Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Anub'arak

Postby Fluoxie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:31 am

Is it wise to use Seal of command when i'm tanking the adds ?
Fluoxie

Postby Belloc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Fluoxie wrote:Is it wise to use Seal of command when i'm tanking the adds ?

Solo tanking = you definitely should (plus reckoning!).
Belloc

Postby Fluoxie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Belloc wrote:
Fluoxie wrote:Is it wise to use Seal of command when i'm tanking the adds ?

Solo tanking = you definitely should (plus reckoning!).

Ah yes forgot to mention i'm solo tanking the adds. Well then i'll try it out tonight if we reach Anub.
Fluoxie

Postby Treck » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:25 pm

So, we got the kicking sorted (95% of the time atleast)
Still going with 1 addtank, tried the 2addtank but didnt manage before a 3rd burrow, so went back to 1tank.
But, am i taking WAY to much dmg?
This is the logg from last raid. Im spiking at over 20k damage taken per sec.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ndwzt9kpnw13ehcm
And we tried the 2addtank strat but didnt work out that well, the kicking got caotic and the other tank had trouble placing them right so felt behind on dps a lot (having a top dpser go tank didnt help eather).
Also having slight pickup problem with the adds, both healingaggro and aoeaggro before the mobs hit me, usually HoR one and taunt the other 3 to get aggro, just that someone has overaggroed after those 3 sec when the adds stop focusing on me. Or shall i start running and pick them up before i bring them to the boss?
Then P3 with healers messing up what to heal, ppl die from penetrating since the healers mix targets up, and sometimes they die from swarm since healingstream isnt good enough. We have some marking Addon for penetrating cold, that sometimes marks 2-4ppl giving a bit of confusion but like some ppl die from time to time :S
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:24 pm

if you're single tanking, having misdirects/tricks for the add spawns is probably advisable. Especially with the healing tank healers put out in p3, pickups on your own are pretty risky at least in our experience
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aubade » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:37 pm

fafhrd wrote:if you're single tanking, having misdirects/tricks for the add spawns is probably advisable. Especially with the healing tank healers put out in p3, pickups on your own are pretty risky at least in our experience

If you have a paladin tanking I suggest glyph of RD for the first few kills, I used it for all attempts + Kills that we solo-tanked.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Serv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:04 am

we now did the second evening on Anub. All in all we got 6h of praacticing this encounter. It took us some time to get our casuals (yes 3/4th of our raid ist just that) to know how tu kite Anub in the submerge phase but we finally got the raid to reach phase 3 with quiet a buffer to e third submerge. Hell we even managed to even use only one permafrost per submerge phase du to have some people with springt abilities been kited.

But phase 3 kicks our asses. I won't say our healers perfectly managed to handle the penetrating cold debuff, but they are starting to cope with it. But we have a huuuuuuge lack of dps. I told everyone who doesn't need HP to do a cancelaura Fortitude/Commanding shout macro. Me as the Anub Tank even switched from 2 Stamina trinkets to Greatness/Fury of the five flights. But Anub just keeps healing himself to above 30%

I guess it came down to a lack of Windfury and some Meleebuffs. Although we had a very strong caster setup - but as i said in the opening: casuals. Our caster suck like hell, except for 3 players.

Can someone of you provide me with a bunch of kill logs, so i can just compare some bare dps numbers in it and therefore have some prove when stating in our boards: "you def. suck!"
Thanks to LAVE for the sig

www.rent-a-tank.net ...:::... www.nil-gilde.net
Serv

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 am

Aubade wrote:
fafhrd wrote:if you're single tanking, having misdirects/tricks for the add spawns is probably advisable. Especially with the healing tank healers put out in p3, pickups on your own are pretty risky at least in our experience

If you have a paladin tanking I suggest glyph of RD for the first few kills, I used it for all attempts + Kills that we solo-tanked.

Actually RD glyph should be used regardless of the strategy used. It's just excellent to have a 100% reliable pickup (adds are lvl 82, thus only 7% miss)

To the above: In the first seconds of 3, anub WILL heal himself by a good 3-4%. We stopped buffing fortitude and commanding shout, and tanks aren't using Stoneblood flasks nor stam trinkets. The HP drain will become much less noticeable once all the raid is at sub 2k HP.

Oh and, kill logs:
Kill 1: http://www.clan-fwd.com/sws/sws-anubara ... index.html
Kill 2: http://www.clan-fwd.com/sws/sws-anubara ... index.html
Kill 3 (mad skill o yea): http://www.clan-fwd.com/sws/sws-anubara ... index.html
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Serv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:02 am

Thanks worldie.
He actually didn't heal himself for 3 or 4% of his health. He starved at around 30.8 and 31% of his health and when the first 3 or 4 people died and the rest went below 10% health he started to fall down to 25% which was our best attempt i think.

Just by overlooking your logs, i think our raid dps is really low compared to yours last night. Most of our DPS was 2k below your average.

Serv

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 am

Comparing DPS of your non-kill attempts to the DPS of other people's kill attempts isn't going to tell as much as how much Anub was healing himself for. Since you're saying he was pretty much keeping himself at 30% you likely had a combination of:

a. healers keeping the raid too high - when p3 starts everyone who doesn't have pc should pretty much be allowed to drop to 600-1200 hp - 10% hp is too much for most people. http://gcbirzan.appspot.com/leech is a neat little calculator to help you figure out how low you need to make raid healing. Also make sure NR aura is up and covering everyone (the range on it sucks, make sure it really is covering everyone).

b. people were killing adds until you wiped. Anub will generally gain health in p3 while adds are up and being aoe'd down. If you were killing adds most of the time till you wiped, it's not surprising his health didn't drop much or at all.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Serv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am

I don't know how much time there is supposed to be between the add waves in p3. I've only seen the video of Forlorn Legacy, where constantly adds were spawning, without more then 5 seconds inbetween.

But, take one thing for granted: our caster-dps just sucks, compared to our melee dps. we realized this once more yesterday, where we didn'T had windfury and 10% ap buff. We knew it was far away from a optimal setup, but we didn't want to waste another raid evening.

So if you want: this is the yesterdays report. Feel free to point on every mistake you find.

Serv

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:35 am

Add waves are always every 45 seconds IIRC. Seems to synch up perfectly with trinket ICDs usually.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Serv » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Oh i dind't posted that so clearly as i wanted. With between to addwaves i meant: "wave x is down. [time in between], wave x+1 ist fully under control of the designated tank.

We don't have any time in between two waves. If someone fcuks up anything (i.e aggro) there will be one add alive, when the next wave arrives.

/edit: since bossmods mark debuffed players with symbols; is there a way to instant target a friendly player who has the symbol 'red X' on it through a macro? Since the bossmods just look for debuff and apply symbols it should work vice versa, or not?

Serv

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:28 pm

You can't target mobs according to which ones are marked. If a mod is marking your raid members though you should be able to make a mod that targets people based on the mark they have either by:
- cycling through the raid and finding the person with the mark you want
or
- figuring out what order the mod marks people (most likely based on the order in which PC shows up in the combat log) and targetting the person according to that (so if the mod always puts a square on the 3rd person, and you want to target squares, your 2nd mod would figure out who received PC 3rd in the log, and target that person). This is kinda ass backwards though and reliant on your log receiving near simultaneous events in the same order as the mark's log, so the first option would be simpler (and more generally useful).

Both option rely on a mod (instead of a macro) being able to target a player during combat though, I'm not sure if that's allowed at all.

If it is, the first option would probably be useful in quite a few situations actually, someone may have written such a mod already.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 pm

It isn't possible to target something from his mark via addon nor macro. You have to target manually. Interface targetting has been removed in patch 1.7 i believe.

Secondary, i don't know how much it can help you, but on this video
http://www.filefront.com/14797989/Anub_ ... final.wmv/
our filming warlock actually had Anub targetted the whole time, so you can have an idea of how quick his HP should drop.
It also was our slowest kill, our latest kills have been up to 30 seconds quicker than that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon