Remove Advertisements

Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Tanking Anub'Arak heroic adds

Postby Kaienn » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 pm

In regards to solo tanking anub'arak adds, you're quite wrong. assuming you're doing it correctly, you are going to be tab targeting through all 4 adds so an extra second off judgment is very helpful.
Kaienn

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:38 am

I have my unhit set. Can someone show me an example of an unhit set with 3k BV? This is with defense and agility elixir and agi food?
towelliee

Postby Dem » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:52 am

Kaienn wrote:In regards to solo tanking anub'arak adds, you're quite wrong. assuming you're doing it correctly, you are going to be tab targeting through all 4 adds so an extra second off judgment is very helpful.

This isn't necessary. With SoComm and full Reckoning (dropping optional points from soaking and Crusade for instance) threat and dps is nuts.
This is the way I specced for the fight from the start and there is no problem with threat.
Missed 50/50 by 2 tries last night :-((
Dem

Postby Kaienn » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 am

yeah we got insanity this week, and even with reckoning and SoC, I still like to have the threat lead. my dpsers love to jump the gun on the aoe, and the way our strat goes is that one hunter MD's one side to me while i pickup the other side, then our rogues FoK.

granted thats quite the threat in itself right there, i still like to be able to be in a comfortable lead.
Kaienn

Postby Shathus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:51 am

Is SoC + reckoning > SoV for 10H Anub as well, or do you lose out on some threat/dps with there only being 2 adds instead of 4?
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Check theck's post, he examinated the situation in which you tank only 2 adds.

Actually it's even better since you don't aoe them and they live a lot less than in 25 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby steadypal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 pm

okay we've been doing h 25 anoob for the past 2 weeks now, and at times the aoe dps'ers whine and say for us 2 offtanks to bring the adds closer,, most of the time they dont say east or west side tank, and we both kinda scoot inwards,,, but a couple times we end up to close, and dont realize until they cast shadowstrike, is there a mod or addon that will keep track of how close those 2 mobs are to eachother etc..?
steadypal

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:38 pm

steadypal wrote:okay we've been doing h 25 anoob for the past 2 weeks now, and at times the aoe dps'ers whine and say for us 2 offtanks to bring the adds closer,, most of the time they dont say east or west side tank, and we both kinda scoot inwards,,, but a couple times we end up to close, and dont realize until they cast shadowstrike, is there a mod or addon that will keep track of how close those 2 mobs are to eachother etc..?

I would set up a power aura condition to track the number of stacks of the buff on my target, and if it is too high, plaster a big red DANGERacross the middle of my screen. I don't think there's a mod that will track how close mobs are to each other, and a proximity tracker for you and the other tank might be insufficient.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:14 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
steadypal wrote:okay we've been doing h 25 anoob for the past 2 weeks now, and at times the aoe dps'ers whine and say for us 2 offtanks to bring the adds closer,, most of the time they dont say east or west side tank, and we both kinda scoot inwards,,, but a couple times we end up to close, and dont realize until they cast shadowstrike, is there a mod or addon that will keep track of how close those 2 mobs are to eachother etc..?

I would set up a power aura condition to track the number of stacks of the buff on my target, and if it is too high, plaster a big red DANGERacross the middle of my screen. I don't think there's a mod that will track how close mobs are to each other, and a proximity tracker for you and the other tank might be insufficient.

just tried to set up POWA to warn me if theres 3 buffs on my target,,, hopefully it works, cant really tell until we get there this week..
steadypal

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:40 am

If the adds are centered on the hind legs, they are close enough. If your AOE DPS is still whining, tell them to target better.

I'm not doing this to pimp our kill video, but it does show exact positioning and mage AOE targeting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xulf6pimAAQ
Belloc

Postby Wrathy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:17 am

Belloc wrote:If the adds are centered on the hind legs, they are close enough. If your AOE DPS is still whining, tell them to target better.

As Belloc said, the Hind legs are your ultimate guide, Pick up your two adds and back right up onto the legs and you will be in the ideal positioning, if your DPS is complaining that they are too far apart and you (and the adds) are on Anub's hind legs, its the other tanks positioning problem.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Palidren » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi, My guild has recently just started to kill H Anub on 25 man. My guild has my paladin single tank the burrowers and I am past the 101.6% avoidance needed for the adds. I was just wondering if any other add tanks were having this wierd thing happen where even though all the adds are positioned in front of me, ill still take unmitigated 11k hits and if there was anything that can be done to prevent this from happening?
Palidren

Postby Niinbob » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:35 pm

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

taken from Satrina's Macros

copy that and paste it in your chat log, it will tell you what your total avoidance is, if you are getting hit for unmitigated dmg then either you are not unhittable or you got hit in the side/back.

You cannot count holy shield into your 101.6% avoidance if you are tanking all 4 adds either.
Niinbob

Postby Fluoxie » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:16 am

I've been considering making a specific talent build for solo tanking the adds:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZy0xA0zghsIufzxf0dbc

Any comments/improvements ?
Last edited by Fluoxie on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluoxie

Postby theckhd » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:00 pm

Worldie wrote:Check theck's post, he examinated the situation in which you tank only 2 adds.

Actually it's even better since you don't aoe them and they live a lot less than in 25 men.

Reckoning gives you less of a benefit per point in the 2-add scenario. They do die more quickly, but since they're single-targeted you can build a 5-stack very quickly one the kill target. I'd say that SoV is probably a slightly stronger option, though I think it'd be fine to do it either way. SoCom might have additional utility in dpsing the skitterers in the submerge phase if you help out with that at all.

All that said, I've never respecced from my standard 53/18 for 10-man Anub. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference either way. It's only the 4-add scenario where you see a huge benefit to taking 3 in Reckoning and 1 in SoCom.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon