Remove Advertisements

[ToC25] Looking for some general numbers

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[ToC25] Looking for some general numbers

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:10 am

A couple guilds joined up with the best of mine and tried ToGC25. I was unable to attend the raid this last weekend but I came into vent an hour in and they still couldn't kill Gormok. I had someone link me the meters and all healers seemed pretty solid (the healers are from my guild and have np healing ToGC10 and 3-4 heal ToC25).

My problem is the tanks and the dps. It seemed as though the average dps in there was about 5k and the tanks had 45k and 49.2k health each. I was looking for some input from those who have successfully done this raid, and I am not looking for a tribute run, I am looking for one or two kills a week for the 258s and eventually work our way up, as we are all casual (yes I know it is not a casual raid).

I was saying the tanks need at least 49-50k buffed and the average dps needs to be over 6k, thats what I was telling the group, but I would like some feedback on this claim.
hthomas13

Re: [ToC25] Looking for some general numbers

Postby Anorian » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 am

while i dont know the exact values but 45k seems to low think i was just a bit over 50k when first trying beasts, The impale hits for up to 35k any bleed/melee hit will gib your tank. Oh and you want to use 3 tanks not 2:D
Anorian

Postby hthomas13 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:22 am

I was talking to some guilds who have achieved tribute to insanity three times and they use 2 tanks, but maybe thats because they are all 258s and their healers are insane, i will try this next time. The 45k health was a DK who replaced my absense, and he said stacking avoidance was the best thing to do >=0

I believe our largest problem was the dps though, an average 5k doesnt seem high enough.
hthomas13

Postby guillex » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:38 am

What're they dying to?

Are too many dps dying?

Are the tanks dying to impale/bleed?

In the first case, you may want to try having whoever gets a snobold running to Gormok, and having EVERY DPS SWITCH to it.

The quicker they go down, the better... And when they're in melee range of Gormok, then melee AoE will hit him also. Less of a DPS loss.

If the tanks are dying ... Use 3.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby lythac » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:01 am

guillex wrote:The quicker they go down, the better... And when they're in melee range of Gormok, then melee AoE will hit him also. Less of a DPS loss.

Just remind them that most AoE can't hit the Kobolds, you can cleave off of them but not onto them.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby kanst » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:04 am

Hard Beasts we use 3 tanks taunt at 2 impales (could get by with 2 but no reason to), 6 heals, make sure people spread out. If a ranged get a snobold designate a spot they should run to an have all ranged switch. We give one of our ranged dps an assist and he marks the snobold ranged have to kill. Just keep doing that, near the end when he has 4 stacks of the snobold power up buff thinger start using some tank CDs for impale, that ish hurts
kanst

Postby maurok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:49 pm

my guild always had problems with dps, so we do it from first kill with 2 tanks. I start tanking, the other tank taunts with 3 stacks, then I taunt back with 4 stacks, then when I get 4 stacks he taunts, I bubble (and divine sacrifice just for not waste the bubble :P)... when gormok dies he is usually with 2 stacks, I bubble him (he's a DK)... p2 an warlock tanks the fixed worm, we rotate taking on the moving.

it is a little harsh on tanks and healers, but that's the strength of my guild... if your dps are great, just use 3 tanks =]
maurok

Postby semp » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

on gormok you stack armor and HP not avoidance. the impale is unavoidable.
semp

Postby Meloree » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:07 pm

I've gone with both 3-tanks, in our mains raid, where DPS has never been an issue on the fight, and 2-tank on the alt-raid where we really needed the DPS. 2-tank is definitely riskier, and I would only do it with seriously well-geared tanks. My alt druid raidbuffed to nearly 60k hp, and the alt-warrior I tank with raidbuffed to 52k - before we got any 258 gear on them. If your tanks are at 45k and 49k raidbuffed HP, they are undergeared to use a 2-tank method, in my opinion, both of them. Frankly, I think the 45k guy is marginal for a 3-tank method, but you can get around that with raid cooldowns. Gormok is a pure and simple health check, you want to be comfortably north of 50k buffed HP for a 2-tank method. It's certainly been DONE with less, but it's definitely not ideal to do it with less.

13-14 total impales is on-pace, that's what you want to plan around. If you're short of that, you're going to run into problems getting the worms down on time. Edge's First Beasts Kill - WMOwill give you an idea of what the dps required. The encounter has since been nerfed some, it'll be slightly less stressful. WoL has expired, sorry, I much prefer that parser.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 am

When we first got to them and spent like 2 weeks wiping on beasts, we switched a lot between 2 and 3 tanks, and 3 tanks never seemed to make it easier to avoid tanks dying. I'm not sure how much health they had, but they had no 258 gear, but as much 245 gear as you could get in the few weeks the instance was out and probably all the 239 gear they'd want other than algalon items. I don't think healers found having to deal with the bleed on an extra person or having to heal a slightly undergeared 3rd tank (particularly a DK as in our case, who seem to have gotten rather squishy since Sarth3D days), while having to deal with extra tank-switches any easier than just spamming 2 tanks - basically tanks stopped falling over dead when tanks and healers l2p'd, the number of tanks didn't change anything.

Using a ranged DPS tank on the first worm for the first pre-burrow phase helped a lot too, since we could do the tank swap on the other worm as soon as the first tank got fire, and the ranged tank doesn't take much damage at all.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon