Remove Advertisements

[Faction Champions] A guide to this encounter

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [Faction Champions] A guide to this encounter

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:02 am

culhag wrote:
OP wrote:- Cleanse: This is your best friend: no matter what's your spec, defensive dispelling is a very important part of this fight. As long as there arent Unstable Affliction going on (in that case dispel = oneshot), removing DoTs from people is very important.
You should remove that Unstable Affliction part.
It hits for like 10k when you dispell it, so it's really not a problem. I'd say that as a prot pally you should take care of the UAs.

You are right, I did change it, and actually fixed a bit the behavious and skill used comments for most of the classes.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby maurok » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I tested it this monday, but my healers have some trouble keeping me low health >< ... I analyzed the log from the fight carefully and during the brief time I was below ~60% Health they were really all hitting at me.

once defined that this strategy works just fine (huuray! =D), how do you execute it? the tank should take the mobs far from the rest of the raid? should I keep kiting them or tank on the same spot? would a disc priest would be a more effient healer for tank heal?

I'd be happy to hear your insights =]
maurok

Postby Koatanga » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 am

Here's the visual evidence that they really, really love me, You'll notice the mage has just changed targets (slow on the schreen shot) but you can see form the damage taken in Recount that they gave me much love all fight.

Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Noliquin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:34 am

So my guild (I newer guild) has yet really been into ToGC... Due to Blizard's everyone gets to see current content badges we were able to skip pretty much all of ToC and are now 10/12 ICC (10 man guild). However, we want to be able to say we "did" ToGC, yes it's old content.

So we have a lock out with 41 attempts left and are stuck on faction champions...

This is what they have:
Resto Druid
Resto Shammy
Spriest
Warrior
Ret Pally
Warlock

This is what we have:
Prot pally
Holy pally
Ret pally
Resto Shammy
Holy/disc priest
Mage
Lock
Rogue
Warrior
Hunter

Here is how I think we should be able to do this...
Rogue - Stun lock the Shammy
Lock - Chain banish/fear Resto Druid
EVERYONE else NUKE lock...

Does a Nuking strat work now? or do you still need heavy CC? What I'm seeing is we are spending all our time trying to CC everything not doing any DPS and things are dieing. IF we can nuke down the clothies before they can kill ours aint that good enough?

Your thoughts.
Noliquin

Postby Wrathy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 am

The first thing you should kill is the shaman. The lock should be completely harmless with three paladins in the raid, your paladins can cleanse off 90% of his damage, let me run free. Back when my guild was doing it, we had very specific kill orders, now this was based off of class composition and the skill of our players but it worked well.

I would go Shaman, Warrior, Ret, Priest, Lock, Druid.

Your CC Should Look Like this:
Rogue on Shaman for interrupts / wound poision
Lock on Druid
Mage/Lock on Ret Pally

Let the other two run free, and cleanse the raid constantly.

The fight becomes much easier with an interrupter and a healing debuf (MS, WP, AiS) on the focus target. All dps who is not responsible for CC should be 100% of the time on the focus target. Stomp totems immediately and get a Mass Dispel on Bloodlust/Heroism ASAP.

The comp you have is one of the more forgiving for your set up because half the damage output is dispellable.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Fanazavana » Wed May 26, 2010 10:58 am

In short, this fight is a prime example of "Bring the class, not the player." If you don't have certain abilities available, and certain enemy NPC's spawn, you're screwed.

Die in a fire, indeed.
Fanazavana

Postby Belloc » Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Fanazavana wrote:In short, this fight is a prime example of "Bring the class, not the player." If you don't have certain abilities available, and certain enemy NPC's spawn, you're screwed.

Die in a fire, indeed.

Not at all.

The entirety of this fight is about running away from the melee mobs. If they can't hit anyone, no one will die.
Belloc

Postby Fanazavana » Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Belloc wrote:Not at all.

The entirety of this fight is about running away from the melee mobs. If they can't hit anyone, no one will die.

Ah, well, thank you for giving me the secret to this fight. I've been reading pages and pages of recommendations and strategies for absolutely nothing! Boy, I feel like an idiot.
Fanazavana

Postby Treck » Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Honestly i feel this fight is a lot more about bring the player not the class, than the other way around.
If i could choose one class to always have with me, would prolly be a DK for grips and chains, other than that i dont see other classes beeing that "important".
Treck

Postby Belloc » Thu May 27, 2010 11:42 am

Treck wrote:Honestly i feel this fight is a lot more about bring the player not the class, than the other way around.
If i could choose one class to always have with me, would prolly be a DK for grips and chains, other than that i dont see other classes beeing that "important".

Exactly -- good players will survive this fight, regardless of class. As long as you bring a balanced group, you've got all your bases covered. One priest for mass dispels is not too much to ask for, one warlock for potential druid CC is not too much to ask for (and not required in the first place), a couple melee dps to interrupt is, once again, not too much to ask (and, once again, not required).

This fight simply requires players that can react to the things going off around them. Warlock hellfiring right next to you? Get out of there or interrupt/stun it. Melee mobs chasing a low health player? Don't be near them in the first place, that's why they're marked.

This fight is the ultimate in allowing for varied strategies. Every group can find something that works for them. And, above all else, staying away from the melee mobs is a guaranteed way of surviving.
Belloc

Postby Shoju » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Actually with a Warlock in the opposing party, your first job is to kill the felhound. He sucks. beat it, and beat it like it owes you money.
Shoju

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 pm

Shoju wrote:Actually with a Warlock in the opposing party, your first job is to kill the felhound. He sucks. beat it, and beat it like it owes you money.

As a tank, I usually keep it on me. I mean, what else am I going to do?

(and, yeah, I know that we can be on cleanse duty, or keeping our health low... but it's not hard to do it all on this fight)
Belloc

Previous

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon