Remove Advertisements

Twin Valks 25-Hardmode shield

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Twin Valks 25-Hardmode shield

Postby repent » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:56 am

I'm getting mixed information about the effect of dark shields and light shields on dps. In several forums, they discuss changing color to dps the off color shield. In other forums, some people indicate that the color of the shield is irrelevant. That is, a shadowpriest with black dpsing the light guys light shield does the same amount of damage as a shadowpriest with light dpsing the light guys shield. To make it clearer, some people say that although the twin valks themselves take increased damage, the shields are effectively colorblind. Anyone know who is correct?
repent

Re: Twin Valks 25-Hardmode shield

Postby Gamingdevil » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 am

As far as I know, this is incorrect. The shields aren't actually entities, you are still dps'ing the bosses, with all relevant effects applying. They just happen to be absorbing 1.2M damage.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby repent » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 am

FYI, my understanding to my own question is that you do more damage as dark attuned to the light shield. However, others suggested that you can do things like be light attuned and use an aoe affect (bladeflurry sp?) for one, as light attuned against the dark target, and then when the aoe portion hits the light shield it does the normal damage. (ie the shield is colorblind to the aoe effect) Others suggested the shield is colorblind outright, I just was hoping for clarification either way.
repent

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:50 am

Experiences last night tell me that the shields are not entirely colorblind. We had no issues killing opposite color shields, but we missed every same color shield. This was, of course, in 10-man heroic. So, yeah, you should definitely change colors for shields.

(Thank goodness we still one-shot the fight :P )
Belloc

Postby Kishandra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 am

As far as I know, there are only two abilities in the game - blade flurry and sweeping strikes - that work for full damage on the off color shield. They operate on some principle that the secondary target always takes the full damage of what the primary target took.

Because of this, you can plant your arms warriors and rogues on one of the twins, and if close enough, they can cleave to the other. So treat them as entities that attack both twins at once - if you've got 3 rogues/arms warriors, and 17 dps total, you want 7 on one, 7 on the other, and then spread those 3 however you'd like. Effectively, if no one changes colors, you'd have 10 "good" attuned players attacking every shield, and 7 bad ones.
Kishandra

Postby Meloree » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:30 pm

The shields are not colour-blind. However, it's not necessary to switch colours, either, just switch targets and take it out. This probably only works if you have dps split on the twins, though. Single-colour strategies would require switching, I assume.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm

I am not entirely positive, but I am pretty sure that last night in 25-man norm my Seal of Command (yes, I was experimenting) procs were hitting both equally.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:20 pm

The "essence" works that you deal double damage to the target of opposite colour. My Hotr deals X*2 damage to my twin and X to the other one.

It's not necessary to switch colour, BUT if you don't switch you'll hardly make it in time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon