Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Postby towelliee » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Initial mod you need is called:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... lates.html

The Addon for tanking is called: Threat Plates

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14984.html

I also made a video explaining how they work. Basically whenever your tanking a mob and you have full aggro on it, you have a normal v bar with green glow. If lets say you're tanking 6 mobs and any one of them you do not have aggro on, their nameplate will turn big and red giving you the notice to taunt etc..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UXmpBoLBg

Video of me demonstrating how they work.

And yeah usually we get out of the AOE adds in phase 1 and 2 with 10-12 seconds left before next batch
towelliee

Postby xxkinetikxx » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks for that! I was already using tidyplates so I just had to download the theme.
xxkinetikxx

Postby Kaory » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:11 pm

Please help me!
I have all items that I need to tank all 4 adds, but :(
I cant take all of them on last phase. One or two always kills healer paladin on MT.
I've tryed rogues and hunter to misdirect adds to me, but that bastard overagroed them without RD on ^(
1,5 months of trying. Anubs model too large to target adds properly.

Tell me how to get them on me. Please.
Kaory

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:25 pm

How i do it:
Tank the boss very far down the room. with a Deathgripped frostpatch.
Whenever adds are coming out, you run away from anub, pick the close right add up with avenger+HoR taunt. wait for the others to come closer, once they are about to pass you, you RD taunt the 3 of them not allready running for you, since they are targeting the same healer.
The close left add should almost be slightly behind you, but turning slightly and your good.
About 1-2 sec after the RD taunt is casted, the adds should be right ontop of you.
While they are running there use holy shield and consecration on the floor.
At the time they are all 4 at you use Holy Wrath to stunn them all, and give you threat ofc.
Then turn slightly, hammer the add furthest to the left so it jumps on all 4 (with the glyph)
and strafe back in under anub. The adds should get out of their stunn right about the same time as your standing in a good position inunder the boss. Where you keep your holy shield up, keep consecrating, and hammer them all again.
After that there should be no way anyone can overaggro you.

Lot of text, hard to read/understand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpxxpRLgtxs
Bad quality and all, should be able to see whats going on.
Treck

Postby Kaory » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 am

Thank you very much!
There is one BIG problem. I must save Holy Wrath to kick the cast :( cuz my idiots paladins cant do that in time. But I need that start threat. Ok, ty again, I'll try it.
Kaory

Postby Treck » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 am

We run with a retri and warlock who does the "kicking"
As long as they interrupt it at the cast, instead of the preemtive stunning, its no problem with giving them a stunn DR "counter".
And with the holy wrath glyph, its usually possible to do it yourself, but not every time, so you will need help.
I wouldnt rely on a single kicker in any case. Esp not from a tank, you cant be running with that much hitrating, misses WILL happen, and it wont be reliable.
A dps should atleast have hitcap, or close to it. Given the adds are lvl 82 they prolly should have it.
Treck

Postby Morendin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:57 am

level 82= 6% spell hitcap = 158 rating for spell cap with NO buffs/talents/debuffs whatsoever.
A DPS who does not have at least 6% miss reduction through talents/gear does not belong in an Anub-H raid, PERIOD.
I do, however, think it behooves us to time a Holy Wrath against the SS. it costs us a little threat, but provides key redundancy against positioning/DPS facerolling/DPS faceflooring/ lag spikes, and all the other misc ways for even one SS to get off...because even if the SS doesn't kill someone, the inevitable Burrow is a great way to end an attempt early
Morendin

Postby culhag » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi there,
I'm currently building my passive bloc set, and I have one remark and one two questions :

- I think you should mention the trinket from Onyxia's head, as it's the best second trinket (with Lavanthor's) for reaching 101.6%

- Do you think it would be too unreasonable to rely on Quel'Serrar's proc to reach 101.6 ? My other option is to regem and reenchant my main tanking weapon, which I'm a bit reluctant to. (but will do if that's what it takes)
I'd be 1.2% short without the proc.

- Shield enchant : 81 BV but 0.8% short, vs. block cap with the block rating enchant ?
Last edited by culhag on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Should be noted that Falric's Wrist Chopper drops from Heroic Halls of Reflection and has excellent unhittable stats.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm

That's true but i doubt people will be bothering with ToC hc now that ICC is out >.>

Anyway later when i got time i'll add the drops from ICC 5 mens.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Wrathy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Worldie wrote:That's true but i doubt people will be bothering with ToC hc now that ICC is out >.>

For our guild, we will still be killing Anub HM every week for a while. Now we are a special circumstance because we got our first kill on the cusp, but there are some classes where the T258 Tier bonuses are far superior to marginal upgrades in ICC. Until a lot of our players have the ability to go right into 4 piece T264, they will be wearing at least 2 piece 258 for more benefit.

But I do agree, most people will skip over it, and maybe go back when the out gear the instance to get the kill for achievement points. I have a feeling it will be nerfed soon anyways, its now old content.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Niinbob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:27 am

Worldie wrote:That's true but i doubt people will be bothering with ToC hc now that ICC is out >.>

The next gate opens Jan 5th, I know we will still be killing anub every week because there isn't enough to do in ICC with only 4 bosses atm. :(
Niinbob

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 am

lol, what else are we going to do the rest of the raiding week?
Belloc

Postby Sathoris » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:53 am

Belloc wrote:

lol, what else are we going to do the rest of the raiding week?

Faceroll naxx or watch House were my options, but i don't think it's a hard decision.
Sathoris

Postby Treck » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 pm

culhag wrote:- Shield enchant : 81 BV but 0.8% short, vs. block cap with the block rating enchant ?

Depends a bit on your current Block value.
I run with about 8% from blockcap unbuffed, fully buffed i think thats just about 5%ish.
And i noticed a big differance that i was taking way less damage when beeing on more BV with 5% chance to be hit, instead of less BV with blockcap.
If the adds doesnt have 5% chance to hit you, you might aswell go for more BV. if your close to the 5% or missing even more, more towards the blockcap is prolly better.
Id safely say you can cut down to 5% chance to be hit if you can gain any BV on it.
Treck

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon