Remove Advertisements

[10 heroic] Difficulty level

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10 heroic] Difficulty level

Postby Calleana » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:32 am

I am in a strict 10 man only guild, people on off days occasionally do 25 VoA/Onyxia but very rarely anything else. We are reasonably casual but try to get through content, we got stuck on Yogg in 10 man and haven't yet had a go at hard modes. While it would be nice to clear uld10 and various hard modes in there, it is difficult to fit all of this into the 6 hours of raiding we have a week. Therefore we decided to clear ony10, ToC10 normal and focus on Yogg/ hard modes depending on time left in the raid week.

Last night we finally had a full reasonably balanced group that cleared ToC10 without wipes so we started on hard modes and they are most definately a step up from normal. We called it after about 6/7 tries on beasts, our best shot being getting to the yeti being out with worms at 30% each. I don't think the encounter is insurmountable, and tbh it is nice to have a really hard boss to challenge the group.

I don't think the issue is really gear as most of our raiders have put in a lot of effort to their gear through Crusador Orb gear/ farming daily heroic. I think the issues we were facing might be a co-ordination issue, while extra gear should allow you to have a slightly higher margin for errors (more health on your tanks, dpsing harder/faster allowing more clean up time between bosses & extra sp for healers providing less stress on their mana/time). So prhaps it is back to hard modes in ulduar. :(
Calleana-Darkblade
Calleana
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:44 am

Belarkan wrote:My surprise was mostly that 10 HM and 25 normal have similar gear level, I expected both to be on equal difficulty.
Yes, gear item level is equal at 245 but 10-man heroic stuff is generally better-itemized and has extra sockets making them superior to 25-man normal gear.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Caerus » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:13 am

I am part of a strict 10-man raiding guild, and for us the difficulty level seems appropriate. We got ToC10 normal down the first week we went there, and are now progressing through heroic, just got Faction Champions down last week.
We have had some problems with Faction Champions, but switching from 2 to 3 healers seemed to do the trick on that fight.

Had the heroic mode been any easier I would have been disappointed. I like that we have to perfect our strategies and actually work for our kills.
Caerus

Previous

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon