Remove Advertisements

[10 heroic] Northrend Beasts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10 heroic] Northrend Beasts

Postby Hildegard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 am

My 10 man group is having real trouble with this, and I would be grateful for any tips.

It's not Gormok that's the problem - we can down him in time without using heroism.

It's the bloody worms. We just can't seem to do it right so as to avoid people dying from poison or bile. Our strat has been to burn Acid first, using heroism asap. On the first phase we tank them more or less where they start, with me (Dreadscale tank) standing close to the door where they came in, so I am not too far away from the Acid tank. I move closer to the Acid tank if he gets poison, otherwise I stay where I am, apart from moving slightly to keep him out of green stuff.

Too many people are getting toxin at a time, and if they spread further out, they don't reach me in time to remove it. After the burrow, it gets worse - again too many people getting hit and we seem to go to pieces. Have never yet made it to Icehowl with everyone alive, so we fail on his enrage (or if someone fails to move quickly enough).

Is our strat OK, or should we change it (and if so how)? People are getting dispirited - we've had 3 weeks of not getting it down.

Lastly, does anyone have any tips on dodging Icehowl? Last raid, it was me who stuffed up (oh, the embarrassment!). But I don't see what I can do quicker - was watching him, mouse turned to face away, and pressed the run key as soon as I could, was not near a wall or anything. How do you all do it? Is strafing any quicker than running forwards? Do you run parallel to the wall, or in at a slight angle?

Sorry for long post, all help gratefully received.
Hildegard

Re: [10 heroic] Northrend Beasts

Postby djlar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:10 am

Yeah worms is more a teamwork phase, bile guys must run to poison guys asap, dreadscale must be kited very slowly or the poison clouds would be too much for any melee (they last way longer and spread in a much larger area than normal)

For Icehowl, get yourself some speed boost potions, anyone with class or profession speed buffs should use them, hunter if possible use aspect of the pack if charge is near them, rogues and druids sprint, engineers use boots. (aotp = better dazed than dead)
djlar

Postby kanst » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:13 am

The way we do it. We have a ranged class tanking the Acid at the start, with both normal tanks on dreadscale. Poison never has to move to Bile bile has to move to poison. After first burning bile is applied the other tank taunts dreadscale and the tank with bile runs and frees those with poison. Once Acid is dead a tank takes dreadscale from the ranged class and we just kill it.

As long as someone is healing him, a warlock can easily tank dreadscale while dread is rooted. Just give him a few seconds to build aggro then everyone can switch over
kanst

Postby guillex » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:27 am

kanst wrote:As long as someone is healing him, a warlock can easily tank dreadscale while dread is rooted. Just give him a few seconds to build aggro then everyone can switch over

Leotheras the Blind v.2
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Solam » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:38 pm

kanst wrote:The way we do it. We have a ranged class tanking the Acid at the start, with both normal tanks on dreadscale.
As long as someone is healing him, a warlock can easily tank dreadscale while dread is rooted. Just give him a few seconds to build aggro then everyone can switch over

What would be the best class for that then? A warlock or hunter? We also have a boomkin (when he's not healing).

Sorry to be a dummy but just trying to get my head around this; when the worms come in, both tanks head to Dreadscale and start him off near the gate, slowly kiting and debuffing poisoned people as necessary. The warlock/hunter picks up Acidmaw. With the dps all focussed on Acidmaw there's no problem with him keeping aggro? Which way should he be faced, seeing as if he's faced to the wall as usual (like when you have a melee tank) there's very little room in there for a ranged to stay out of melee range and avoid the sweep. What's the best direction to point him in?

Then after the first burrow phase, the warlock switches to Dreadscale while everyone continues to burn Acidmaw? This part makes sense to me as there's a larger area to work with positioning wise and there would be no aggro problems.
Solam

Postby Synagain » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

That's an interesting strat, never even crossed my mind! But we do pretty much what the OP says we little problem. I tank Dreadscale and just face the wall where he spawns (sort of towards the door).. when melee gets the poision i move slightly towards them as long as dreadscale isn't spitting to help free them sooner.

After they burrow the tank on acidmaw is bound to get the poision (so far it's been 100% of the time for our group but could be RNG) so whoever gets the bile the first time has to make sure to run and free them ASAP.

Sounds like you have the strat right, just a bit of a team work issue. GL though :]
Tichondrius Elite
Synagain - 80 DK Unholy/Blood Tank
Synergist - Rogue
Synagain

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon