[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak

Postby Threatco » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:11 am

Put the druid on the boss and put the paladin in a block set on adds. Adds 2 at a time you won't take very much damage.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:27 am

Hurlrage wrote:Any tips to taunt the adds running to your dps/heal with the boss between you and them ?

Check the annotated youtube vid I put up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPrPi41hQbw

The key is to keep Anub in the north, with an ice patch between the healers and the spawn points, as amh has diagrammed above.

The one thing I will change next time is to have the entire raid on the other side of ice, so incidental AoE while adds are pathing through the raid won't result in an add eating a dps.

As soon as the adds hit the ice they'll slow to a crawl, which will make pickup trivial.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Huma wrote:btw, what was ur dps setup with that 35 % at the first burrow ? it will make the fight very easy if the burrow can be avoided.

Unfortunately my guild mates have informed me that I'm a 'tard and the 35% run was on normal, not heroic - we do them back to back, so apparently I was remembering the wrong one.

The DPS setup was rogue/lock/hunter/spriest/dk/mage, with pally/tree healing and warrior/pally tanking. The dps buffs that were missing were 3% haste, 3% damage, 20% melee haste, 5% crit (both melee and ranged versions), and trauma/mangle.

If you're interested in trying for a no burrow kill though, some people did get them on heroic 10 the first week, there's a link somewhere in these forums to a youtube video.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Wrathy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Yeah on normal we BL/Hero on the pull and always get him to sub 30% prior to the burrow. If you have the dps to farm the Heroic encounter, you should have the dps to get him below 30% before burrow.
Dakiros wrote:Hear that sound? Its Wrathy breaking Wowhead and Wordpress while he quickly comes up with the Rival set.

Avenging Wrathy - A Protection Paladin Blog
Wrathy's Guide to Gear Sets

Wrathy
Maintankadonor

Postby Huma » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:29 am

fafhrd wrote:
Huma wrote:btw, what was ur dps setup with that 35 % at the first burrow ? it will make the fight very easy if the burrow can be avoided.

Unfortunately my guild mates have informed me that I'm a 'tard and the 35% run was on normal, not heroic - we do them back to back, so apparently I was remembering the wrong one.

The DPS setup was rogue/lock/hunter/spriest/dk/mage, with pally/tree healing and warrior/pally tanking. The dps buffs that were missing were 3% haste, 3% damage, 20% melee haste, 5% crit (both melee and ranged versions), and trauma/mangle.

If you're interested in trying for a no burrow kill though, some people did get them on heroic 10 the first week, there's a link somewhere in these forums to a youtube video.

We managed to get him last night with 46 attempts left, we wiped at first attempt at 15 % couse i missed an interrupt but still feels great, 5th on server as well. i thought the cloak will drop as atlasloot suggests but it seems cloak is 50 attempts ?

we just did everything in a perfect way, if only paladins could have an off cd interrupt, i would be here braggin about server first immortility achievemnt. boss was at 55 percent before the burrow, used 4 pathces and left 2 up for second phase to get an easier add and boss tankin position.
Huma

[10] Anub'arak

Postby Rinuk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:50 am

I was looking through the logs from our last ToC10 and noticed a low up-time on holy shield. I only had it up for 69-75% of the time. I started thinking that between the burrowed phases and freezing slashes that would account for it but it still seemed awfully low up-time. What seems to be the normal up-time on that fight on average?

Thanks for you help,
Rinuk
Rinuk

Postby Epimer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 am

The couple of logs I still have for this (albeit on normal) have me at around 72ish% uptime on Holy Shield. That's out of two fights where I was actually on the boss; I normally assign myself to adds.
Epimer

Postby Trevize » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:23 am

I tanked the adds last night in my block set, which is very similar to the one Absalom uses. I took zero....yes zero damage. Only need around 3k BV and you will not take any dmg at all from the burrowers. Needless to say, I had to tell my healers to stop topping me off lol.

The Anub 25 thread has info on what items and whatnot to get to make that set.
Trevize

Postby lakhesis » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 am

ok, this is gonna get away from tankadin-ing & onto the fight as a whole.

what i want to know is: people who're using a 1 burrow dps strategy, do you kill one or both of the 2nd lot of adds from the 2nd above-ground phase, just prior to the leech phase?

at present, we've got a rogue & fury warrior dpsing+interrupting the adds prior to the leech phase. during the starting section they kill the first two adds, soften up the 2nd set a bit & then swap to the boss.. depending on luck/zen/whatever, we knock anub to 55-65% & melee uses the burrow phase to finish off the 2nd set of 1st-above-ground phase adds (while range takes out the termites).

post burrow, 2nd above ground phase, rogue+warrior knock out first set of adds, then swaps to anub. 2nd set of adds spawns about 10-15 seconds prior to us knocking him into leech phase, but we've been simply kiting them.

our first round of attempts were decent - we had multiple 1-2% wipes, with a wipe at 63,000hp - but basically we're getting shafted as soon the first pair of leech-phase adds spawn (bringing us to 4 adds up).

this coming week - assuming we get back to anub, which we should - we're intending to knock down 1 or both of the adds from the 2nd portion of the 2nd above-ground-pre-leech phase. is this how most other people are working this approach?

tbh, we really should've tried it last week, but we tunnel-visioned after the 63k wipe...

cheers for any advice,

Lakh.
Last edited by lakhesis on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
When society says jump, we say pass the salt.
lakh's armory
lakhesis

Postby Trevize » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 am

That really depends on the raid makeup. We usually are almost at 30% soon after he pops up so we kill the first set on our way into p3.

If we are slow and have a second set....we just continue to cleave cleave cleave in p3 to kill the second set. Every set after that, just hold them off the ice and let them burrow. If he isn't dead by that point you will probably wipe or be really really close to a kill. If you do have a lot of cleave classes, you can just continue to tank them on the ice and kill them. Healers usually start running out of mana though so you gotta make sure dps is focused on anub.

Army of the dead is amazing for those last 30 seconds to get a kill. They will take care of the burrowers for a good chunk of time while you squeeze that 100k out. When it is popped...use your bubble/aoe shield wall.
Trevize

Postby spiky_porcupine » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:47 am

Wouldn't army of the dead also taunt Anubarek off the MT and result in potential cleaves on the raid?
Spikybunny:
Level 70 Draenai Protection Paladin
Spirestone
spiky_porcupine

Postby Belloc » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:18 pm

spiky_porcupine wrote:Wouldn't army of the dead also taunt Anubarek off the MT and result in potential cleaves on the raid?

Anub doesn't cleave and Army of the Dead doesn't taunt bosses.
Belloc

Postby Trevize » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 am

Yeah it doesn't do either. They will just chain taunt the burrowers until they are all dead. It will buy you time for sure. Continue to keep an eye out for Shadowstrike when they are up so you don't lose a clothie.

I would highly recommend getting a block set together. You get full blocks on every hit from the burrowers which completely negates the damage you take. Might as well in preparation for 25H Anub anyway.
Trevize

Postby Kriskringle » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:02 am

Got our first kill last week, then had some frustrating wipes this week: 49 -> 44 attempts remaining due to p3 healer error. The healers were new to the fight and they were having trouble getting heals on Penetrating Cold targets before they went pop. What do your healers use to spot PC targets?
Kriskringle - 80 - Duskwood
Greatfather Winter is a sham.
Kriskringle

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:14 am

If they're using default blizzard raid frames the penetrating cold debuff should show up automatically. If they're using grid they can manually add the debuff, or download a plugin for grid called grid status raid debuff, and make sure it's set to show in their center icon. It'll automatically show important debuffs for current content, and you can turn off ones you really don't want to know about.
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon