<3
Levantine

Re: [Faction Champions] A guide to this encounter

Postby fafhrd » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:24 am

Worldie wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Try it on heroic?

Heroic has not changed sadly, it's still terribly boring

Normal has become a faceroll. I managed to not die on my shadowpriest on my first time as clothie on it \o/

But it really really became a faceroll on normal :D Did it on alt warrior the other day, the other warrior and I just vigilanced each other for the constant taunt cooldown refreshes, and just spammed taunts on 2 targets each. That was 4 targets guaranteed to be glued to us the entire fight. We had other CC assigned too, but there was pretty much no need at all if you have 2 or more prot warriors. Hell we could do 3 targets each, the only tricky part is remembering which ones are yours.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Ocin » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:18 am

I've been doing this as ret and enjoying it, though on our last kill my DPS was only 3k.

I'm trying to get our attempts on normal 10 and 25 to use less and less taunts so we won't be relying on them in heroic. It's kind of a drag to not be able to you able to use Consecrate and Divine Storm though. I held off on using AoE for the first part of the fight, but after a while I just started working them into my rotation, especially after the first healer went down.

What's everyone that's gone ret for this fight experience been like? Any tips?
Ocin

Postby Avengeance » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Very boring - u cant use divine storm or consec incase it breaks CCs so you are down to judge, exor and CS and just run around following the nuke target.

I do use Divine Sac on every CD with/without bubble tho in heroic 25 and repentance a caster on every CD. I end up spending half the time dispelling people from Fears anyway because dropping DS and consec makes u kinda crap DPS.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:39 am

Honestly even as ret i pass most of the time spamming Cleanse and Repentancing / Stunning melees chasing clothies. I DPS only for the first 20 seconds of AW + bloodlust basically.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Auroris » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:02 am

Worldie wrote:Honestly even as ret i pass most of the time spamming Cleanse and Repentancing / Stunning melees chasing clothies. I DPS only for the first 20 seconds of AW + bloodlust basically.

^
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:12 am

Pfft, don't even try saying "ret is boring on this fight" till you've tried it as fury.

6-20 minutes of "bloodthirst, slam if procced" is really really boring.

At least fury warriors can go prot though :D
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

I've tried it as arms in heroic 10, it's quite boring indeed :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 am

Eh, I'd imagine arms isn't at all bad compared to fury - arms you can still do everything you normally do other than bladestorm, which is a long cooldown. Fury you can't WW which you'd normally do every 8s as your highest damage attack. So you just bloodthirst while holding down the heroic strike button. Occasionally you get a bloodsurge proc, but even those are limited since you're not WWing to proc them.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby daemonym » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:49 pm

ok i searched a bit through this thread and didn't find an answer so i'm asking. pvp gear: any help? i know the crit suppression works in pve, but do the champs have the standard 5.6% chance? also the base damage reduction from resil, since the tool tip states '...damage from players' i assume this does not apply here? i can maintain quite high stats as ret with remaining uncrit from resilience, my question is if it's worth it. thoughts?

and fwiw, ret is hella fun here. if you're bored, you're not doing something you need to be doing. cleanse people, cleanse! raid wall! repent, OP belf racial silence! you should -always- be doing something, that's the point of ret, clear the path so the mages and arms warriors can clean house.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:46 am

Yes they got the standard 5.6% crit chances, but melee crits are hardly what kills people.

You will absolutely want to wear PvP trinkets, expecially Wintergrasp ones since they don't gimp your offensive stats (remind the fight is still about DPS). The main utility of this is being able to get rid of a nasty CC at the wrong moment (usually stun/root close to a very angry melee).

PvP gear itself is not that useful since it nerfs your DPS and doesn't reduce the damage you take, but however people on key roles (CCers, interrupters) can wear it since it grants additional HP = less chance to be oneshotted. This is generally true for Clothies and leathers. Mails and Plates usually will already have enough survivabilty. I mean, as ret i hardly die.

Well, last time i got Deathgripped on top of hellfiring lock and bladestorming warrior with bubble on CD, but i don't think that wearing PvP gear would have helped me there :P

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:54 am

Remember that specials in PvE cant crit, only NPC's auto-attacks. So for example the hunter's auto-shots have a 5.6% chance to crit you, but if he hits you with Steady Shot it cannot crit.

Thus, resil is of extremely minor benefit.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby daemonym » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:34 pm

Joanadark wrote:Remember that specials in PvE cant crit, only NPC's auto-attacks.

ahhh, i did not know that. so ya, unless you're sitting at 15k health pvp gear isn't really necessary.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Xequecal » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 pm

Anyone have any advice for beating the "impossible" comp on heroic? We've beaten this several times on heroic but we've never gotten the ret Paladin before and he makes this fight ridiculous. Their comp is discpriest/shaman/druid healers, DK/ret/Warrior/Rogue for melee, and Hunter/Mage/SP for ranged. With three dispellers on their side CC simply doesn't take at all, and with priest/druid healers you can't go on DPS first as these healers can't both be locked down.

The Ret Paladin is absolutely uncontrollable, 90% of our deaths are to him, the other melee you can just sit on a frost trap and kite around but he freedoms and runs up to someone and slaughters them in 0.25 seconds, then even when snared he uses his 20 yard stun and then just walks up and /slaughter. Then Repentance someone else, repeat. We tried focusing him down first but this is even more futile, he just turns to a rogue or feral druid DPSing him and 0.5 second /slaughter.

As a healer I feel completely worthless. Nobody takes healable damage, I might as well not be there. One after another the raid explodes in a quarter of a second. I put beacon on cloth targets and even with heroism up and spamming Holy Light they don't stay up, despite an HL every 0.75 seconds hitting them they still fucking die. Every 30 seconds their DK death grips someone and they explode in half a second. This fight is utterly unreasonable with that much burst melee, our feral druid has a combat log of him going full HP to zero in bear form in 0.07 seconds.
Xequecal

Postby jaeldech » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 am

I've heard that disarming the ret paladin works well. I've only ever been up against it once, and we didn't have anyone with the brains to disarm, so I dunno from personal experience.
jaeldech
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon