldn't think reckoning is that important.
Manius

Return to Basic Training & Talents