Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby fafhrd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am

Meloree wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Meloree wrote:In retrospect, it's probably not totally optimal, it's what we fell into, and with cloaks on the line, it's really tough to make strat changes when this one works for us.

Hmm your strategy for keeping up groups is interesting, we just use JoL for the melee groups and Healing stream OR Vamp embrace, nothing else.

We had people dying to LS on a regular basis. Just JoL/LotP never seemed to be sufficient, even for the rogues.

Ours seem to do fine :o

Are they switching targets to adds that don't have JoL on them or something and getting killed by that perhaps? They do need to be constantly meleeing a judged target to survive, so if you're using a strat that has them running off to tricks adds then JoL+LotP won't keep them alive no. Or maybe NR is not being maintained?

Speaking of which, our problem the last couple of weeks has been a healer or 3 always getting aggro and dying in p3 - we use a single warrior add tank, with 1 hunter MDing 2 adds, and 2 rogues FoK all the adds when they're in range. It didn't seem to be a problem our first few kills, but nowadays in P3 a tank healing pally or a resto shaman or resto druid always seems to have solid aggro on the 2 adds I MD, and I'd imagine on the other 2 adds as well. It's kinda frustrating since unless I get a crit on an MD'd shot (and there's a 40%ish chance I won't crit) odds are very good the healer will just hold aggro unless the tank manages to steal aggro before the add oneshots a low HP healer (and he's a bit constrained in doing that because he usually doesn't move much for fear of an add getting behind him).

I've been trying to convince the rogues to run out and tricks in P3 which they've mostly been ignoring, but even that would only get some of the adds I think with 2 rogues.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Wrathy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Fafhrd, we were having the same problem when getting into P3 for the past few nights. The thing that turned it around for us, and it is not an easy or fun option, is that I would pick up the front two adds on my own with an AS and a hand of Reck and the rogues would run out and get the back two as they got to the group. Our healers also stood directly on top of me, on the ice only during P3, so that the adds were in melee range if they aggroed them. It seemed to be the make or break for the healer aggro on P3.

Since it is a warrior tanking the adds, it may be a bit more difficult, but once I got the camera angles down to taunt the two front add with out accidentally getting anub's gigantic hit box, the problem stopped completely.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm

If you have a paladin solo-tanking the adds, there's always the option of glyphing RD, having one of your holy pallys run RF and Recking 1 RD The last 3, this will put you on an even field as the holy pally, and although he might get a little more aggro, you'll only have to smack em once while they're running across the ice to stick em to you.

(assuming your holy pally stand on the opposite side of the ice)

I can't help with the warrior thing though.

(when we solo-tanked it, i ran RD glyph and HotR Glpyh, I suggest it for all. It was amazing.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Serv » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:08 am

We run into several 1-4% wipes yesterday. I've enchanted some 'older' gear with natue resistance and took a resistance flask to minimizie the Swarm damage. I must admit, it had some effect but not as hard as I wished. Maybe I get the rings from onyxia anytime soon, to see how it feels with around 320 NR.

/edit: Fafhrd, we got all our rogues constantly running out an tricking the adds plus one hunter MD two adds on to our warrior. Works fine. I don't need to bother overaggroing him in the first few seconds due to cons and HotR and I'm even able to use Holy Wrath in Case our Warlocks messes up again (what he does a lot :( )
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby kanst » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:24 am

So we finally killed this guy last night after a few sub 5% wipes. We of course missed the 25 chest by one wipe.

Just a bunch of the things we had our raid do to help kill this boss.

1 MT with some nature resist (hes a druid)
1 OT with full block gear (a warrior)
6 heals, makeup varies last night we had 3 holy pallies, 2 holy priests and a shaman

Every single healer war responsible for getting some addon to show raid marks in their raid frames. We actually had a Healer UI thread on our forums so we could critique and help optimize peoples UIs for this fight. 6 healers means 1 healer is solo-healing both tanks basically. 3 holy pallies allowed us to overlap beacons really well. So one pally healed the MT while beaconing the OT, the other 2 pallies had a PC target and kept their beacons on one of the tanks.

One helpful thing, make sure your pallies glyph out of holy light, way too much incidental healing
Have all your healers (including Spriests) stand inside the boss basically during phase 3. They need to make sure that a straight line drawn from any add spawn to them goes through the ice.
It took us a little while to get comfortable with PC but once we did it went very nice. We had 3 shamans each with glyphed healing stream, and an spriest with imp VE. Melee were kept up by JoL and the feral druid thing.

The only issue we still have is the Shadowstep timers sometimes get screwed up in P3. Dont really know why but occasionally they will be off by several seconds.

As for getting adds to the tank, all of our rogues are tricksing. They are responsible for running out and getting aggro to the tank. We also have 1 hunter MDing with a second as backup. Tank pickups are key and we found it easiest if all the pickups were controlled by other people so the tank doesnt have to move much.

I spec ret for this fight and basically have a macro to freedom our OT, which i hit every time he has to position the adds.

I am glad we finally killed it, two days ago we had a 30,000 wipe when our OT and a DPS dc'ed and that wipe was painful.
kanst

Postby maurok » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:42 pm

I built a set for solo tanking adds where I get 101.1% avoid+block using titanium plating on the shield...
Just as an example for other possible changes, should I change the shield enchant for +15BR so I get block capped, or should stay with the BV enchant for reduce incoming dmg?
maurok

Postby Aubade » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:39 pm

maurok wrote:I built a set for solo tanking adds where I get 101.1% avoid+block using titanium plating on the shield...
Just as an example for other possible changes, should I change the shield enchant for +15BR so I get block capped, or should stay with the BV enchant for reduce incoming dmg?

Stay with the BV enchant. I started losing BR and going more for BV now, for incoming damage, the 102.4 set isn't as important as it once was in my opinion.
Aubade

Postby Avengeance » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:10 am

something is nerfed in p3 - he is dying like a minute faster than 3.2. I'd probably assume either the healing multiplier on anub is decreased or the leech itself has been nerfed.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 am

Avengeance wrote:something is nerfed in p3 - he is dying like a minute faster than 3.2. I'd probably assume either the healing multiplier on anub is decreased or the leech itself has been nerfed.

Our last kill took longer than usual. Nothing has changed except for gear upgrades and minor class changes.
Belloc

Postby Dasphunk » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Aubade wrote:
maurok wrote:I built a set for solo tanking adds where I get 101.1% avoid+block using titanium plating on the shield...

Stay with the BV enchant. I started losing BR and going more for BV now, for incoming damage, the 102.4 set isn't as important as it once was in my opinion.

It isn't 102.4% for the adds. It's 101.6%, since they're lvl 62 elites.
Dasphunk

Postby Aubade » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Avengeance wrote:something is nerfed in p3 - he is dying like a minute faster than 3.2. I'd probably assume either the healing multiplier on anub is decreased or the leech itself has been nerfed.

Or your raid got more used to the fight and you got better gear =]
Aubade

Postby Treck » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:18 pm

We just spent 4hours wiping on this...
After oneshotting it a few times before.
Came here in hopes of hearing some stealth buffs on him making him hard.
But i guess we just failed ;(
Treck

Postby Chicken » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Treck wrote:We just spent 4hours wiping on this...
After oneshotting it a few times before.
Came here in hopes of hearing some stealth buffs on him making him hard.
But i guess we just failed ;(
Well there is the whole thing with mob pathing being a bit off at the moment. If your issue was your add tank dropping dead then that's it, if not you just failed.
Chicken

Postby Faids » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Damage taken report from our kill this week. Three tank strat on 1 ice stacked. Both offtanks in full block gear.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jtcu ... 29&e=13674

Warrior died at around 1% and i picked up all 4 mobs for the last couple seconds and died myself :lol:
Faids

Postby theothersteve7 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am

Successfully MTed this with a single warrior OT (who has a stellar block set). One important feature I see not being mentioned very often is the need for holy paladins. It's pretty crucial to stack up as tightly as possible on the OT and spam Holy Light through phase 3.

It was our second kill, first kill was MTed by a bear.

OT's gear set is stored on Wowheroes if you'd like to look at it.

Harder than anything in ICC, that's for sure.
Moo.
theothersteve7

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon