[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby fafhrd » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Well the only thing they'd need to do to equalize tanks would be to make Expose Weakness a buff on the mobs instead of a debuff on the tank - the only reason block is having the effect it does is because an increase in damage taken can only affect damage you'd take - and damage you've blocked isn't damage you'd take. If it's instead an increase in damage output by the mobs, block will apply after the % increase and won't be unusually powerful.

Of course that would make the fight harder in all likelihood, which seems contrary to what they'd want to do at this point in time.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:11 pm

Nadir wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Have they said if they're changing how BV affects this fight?

GC and Daelo have purposefully ignored any posts about the subject. I just can't see why they'd allow something so game breaking in terms of tank balance remain. IMO, block tanks on Anub'arak adds are far more overpowered than say a DK on Vezax in 3.1.

Alternatively they could just nerf or adjust the encounter such that a Bear or DK will be able to tank the adds. One band-aid solution might be to make adds have 200% more base damage and make the stacking debuff cap out at +100% damage taken.

I'd be alot more concerned if the other two types of tank werent rediculously good at tanking anub himself in the same encounter.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Nadir » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Bears are decent. EH is king when tanking a mob that can kill you within half a GCD. Although even Bear EH won't save you from the most common Anub'arak tank gib.

A death log from my guild's Bear:

[19:22:25.105] Anub'arak hits Fattycop 25675 (A: 2172)
[19:22:25.186] Anub'arak Leeching Swarm Fattycop 10564 (R: 2641)
[19:22:25.296] Anub'arak Freezing Slash Fattycop 23948 (O: 1039)
[19:22:25.561] Fattycop dies

I think a Paladin is the only class that could have lived through that burst. :P

But what does a DK bring to the table when tanking Anub'arak? They don't have more armor. They don't have more health. Their cooldowns aren't exceptional.
Nadir

Postby Meloree » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:54 pm

If I had to guess... http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50152

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Nadir » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

A normal player would have an average of 15% resistance against Leeching Swarm. A Frost DK would have an average of 35% resistance. However DKs have lower armor and no block mechanic so a melee hit with be for ~28-29k. Hmm.
Nadir

Postby Levantine » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:15 pm

From my experience (admittedly much less than Jo, who I would normally bow out to) Death Knights are the worst tanks for Anub. Even with Acclimation, we still lack the EH and blocking power of the other tanks. The only spec that comes close to the EH levels of the others is Blood, who don't have Acclimation. I take noticeably more damage than any of our other tanks (as any spec, I'll say, since I tried all of them when we were learning him), as does Ryukii the other DK tank in guild.

Just because we're better at tanking Anub than tanking the adds, doesn't mean we're stronger at it than other tanks. I imagine it's the same for Druids. It's about the only time I wish I had a sheild. :(
Levantine

Postby Aubade » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Boss is down, I'll be posting my set in an hour or so
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Joanadark » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:15 pm

To be honest i forgot about DKs cause we dont use one any more. ><

anyways, BOSS DEAD OMG WORLD 17TH US 7TH WOO HOO.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Meloree » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Nadir wrote:A normal player would have an average of 15% resistance against Leeching Swarm. A Frost DK would have an average of 35% resistance. However DKs have lower armor and no block mechanic so a melee hit with be for ~28-29k. Hmm.

Didn't say I agreed with it, just that it was the only think I could think of.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:48 pm

Joanadark wrote:To be honest i forgot about DKs cause we dont use one any more. ><

anyways, BOSS DEAD OMG WORLD 17TH US 7TH WOO HOO.

You cut me deep, Jo. Grats anyway though. \o/
Levantine

Postby Absalom » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:28 am

The video is available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCMOY-8HRs

WMO Parse: http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7850150

Suffice it to say, warriors are better add tanks than pallies due to the multiple ways they can increase BV via talents, but we have an incredible healer team that was able to control penetrating cold and keep up two tanks through some pretty massive damage especially in phase 3.

If they do decide to change block mechanics forcing us to use 3 tanks, it would definitely make the encounter easier--at least from my end.

While it would require you to manage the use and placement of frost patches more effectively and put a greater pressure on the enrage timer (although if the change isn't made soon the latter would cease to be an issue), a lot of the problems we faced in learning this fight would be resolved by the longer cast-times on Shadow-strike, less issues with add pick-up, and significantly less melee damage from the burrowers (if you were using a paladin tank instead of a warrior).

More information to come.
Absalom

Postby Valoel » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 am

looking forward to your gear choice abs. Atm i am at 90% without holy shield up but i am missing the dragonslayers belt and the hvh trinket. Hopefulyl once i get that and with raid buffs and elixers and food buff that should see me through.
Valoel

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 am

http://chardev.org/?template=262217

That is my setup for unhittable, factor in agil food, Agil/Defense flask, horn of winter etc etc and you're unhittable.
Aubade

Postby Arianne » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:17 am

So I watched a few videos of 10 man hard mode Anub and it seems like they get half the spider swarm things in phase 2 as we do... :( Has anyone observed the numbers varying or have a good way to deal with them?
Arianne

Postby Aubade » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:25 am

Arianne wrote:So I watched a few videos of 10 man hard mode Anub and it seems like they get half the spider swarm things in phase 2 as we do... :( Has anyone observed the numbers varying or have a good way to deal with them?

Kill them? there's nothing else to do but kite in P2
Aubade

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon