Should I switch?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Should I switch?

Postby PadanFain » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Here is my current tank sethttp://www.armorylite.com/us/Cho%27gall/PANDANETTE

I just got the http://www.wowwiki.com/Wrynn_Dynasty_Greaves (well got them for the second time) the question i have is I feel that I am lacking in the stam department and i think that these would be a boost with 3 +12 stam gems in them but i would lose the spell dam from the T4 pants + spell thread ( which isn't showing up) and I already have issues with losing the mob to all these dam destro locks. So what do you guys think?

And what else should i change to last a little longer
PadanFain

Postby Targonis » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Are you dying to encounters or are the DPS ripping stuff off you?

That's the question you need to ask and gear accordingly. If you're a strain on your healers or barely surviving if you die the DPS gets the mobs anyway. Ask them to throttle or slow down if you need more hp.

If you are going OOM or not taking enough damage to be a strain on your healers then stick with the T4 to generate more threat.

My biggest recommendation would be to go buy the 100 badge legs from 2.4... their T6 Equivalent and will give you both.
Targonis

Postby PadanFain » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:46 pm

A little of both really I am working to get the pants by off tanking kara and doing heroics to get the badge gear. TY
PadanFain

Postby Targonis » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Not a problem. Absolutely nothing wrong with carrying more than 1 item per slot... I carry 2 sets of tanking gear and my healing gear around with me and switch pieces out as needed.

I have a MT/Avoidance Set
OT/AoE/Threat Set
2200 +Heal set (very useful for 3rd boss Heroic MgT and tank and spanks)

Just switch slot for slot depending on what you need at any given moment.

I would also strongly recommend getting the ItemRack addon once you start getting more and more gear to make switching easier.
Targonis

Postby Blackmaxx » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Get the 2% threat to Gloves Enchant

My biggest recommendation would be to go buy the 100 badge legs from 2.4... their T6 Equivalent and will give you both.

I agree with this would help alot with 40 stam 12 agil enchant

Drop a 12 to stam gem in ur Oathkeeper

12 stam to shield - ur block is good enuff

try for trinket from Hmgt -

Bracer enchant - I chose stam - but maybe Spell damage for you
[/code]
Blackmaxx

Postby PadanFain » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 am

I'll get the 18 stam to shield and drop in that gem but i was wondering about +4 to stats or 9 stam to bracers spell dam enchant a little to costly right now ( go go epic mount)
Edit using closet gnome to switch out gear tween ret set and prot set healing set is in the bank as i'd rather stab my eyes with a nail than heal
PadanFain

Return to Basic Training & Talents