[25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Postby ydraw » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:56 am

Keeping a fight as simple as possible is the mark of a good raid leader.

A more complicated strategy that requires more explanation and more skill on the part of your players for the same result is usually wrong.

KISS is a well-used acronym for a reason, it applies to everything from WoW guilds to football coaches to Military leaders.
ydraw

Postby Iliria » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:14 pm

Quick question..whats the expected damage taken per second from the vortexes when you're popping aura mastery?
Iliria

Postby Wrathy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 am

According to a few of our parses, the combination of Aura Mastery and DS/DG places the average hit at 5.5k a pulse.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby kanst » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:29 am

Iliria wrote:Quick question..whats the expected damage taken per second from the vortexes when you're popping aura mastery?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/tq7s ... 412&e=6687

With Divine Sac and an Aura Mastery our raid was spiking to about 66-67k DTPS
kanst

Postby alannia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Worldie wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Hm, can pets pop orbs? My pets would take like no damage from them if they count as AoE...

I'd think they cannot since one of our locks spends all the time popping orbs and leaves the imp on "autoattacking" and the orbs seemb to pass on top of him without doing anything..

Just wondering if any hunters or warlocks are able to confirm that pets can't absorb orbs? It would be interesting if they did.
alannia

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:41 pm

alannia wrote:
Worldie wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Hm, can pets pop orbs? My pets would take like no damage from them if they count as AoE...

I'd think they cannot since one of our locks spends all the time popping orbs and leaves the imp on "autoattacking" and the orbs seemb to pass on top of him without doing anything..

Just wondering if any hunters or warlocks are able to confirm that pets can't absorb orbs? It would be interesting if they did.

They do not, else you could build a box out of pets.

Which is a shame, because that would be utterly hilarious.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:58 am

Yeah I checked the week after that on 25 Normal, pet running around with eyes of the beast didn't pop anything.

Since I'm posting anyway, we took the bit of RNG ("wtf how did we fail to break that black shield with all cooldowns up, one of you dumbasses forgot to switch didn't you?") out of our "everyone goes black and never switches colors" strat by having the 2-3 rogues and 3 hunters all stay white the whole fight, while everyone else stays black the whole fight. We still have no one move or switch colors, healers still heal insane amounts during every light vortex, but rogues and hunters all just go immune to damage during every dark vortex, and both shields are trivial to break even with most of the raid the wrong color for dark shields.

Funnily enough, although this makes twins reliably oneshottable, since we started doing it this way we started also wiping to FC and Jaraxus, which up till now had been consistent 1 shots every week :/ I predict that the week we one shot Anub will be a week we somehow wipe 5 times to Beasts or something.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

fafhrd wrote:out of our "everyone goes black and never switches colors" strat by having the 2-3 rogues and 3 hunters all stay white the whole fight, while everyone else stays black the whole fight.

We tried this once and failed miserably -- things are much smoother with everyone attuned black except two hunters, who are attuned white. There was just too much orb damage to the minority color. How do you deal with that?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:23 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
fafhrd wrote:out of our "everyone goes black and never switches colors" strat by having the 2-3 rogues and 3 hunters all stay white the whole fight, while everyone else stays black the whole fight.

We tried this once and failed miserably -- things are much smoother with everyone attuned black except two hunters, who are attuned white. There was just too much orb damage to the minority color. How do you deal with that?

The tanks, catchers and walls are shielding the raid from pretty much all orbs, so the only orb damage is the occasional splash on melee near the tanks, or orbs that literally spawn on top of the raid - so orb damage to the minority color is pretty much the same as orb damage on the majority.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

fafhrd wrote:The tanks, catchers and walls are shielding the raid from pretty much all orbs, so the only orb damage is the occasional splash on melee near the tanks, or orbs that literally spawn on top of the raid - so orb damage to the minority color is pretty much the same as orb damage on the majority.

Ah, I see. I tank both angels, so we try to feed the raid as many black balls as possible.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby trellian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:14 am

small hint:
you can actually see all the orb spawnpoint on the arena. just run allong the wall and do a
/target V

The Bullit points will show where the spawnpoints are. Unfortunately they are friendly ;)
trellian

Postby guillex » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:49 am

trellian wrote:small hint:
you can actually see all the orb spawnpoint on the arena. just run allong the wall and do a
/target V

The Bullit points will show where the spawnpoints are. Unfortunately they are friendly ;)

If you set your maxcameradistance to 50, and zoom out pretty much all the way, you can see the spawnpoints also. They sit on the wall for a second before popping off.

Makes it easier to soak, too, as you have a moment to get your bearings before playing soccer.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dicedagon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:16 pm

I have a question for guilds that tank both bosses on top of each other in the in the middle of the room? Do you have tanks swap attunement or just eat the vortex damage?
Dicedagon

Postby fafhrd » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:04 pm

No >.>

Not sure what the benefit of tanks swapping colors for vortices ever is actually. Assuming your the opposite color from your mob so your threat isn't terrible, you'll only get a damaging vortex when your own mob is casting it. I'm fairly sure this means you're not taking melee damage while the vortex is being channeled, so healing requirements if anything go down.

Hate when my alt goes to a run where the tanks run around with the mobs during vortices, wastes so much DPS (I don't if I'm tanking, and I'm far from being well geared to tank it, still never gotten low during one).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 am

The most a tank should ever do during a vortex is blow a survival cooldown... but honestly, that shouldn't even be necessary.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon