Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby Valoel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:29 am

Aubade, i was just wondering if you could have a look at this set:

http://chardev.org/?template=262374

I tried to model mine on your set that u posted but i unfortunately dont have all of your items. As a result i made do with what i had in my bank.

The major difference is that you have 2721 blockvalue and i only have 2544. I also 1.2k less hp than yourself :(.

You also had a lot more block rating than i do so what i did is just add up your dodge parry and block and you had 83.98 and in my set i have 84.68. Does this mean if i receive the same raid buffs as yourself and use the agi and def elixers and agi food i should be unhittable?

Thanks man
Valoel

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:06 am

Lets talk about Awbaddie's shield breaking mid-attempt and how many times that wiped us.

Yeah, lets talk about that.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Valoel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:52 am

Joanadark wrote:Lets talk about Awbaddie's shield breaking mid-attempt and how many times that wiped us.

Yeah, lets talk about that.

LOL :P
Valoel

Postby Arianne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:58 am

Aubade wrote:
Arianne wrote:So I watched a few videos of 10 man hard mode Anub and it seems like they get half the spider swarm things in phase 2 as we do... :( Has anyone observed the numbers varying or have a good way to deal with them?

Kill them? there's nothing else to do but kite in P2

We usually run 3-4 melee (in 10 - I didn't see a thread on 10 heroic Anub). If the melee try to kill them, they get 8 stacks of the nature DoT and die either in the kite phase (if the healers get picked by anub) or in the next above-ground phase because the healers are back to concentrating on the tank. That's why I'm asking what's a better way to take care of them.

Like maybe the bugs start out with X amount of aggro on someone and melee should make sure that they're killing a bug that's targeted on a range and range should make sure to kill one that's targeted on a melee.

I dunno, maybe we just don't have enough overall DPS, but we've been getting anub to ~62% before the first submerge.
Arianne

Postby Meloree » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:09 pm

The scarabs only have like 30k hp in 10-man heroic, they should pretty much get fine red misted. If you're getting overrun, it's probably due to people spending too much time watching the kiting going on, and not enough time killing scarabs. Generally speaking, if you're not in the process of kiting, in 10s, you should probably be killing scarabs. Even if you're a healer.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:57 pm

Arianne wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Arianne wrote:So I watched a few videos of 10 man hard mode Anub and it seems like they get half the spider swarm things in phase 2 as we do... :( Has anyone observed the numbers varying or have a good way to deal with them?

Kill them? there's nothing else to do but kite in P2

We usually run 3-4 melee (in 10 - I didn't see a thread on 10 heroic Anub). If the melee try to kill them, they get 8 stacks of the nature DoT and die either in the kite phase (if the healers get picked by anub) or in the next above-ground phase because the healers are back to concentrating on the tank. That's why I'm asking what's a better way to take care of them.

Like maybe the bugs start out with X amount of aggro on someone and melee should make sure that they're killing a bug that's targeted on a range and range should make sure to kill one that's targeted on a melee.

I dunno, maybe we just don't have enough overall DPS, but we've been getting anub to ~62% before the first submerge.

Scarab Killing Fact Sheet:

-Scarabs spawn from the same (4 in 25 man, 2 in 10 man) locations as the larger adds in p1. Thus you can divide your DPS evenly between the west and east sides to make efficient scarab killing teams

-Scarabs' Enrage is time-based on how long they are left alive. If a scarab isn't killed in a set amount of time it heals to full, turns big and red, is immune to slows and stuns, and does 100% more damage. This can be Tranq Shotted. This means you should prioritize scarabs on the order they spawned to prevent any healing to full by enrage.

-Scarabs spawn with a fixate on a random target. This fixate is not a hard-fixate however, it is merely a 20k threat lead assigned to a random person. Thus if your scarab killers are all focused on the same target, the scarabs should die before they reach the person they are fixated on, but if your scarab killers are all split between many different targets then everyone will be pulling aggro left and right off of the fixated person and start getting stacks of Acid-Drenched Mandibles.

-Scarabs are not boss level mobs, they are lower level, as a result players will resist a much higher amount of damage from Acid-Drenched Mandibles than normally expected, and with focused healing someone can survive very high stacks. The application of this is that you can task someone like a rogue to essentially DPS tank scarabs for one side without concerning themselves with the number of stacks they get, and then cloak off the debuff stack once the phase ends and the last scarab is dead.

-Acid-Drenched Mandibles is nature damage, so ensure you have either Aspect of the Wild or Nature Resistance Totem during kite phases.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you can probably discern, scarabs are essentially just a check of having focused and coordinated DPS. The less coordinated your DPS and healer team is, the more out of control things get, particularly due to the enrage mechanic.
The way I had my guild approach p2 was I divided our DPS between the east and west sides with an even distribution of caster and melee DPS on each. I made one mage on each side the main assist for that team and gave them raid assist so that they could mark a kill target. Mages are particularly good for scarab killing because of their very high burst ranged DPS to rip threat on the kill target from ranged so that no one gets stacks, and because of their ability to snare with frost novas and rank 1 Frostbolts (less than 1 second cast). They can also ice block off any stacks at the end of the phase.

-
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Absalom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:01 pm

I suspect most gearsets will look relatively similar as there are only so many pieces of gear that provide block rating and block value.

The following is the gearset that I used in our kill video.

As a caveat, I will say that this is not the best set to use. A good amount of T7 gear that I had saved through Ulduar progression was disenchanted when T9 was released and I passed on most BV gear in Ulduar since it was such a weak survival stat through T8.

The general concept is to stack Block Rating and Avoidance (in this case, mostly Agility or Defense or Dodge) to 101.6% and then consider options to increase block value as high as possible. When calculating your proximity to being unhittable, do not forget to factor in the additional avoidance gained from buffs available:

- Battle Elixir: Elixir of Mighty Agility
- Guardian Elixir: Elixir of Mighty Defense
- Food: Blackened Dragonfin
- Raid buffs: Blessing of Kings, Improved Mark of the Wild, Improved Strength of Earth totem (which overwrites Horn of Winter).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEAD: Conqueror's Aegis Faceguard
* Enchant - 37 Stamina, 20 Defense (Argent Crusade - Revered)
* Meta - 21 Defense, +5% SBV
* Socket - 20 Defense

NECK: Necklace of Unerring Mettle

SHOULDER: Valorous Aegis Shoulderguards
* Enchant - 20 Dodge, 15 Defense (Sons of Hodir - Exalted)
* Socket - 20 Defense

CLOAK: Cloak of the Iron Council
* Enchant - 16 Defense

CHEST: Valorous Redemption Breastplate
* Enchant - 22 Defense
* Socket - 10 Agility, 15 Stamina
* Socket - 34 Defense (prismatic)
* Socket Bonus - 6 BR

WRIST: Bindings of the Hapless Prey
* Enchant - 40 Stamina

GLOVES: Gauntlets of the Disobedient
* Enchant - 20 Agility

BELT: Fleshless Girdle
* Enchant (Belt Buckle) - 20 Defense

LEGS: Wyrmguard Legplates
* Enchant - 55 Stamina, 22 Agility

BOOTS: Inexorable Sabatons
* Enchant - 16 Agility
* Socket - 20 Defense

RING 1: Signet of the Earthshaker
* Enchant - 30 Stamina

RING 2: Fate's Clutch
* Enchant - 30 Stamina
* Socket - 20 Defense

TRINKETS: Lavanthor's Talisman, Repelling Charge

WEAPON: Shiver
* Enchant - 25 Hit, 25 Critical Strike
* Socket - 20 Agility
* Socket Bonus - 4 Hit Rating

SHIELD: Bulwark of Algalon
* Enchant - 15 BR
* Socket - 20 Defense

RELIC: Libram of Obstruction

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I easily hit unhittable, but my BV was relatively low -- around 2.5K with Libram active -- which caused me to still take quite a high amount of melee damage from the Burrowers. I'm currently looking to incorporate some T9 BV gear to help improve the set.
Absalom

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Hmm interesting set. Did you use some of those items just becuase you didn't have the upgraded equivalent?
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Our movie is up on our front page, and i gotta say, i REALLY like how this one turned out.
http://www.forlornlegacy.net/

=D

Bad ass music too.
Joanadark

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Joanadark wrote:Our movie is up on our front page, and i gotta say, i REALLY like how this one turned out.
http://www.forlornlegacy.net/

=D

Bad ass music too.

Hehe I just got done watching it. I think my favorite part is When my shield breaks and orly stops and breaks out the recount death meter =[.
Aubade

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:18 pm

Really? Cause my favorite part was when your shield breaks AGAIN and we almost wipe with the boss at 1%.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 pm

streaming video has been removed :(
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Orlyius is aware. It's cause of an issue with uploading it to youtube. Download works fine and is fairly quick.
Joanadark

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:20 pm

My Shield didn't break the 2nd time, Just died from damage
Aubade

Postby Levantine » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:10 am

Aubade -> Awbade -> AwBAD -> AWFULBAD

Oh. I so went there.
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon