Remove Advertisements

How would your ideal H-5man / Daily Quest farm look like?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

How would your ideal H-5man / Daily Quest farm look like?

Postby Abian » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:40 am

I'm not going to push to be a MT with my Paladin, my time in the game will no longer allow it. But I'd like to focus on just tanking heroics for badge loot as well as farming daily quests for the gold / rep.

So I come to you all for advice, what would your ideal Heroic 5 Man / Daily Quest only spec look like?

This is my current spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhpIL0zggqtVbL

Part of me feels I should push for a Threat Rocket, while the other feels I should go more for the heavier tank oriented spec due to the Heroic instances.

On a side note, my current gear is entry level Heroic ready. I still have a few pieces I would like to get before I jump in head first for every Heroic instance if that helps to know when giving advice.

Thank you much.

Abian
Abian

Postby shaggynuts24 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:01 am

you are dropping points in core talents for extra points in reckoning, i am not sure if that is a good idea

reckoning is good for threat .... but should not be chosen over survivability

i would suggest to get the 25,200 honor spell damage mace ... 225 spell damage now ... that should give you a significant boost in your TPS

also grab the Shattered Sun Rep and get the shield ... spell damage = aggro (over simplified but it is a good rule of thumb)
shaggynuts24

Postby Abian » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:40 pm

I'm sure the request is much less exciting than a main tank quest for some large raid or Sunwell end-game content, but I was hoping for a few more tips.
Abian

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:18 pm

People can (and do) heroics and quests with the most oddball, goofy builds possible. For what you're looking for, builds and gear really don't matter all that much.

So there's not that much advice to give. Sorry mate. Good luck to you.

For heroics and dailys? Maybe something like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0zrgstVbL0h
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby shaggynuts24 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 am

i thought i summed it up nicely

stick to core talents ... move things around without sacrificing survivability

for extra threat ... the BG honor weapon and Shattered Sun rep shield should be more than enough

use salvation on everyone ... except for the ones you trust to dump threat/aggro when they need to
shaggynuts24

Return to Basic Training & Talents