Remove Advertisements

Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Postby Wrathy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 am

Belloc wrote:
d503 wrote:
xxkinetikxx wrote:DBM seems to work fine for us.

While single tanking and interrupting Shadow Strike? The error I've noticed before is that it would not reset the timer appropriately, and you'd get randomly cast SS's after a while.

I've never experienced this with DBM.

This happened to us so many times i got Rid of DBM. I seriously cant remember how many attempts we wiped on when trying to kill him because I would hit my Holy Wrath when the timer was at 0.5 in Phase 3, and 4 seconds later someone was dead and the adds burrowed. We swapped to DxE and the boss was dead a few attempts later. DBM had an issue with the transition from P2 to P3 and the timer was off. Now while I am sure that they fixed it by now, when we were trying to kill Anub, it was the bane of my existence. Its not enough that I am single tanking four things, pulling two of them myself with out MDs, and having to interrupt on a constant basis, but now the information i use was incorrect. It was frustrating to say the least.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby xxkinetikxx » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:11 am

Don't get me started on picking up those add's with out MD's lol.
xxkinetikxx

Postby Dasphunk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:40 am

Same, I just can't wait till we stop doing this shithole...
Dasphunk

Postby Wrathy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:28 am

Dasphunk wrote:Same, I just can't wait till we stop doing this shithole...

Weird, I said that last night many times. Its amazing how much that fight gives me heartburn.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Don't worry, my hatred for having to do the MDing is just as strong. Trying to MD 2 targets during a 4s buff with enough threat to outthreat healbombing pallies and shamans in P3 without inadvertently pulling aggro on said mobs and dying is rather fraying to say the least.

Unfortnately the 272 tribute cloak is better than any 277 cloak in ICC so I'm personally motivated, and having seen 0 heroic reigns, the casters are still fairly motivated to keep going too.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby makiwara » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:28 am

I forgot to post this earlier but I wanted to thank everyone who helped me with my questions earlier in this thread. We just got our AA 25 Heroic kill last week. 2nd Horde guild on server to do it. Thanks for the help guys :D However I did make one minor change before we achieved our kill. I swapped out from T8 helm to T9 245 for extra block value.

Pic of our kill: http://www.smellslikevictory.net/SMF/index.php
Would you like to come in for a cupcake and a glass of wine?
makiwara

Postby Nakalus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 am

Hello there!

My guild go pdok25 every week (trinkets & cloaks). Well, the problem is at the moment that our add-tank is at the army so. I tried to collect some items to do his job now:
http://chardev.org/?profile=394603

would it be enough? will I bite the dust?
Nakalus

Postby Boyfriend » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:49 am

Nakalus wrote:Hello there!

My guild go pdok25 every week (trinkets & cloaks). Well, the problem is at the moment that our add-tank is at the army so. I tried to collect some items to do his job now:
http://chardev.org/?profile=394603

would it be enough? will I bite the dust?

If you are planning to solo tank the 4 adds then you'll go pop like a pinata. If you are only tanking 2 then it should be fine.
Boyfriend
Maintankadonor

Postby Wrathy » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:23 pm

I would say that the minimum total dodge+block+parry+miss should be somewhere in the 95% range at the least. Also it is important to know that you should be striving to, after achieving passively unhittable, boost your block value as much as possible. I walk in there with about 4100 block value buffed, and still take significant chunks of damage.

This is the set I wear: Unhittable Set

My set has not deviated much from back then, a few upgrades to remove the T8 helm, The Signet of the traitor king and the weapon, but that is the set I used to kill Anub for the first time solo tanking the adds, and it is basically the set I still wear to tank the adds last week.

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Nakalus » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Hey!

Thanks for your answers!

Well, so I need some stuff of naxx/ul ... should start to pray for drop-luck.
Nakalus

Postby dewkstraykr » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 pm

You should totally update the chardev to the changes you have made with ICC gear :D
dewkstraykr

Postby chinoquezada » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:00 am

dewkstraykr wrote:You should totally update the chardev to the changes you have made with ICC gear :D

Was thinking the same thing.
chinoquezada

Postby Nakalus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:43 am

Wrathy wrote:I would say that the minimum total dodge+block+parry+miss should be somewhere in the 95% range at the least. Also it is important to know that you should be striving to, after achieving passively unhittable, boost your block value as much as possible. I walk in there with about 4100 block value buffed, and still take significant chunks of damage.

This is the set I wear: Unhittable Set

My set has not deviated much from back then, a few upgrades to remove the T8 helm, The Signet of the traitor king and the weapon, but that is the set I used to kill Anub for the first time solo tanking the adds, and it is basically the set I still wear to tank the adds last week.

Thanks!

/script dr=function(x)return 1/(1/16+0.9560/x)end;DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+dr(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.962)))

Build a new equip:
http://chardev.org/?profile=395061

I think it's a bit too less BV. But it should be able to use the http://www.wowhead.com/item=29387 (Gnomeregan Auto-Blocker 600)
Last edited by Nakalus on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nakalus

Postby Treck » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:19 am

Dont forget to add in a mobs basic miss chance of 5%, and also the miss % you gain from the added defence.
Puts him at 103.55%.
Treck

Postby dewkstraykr » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 pm

http://chardev.org/?profile=396701

That is the setup available to myself. No BR bracers unfortunately. Can swap out the Ony Trinket for the BC badge autoblocker if required.
dewkstraykr

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon