[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby fafhrd » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Not renewing commanding shouldn't have any effect at all Treck - the calculation is off your current HP, not max, and afaik Commanding does nothing to your current HP, just your max - so unless the warrior was at full HP before commanding faded, had it fade and hence reduce his current health while still keeping him at full HP, took a hit that brought him low, then took a leech tick that was calculated before the hit AND before the buff fade, AND the overkill was so small (about 1k) that it wouldn't have killed him if he didn't have commanding a half second ago, the commanding fading shouldn't have contributed to his death - he'd have died to whatever killed him anyway.

If it was a DPS warrior he shouldn't have been at full HP ever anyway, if he were a tank he'd probably have died to whatever killed him anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Re: Anub 25 Heroic

Postby Aubade » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Even a Talented HoP will not be useable twice in the same encounter for Kiting in P2
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Gaffer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:24 am

Belloc wrote:A better question is: Where was the judgement of light heal?

I only linked relevant swarm ticks. Both JoL and HST are ticking.

Joanadark wrote:[19:31:12.893] Yawning's Survival Instincts fades

Definitely why he died. Thanks!

Joanadark wrote:Edit: I am also almost certain that you guys didn't have Nature Totem/Aspect up, or people would have been resisting more.

I'd have to look through logs closer for this night, but it does look like he's only getting the resists you'd expect from Mark of the Wild. I usually monitor all buffs / debuffs, but had to revert to default UI the last few weeks when a stick of ram died so I wouldn't put it past our shamans to slip here. Especially since I've had to remind them in the past.

[edit] Obviously, not confirming if it was down at death or not, but he's at least dropping them:

[{"spellNames": ["Nature Resistance Totem"]}, {"eventTypes": [5], "targetNames": ["Yawning"]}]

[19:22:24.002] Nooraelad casts Nature Resistance Totem
[19:22:24.002] Nooraelad summons Nature Resistance Totem VI with Nature Resistance Totem
[19:27:25.989] Nooraelad casts Nature Resistance Totem
[19:27:25.989] Nooraelad summons Nature Resistance Totem VI with Nature Resistance Totem
[19:31:13.582] Yawning dies

If only the combat log showed totem fades.
Gaffer

Postby Treck » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:34 am

fafhrd wrote:Not renewing commanding shouldn't have any effect at all Treck - the calculation is off your current HP, not max, and afaik Commanding does nothing to your current HP

If your HP changes your gonna take a hit that is 20% of your HP you had with the buff, since leeching doesnt recalculate that fast all the time.
say you have 10% hp = 3000 hp, your gonna take a 600 hit.
Then the buff is removed, your still on 10% hp, but your then at 2700hp. That first hit after the buff fades, is very likely to be a 600hit, instead of a 540 hit.
Now the numbers are made up but the point is there, commanding gives about 10%? hp to dpsers the killers are those buffs giving you about 30% hp since the effect is gonna be greater.
Treck

Postby Solar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:51 am

Hey guys/gals, lots of great info in here on the encounter and add handling. I was hoping someone might give a little insight into how their guild handles healing duties for phase 3 of the fight. We've been working on the encounter for about 3 weeks now and have started consistently getting to P3. We use 2 add tanks since we don't have a tank with the passively unhittable gear.

Our healing comp is typically 2 holy pally, 2 disc priests, 1 resto shaman, 1 resto druid. This past week I tried assigning a disc priest to the MT with a beacon from me (holy pally) while I healed both OTs. Then I assigned the other 4 healers a raid icon and tried to catch the 5th myself (which at times seems very dangerous). So far, we seem to lose 2-3 people right after P3 begins, things stabilize, but then we get too many adds due to lost dps. I know some guilds use 7 healers for the encounter but I don't think we have the dps to do that since we use 3 tanks. Just wondering if there might be a better assignment I'm not considering.
Solar

Postby fafhrd » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:44 am

Treck wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Not renewing commanding shouldn't have any effect at all Treck - the calculation is off your current HP, not max, and afaik Commanding does nothing to your current HP

If your HP changes your gonna take a hit that is 20% of your HP you had with the buff, since leeching doesnt recalculate that fast all the time.
say you have 10% hp = 3000 hp, your gonna take a 600 hit.
Then the buff is removed, your still on 10% hp, but your then at 2700hp. That first hit after the buff fades, is very likely to be a 600hit, instead of a 540 hit.
Now the numbers are made up but the point is there, commanding gives about 10%? hp to dpsers the killers are those buffs giving you about 30% hp since the effect is gonna be greater.

Relevant bit is underlined, no, when the buff fades you're not still at 10% hp, your HP % isn't kept constant when you lose or gain stamina or intellect buffs. If you were at 10% hp with 3000 hp, then lost an HP buff, you'd still be at 3000 HP, and your %HP will change since your max HP changes with loss of the buff. This means the loss of the buff would only contribute to your death in the very specific (and unlikely) circumstances I outlined.

I haven't checked this with Commanding Shout in particular, but it's definitely how stamina/int scrolls worked at wrath launch, and I don't see why commanding would be any different. Mysteriously losing HP when a buff fades would suck since you could go from 2700Hp to 1 hp for no good reason.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby guillex » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 am

Joanadark wrote:questions like this belong in the appropriate thread for the encounter, not in a new thread.

Merged. A bit messy, but merged nonetheless.

Enjoy.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Avengeance » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:14 pm

We actually use 3 tanks 7 healers for this - from what I know, we have 2 holy palas beacon the MT, and they both heal 1 OT each. Rest of the 5 healers gets 1 mark each and they keep that up. Of course you need enough gear/dps to pull off 3 tanks 7 healers, but we find using 7 healers a lot more stable in P3 than trying with 6 (and ended up wiping like 3 weeks on it). If you think your healers are capable, you can cut a healer and get 1 guy to heal 2 marks alone, which is quite well doable if his reactions are fast.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Boèndal » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Aubade wrote:Even a Talented HoP will not be useable twice in the same encounter for Kiting in P2

A talented HoP is useable twice. That's how we do it if we have only 3 Paladins available.
First kite phase:
1. gets HoP(the talented one)
2. gets HoP
3. just run and try to position Anub well

Seccond kite phase:
4. gets HoP
5. kite as long as possible without dying and then use the frost patch
6. kite for about 5-10seconds till HoP gets off CD, receive HoP and try to position Anub well

The better the first two in the second burrow phase do their job the less risky this strat is. If they were good the HoP for No6 is not even needed.
Boèndal

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Solar wrote:Hey guys/gals, lots of great info in here on the encounter and add handling. I was hoping someone might give a little insight into how their guild handles healing duties for phase 3 of the fight. We've been working on the encounter for about 3 weeks now and have started consistently getting to P3. We use 2 add tanks since we don't have a tank with the passively unhittable gear.

Our healing comp is typically 2 holy pally, 2 disc priests, 1 resto shaman, 1 resto druid. This past week I tried assigning a disc priest to the MT with a beacon from me (holy pally) while I healed both OTs. Then I assigned the other 4 healers a raid icon and tried to catch the 5th myself (which at times seems very dangerous). So far, we seem to lose 2-3 people right after P3 begins, things stabilize, but then we get too many adds due to lost dps. I know some guilds use 7 healers for the encounter but I don't think we have the dps to do that since we use 3 tanks. Just wondering if there might be a better assignment I'm not considering.

We use two disc priests, a resto druid, a paladin (beacon'd on tank), and a shaman for PC heals, and then another shaman and paladin for tanks (paladin on off-tanks, beaconed on MT, Shaman fulltime on MT). So, basically, a healer for each PC target. I'd like to drop a healer off by having one of the discs handle two, but we've had problems with that in the past.
Belloc

Postby Boèndal » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:10 am

Solar wrote:Our healing comp is typically 2 holy pally, 2 disc priests, 1 resto shaman, 1 resto druid. This past week I tried assigning a disc priest to the MT with a beacon from me (holy pally) while I healed both OTs. Then I assigned the other 4 healers a raid icon and tried to catch the 5th myself (which at times seems very dangerous). So far, we seem to lose 2-3 people right after P3 begins, things stabilize, but then we get too many adds due to lost dps. I know some guilds use 7 healers for the encounter but I don't think we have the dps to do that since we use 3 tanks. Just wondering if there might be a better assignment I'm not considering.

We usually run just the same healing comp. PC is handled by the 2 disc priests (2 each) and our resto druid who is specced and glyphed for HT. The 2 holy paladins and the resto shaman are on tank healing duty ocasionally throwing heals into the raid.

Healing against leeching swarm is handled by shadow priests and the resto shamans healing stream totem = 3 groups of preferably ranged DDs and healers. Melees are held up by JoL, LotP, Blood Presence, Divine Storm and ocasional Wild Growth Ticks.

The first two PC applications in p3 our holy paladins use Aura Mastery against Frost followed by raidbubble for the third application. After raidbubble everyone is advised to use a frost protection potion if he/she receives PC and is not able to support healers or get rid of it (AMS, Frost Ward, Ice Block, Bubble, Cloak of Shadows etc). There is always some kind of Nature and Frost Resistance Totem/Aura up in p3.
Boèndal

Postby Meloree » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 pm

If it helps, we run 2 paladins (FoL spec/geared), 1 shaman, 1 disc, 2 rdruids.

One Rdruid uses rank 10 rejuv on groups 3, 5, and the 2 non-tanks in G1. G2 and G4 have a dps shaman and/or shadow priest. One Rdruid has one PC, and helps out with miscellaneous hots on tanks otherwise. The Disc and the Shaman both have 2 PC targets to heal, and use any spare time to keep inspiration up on the MT. The paladins both beacon the MT, keep FoL heals rolling on all 3 tanks (2 FoL heals per tank... hax), HS a PC target on the first tick, and otherwise FoL/HL their add tank as appropriate.

In retrospect, it's probably not totally optimal, it's what we fell into, and with cloaks on the line, it's really tough to make strat changes when this one works for us.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:53 am

Meloree wrote:If it helps, we run 2 paladins (FoL spec/geared), 1 shaman, 1 disc, 2 rdruids.

One Rdruid uses rank 10 rejuv on groups 3, 5, and the 2 non-tanks in G1. G2 and G4 have a dps shaman and/or shadow priest. One Rdruid has one PC, and helps out with miscellaneous hots on tanks otherwise. The Disc and the Shaman both have 2 PC targets to heal, and use any spare time to keep inspiration up on the MT. The paladins both beacon the MT, keep FoL heals rolling on all 3 tanks (2 FoL heals per tank... hax), HS a PC target on the first tick, and otherwise FoL/HL their add tank as appropriate.

In retrospect, it's probably not totally optimal, it's what we fell into, and with cloaks on the line, it's really tough to make strat changes when this one works for us.

Hmm your strategy for keeping up groups is interesting, we just use JoL for the melee groups and Healing stream OR Vamp embrace, nothing else.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Niinbob » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:08 am

Yeah we let JoL/LotP keep G1 and G2 up, they are all melee dps/tanks and maybe a hunter (if a hunter is there they can't AoE). G3 has 2 dps shamans in it, 1 dps shaman totem doesn't heal for enough. G4 has a Spriest specced into Imp VE and the Spriest dosen't AE so his VE will constantly heal. G5 has a resto shaman totem. Our rdruid uses a down ranked (I don't remember what rank) Wild Growth and our hpriest uses a down ranked CoH when they have a spare GCD just to make sure every is getting a little healing. I think we overheal a little but I guess that is better then letting people die, and we have never hit the enrage (we either kill him or someone dies to something else prior to enrage).
Niinbob

Postby Meloree » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:35 am

Aubade wrote:
Meloree wrote:In retrospect, it's probably not totally optimal, it's what we fell into, and with cloaks on the line, it's really tough to make strat changes when this one works for us.

Hmm your strategy for keeping up groups is interesting, we just use JoL for the melee groups and Healing stream OR Vamp embrace, nothing else.

We had people dying to LS on a regular basis. Just JoL/LotP never seemed to be sufficient, even for the rogues.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon