Remove Advertisements

[25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25 Heroic] Twin Valkyr

Postby Joanadark » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:32 pm

Recount can estimate absorbtion. Its only an estimation though.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Auroris » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Music for the video, brekkie.
"Someday the Glory will Fade and only Memories will remain."
Auroris

Postby Auroris » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:13 am

Brekkie, I will CUT you, if you do not give me that song name. >-> And I will annoy the hell out of Awbade.

As for this... Meh. We used the door strat, cheesy, but it works hell of a good. We got them to 74%, dark shield, healed to 100%. Got lucky for the next few. White shield, white vortex(Aura mastery), dark vortex(lawl heal da useless hunters, and other tank.) white vortex, white shield at 18%. Heroism, down. Killed sometime after the 5th power.
Auroris

Postby Joanadark » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 pm

door strat?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Kishandra » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:34 pm

Everyone picks one color (except for hunters), then stack on top of each other in the doorway that you zone in. Tanks are standing on the only entrance that reaches the group, so the group never has to move nor will ever get hit by any orbs (best of luck, hunters.)

Use raid sacs, aura masteries to heal through the vortex of the opposite color, and pray you get lucky with heals.
Kishandra

Postby Avengeance » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:51 am

We tried that strat too and modified it a bit - we use locks and mages to switch colour for the black shield (teleport/blink). If the blackshield is first, we ignore it and just let it heal, for the subsequent possible blackshields the guys pre-switch 5-10 secs early and we pre-nuke the black mob so as soon as the shield comes we have 100% DPS up time. It's still very close to knock the shield even with bloodlust, a lot of RNG is involved.

We killed it last night even tho first heal went off at around 73% and healed them fully, they died just after the 5th cast.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Joanadark » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:34 am

We used different soakers this week and it seemed to work out exceptionally well.
Instead of the two mages soaking for ranged, we used our two shadow priests who both glyphed for Dispersion. Shadowform allowed them to have better survivability in general, and they could dispersion for every big orbs spawn and just mindlessly pop most of the orbs in their sector without fear.
Instead of our usual holy priest wearing stam-gemmed PvP gear soaking for the melee, we used a feral druid in tank gear, which also worked out extremely well. Ferals take 30% less damage from AOE, which orbs count as, have a 45% natural increased run speed in cat, which combined with the sprint buff you constantly get as a soaker along with dash allowed him to cover a massive area and be extremely effective.
Joanadark

Postby Auroris » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:41 am

WHERE IS MY PM!?
Auroris

Postby Avengeance » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:33 am

Doesnt shadowform only reduce physical dmg?

We use 2 tanks to soak - prot pala + feral or prot war, while doing the door strat, while I solo tank both twins. The door strat's advantage is the whole raid is piled up in 1 spot so the soaking area needed is very small, that only 1 to 2 soakers is enough to cover them.
Avengeance

Postby fafhrd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:58 am

Hm, can pets pop orbs? My pets would take like no damage from them if they count as AoE...
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:20 pm

Doesnt shadowform only reduce physical dmg?

We use 2 tanks to soak - prot pala + feral or prot war, while doing the door strat, while I solo tank both twins. The door strat's advantage is the whole raid is piled up in 1 spot so the soaking area needed is very small, that only 1 to 2 soakers is enough to cover them.

We use the entire room and only have 3 soakers. You'll never get a tribute by wasting attempts on a strat so RNG as the door strat.

Hm, can pets pop orbs? My pets would take like no damage from them if they count as AoE...

Im pretty sure they can, but do you really want to spend the whole fight in eyes of the beast?
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:17 pm

fafhrd wrote:Hm, can pets pop orbs? My pets would take like no damage from them if they count as AoE...

I'd think they cannot since one of our locks spends all the time popping orbs and leaves the imp on "autoattacking" and the orbs seemb to pass on top of him without doing anything...

If anyone gets to test this would be quite amusing, we could place a imp between me and the other tank and definitively block any ball that gets from that corner.

p.s. stupid question, with the door strat how do you handle when you get vortex of the opposite colour Oo
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Avengeance » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:00 pm

It's not as RNG as you think, after practice we managed to control the blackshield quite well. The best scenario is actually getting blackshield on first spell, we just ignore it all together and let it heal then catch up on the DPS with personal cooldowns. But even when it aint, everytime before a posssible blackshield, we get our mages and locks to switch colour and pre-nuke the black.

The hard part comes if the 5th spell is a blackshield - you may or may not have bloodlust for it, but personal cooldowns should be ready. And he'd be dead before the 6th so... the worst RNG u can get is like getting a blackshield on 4th and 5th. It gets easier and easier by outgearing it so... it reduces the RNG wipes by a lot every week. I find this method less prune to stupidity wipes - with tradional methods you have to rely on a few awake players to do their job properly - with this you just need 2 pala healers to click their CDs on time and DPS to not slack.

With opposite colour AOE, we blow DG + Fire aura Aura mastery, if people get low they use health stones, plus spam heal, it's pretty safe
Avengeance

Postby Worldie » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 pm

I see, still seembs totally RNG, i'd not want to use that one. Normal strategy works perfectly as long as people aren't braindead.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Avengeance wrote:Doesnt shadowform only reduce physical dmg?

Shadowform damage reduction applies to all damage: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=15473
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon