Remove Advertisements

[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak p3 - adds continue to spawn?

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:29 am

Joanadark wrote:A well balanced group is capable of transitioning from p1 to p3 before a single burrow phase without using heroism and with 2 healers. 1 healing the encounter is completely unnecessary.

Is this truely possible? As i mentioned above, I believe its 70 seconds before the first submerge. DBM timer shows 1:10 and its fairly accurate. We single tanked it with a holy wrath rotation from me and the ret paladin to keep the adds damage controlled and the best we got was 44% before the first submerge. I'm not even sure if its single tankable without holy wrath rotations. The damage was pretty heavy when I got iceblocked.
Meyrinn

Postby Anorian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:37 am

We did this with 3 healers and burning hero in p3, given we are in half toc 25 gear with the rest ulduar 25 gear, but no hardmode gear from the 25 and only minimal ulduar hardmode stuff.
Anorian

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:46 am

Anorian wrote:We did this with 3 healers and burning hero in p3, given we are in half toc 25 gear with the rest ulduar 25 gear, but no hardmode gear from the 25 and only minimal ulduar hardmode stuff.

With no burrow phases?
Meyrinn

Postby Threatco » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

We got tribute to mad skill last night. (we had 46 tries left).

warrior/frost dk/ret/ele shaman/hunter/feral dps

Disc/Resto druid healer.

DK MT. Me Add tank.

1 burrow phase.

I timed it so he hit 30% just as the first pair of adds that spawn after burrow phase die. This gives me plenty of time to position the next pair of adds. I tank them OFF of ice and about 10 seconds in they bury them selves. Blood lust wears off and I pop bubble/sac. I have to cancle it early to get aggro on 2 new adds. I kite them for 4-5 seconds then the burried adds come back up. I holy wrath all 4 and run like hell. (I used my brewfest heal party/stam trinket, i think it was pretty pro). Just before the 4 adds would have reached me and had me for lunch, we got the kill.

had the shaman and the dk on interupts.

Pretty darn good kill. But no tank sword dropped :( Just a stupid agil polearm and the bow. But 4 tier tokens was a nice consolation prize.
Last edited by Threatco on Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:15 pm

I handled interrupts by myself when we got our kill. This was difficult and I won't necessarily recommend it, but it is extremely repeatable if you are a skilled player (more skilled than I am :P).

Focus one of the adds, target the other. For all phase 1s, a simple holy wrath should be all you ever need to interrupt them. They'll almost always die before another cast is attempted. If another cast is attempted, you have Hammer of Justice. I never ran out of cooldowns for interrupts in phase 1.

In phase 3, if you're not killing the adds, you better hope for the best. I used the same method as above for the first two adds, which worked fine when I actually managed my cooldowns effectively (in other words, not using holy wrath or my stun early). When the second set arrives, though, you really need to be finishing off the boss.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:48 pm

You are right. I could of done it my self, since arcane torrent works too.

But I felt I all ready had by far the most difficult job. Raid leading, calling stuff, picking up adds (which is hard because anub has a huge "click me" box, if he is between your camera and the adds even clicking their name plate won't select them). Plus the whole being chased by 4 adds near the end felt like "watch him die" heroic achieve, which means very scary.
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:45 pm

Threatco wrote:But I felt I all ready had by far the most difficult job. Raid leading, calling stuff,

Raids capable of Mad Skill rarely need things called out -- give your players some credit. This is something I fervently wish some of our officers would learn.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:54 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Threatco wrote:But I felt I all ready had by far the most difficult job. Raid leading, calling stuff,

Raids capable of Mad Skill rarely need things called out -- give your players some credit. This is something I fervently wish some of our officers would learn.

Eh, you'd be very surprised.

I'm hoping to get Mad Skill this week, but you can be damned sure that I'll be calling everything out.
Belloc

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Maybe it's just us then.

I remember many moons ago when we were having a hard time with Illidari Council. Wiped four times at sub-10% (IC being a long fight, and a long run back, this is painful). GM calling everything under the sun. His mic died and we did the 5th attempt in general silence, and did so flawlessly.

When I'm raid leading I'll give a "5 seconds until such-and-such," but they have DBM for alerts.

For something to happen, me to process, call it on vent, then account for vent lag, then the listener has to process the message -- by the time all that has happened the frigging DBM message has been up for two seconds already.

A couple weeks ago he said -- this is a direct quote:

"Lightbane is casting shield of darkness; everyone attune light if you're not already and attack her then interrupt the cast."

When he's not in the raid, I take over. I usually say:

"Hit dark."

We give him shit for being too loquacious all the time, especially when he spends more time calling a cast than the cast actually takes ... It's just his nature.

And yes, I'd be surprised if a raid that required hand holding got Mad Skill this early in the content cycle. I won't be surprised in a few weeks. I also wouldn't be surprised if excessive vent traffic reading DBM messages talking over people with really important information has caused more wipes than wins. ><
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:34 pm

we had a single pally (tank) doing the interrupts today, almost worked fine - in p3 she used her HW early to survive I think, so i took a shadow spike to the back of the head and died at 10% ish.

still got insanity, but p3 messy as ever, wtb shaman in raid.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Threatco » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:40 am

Things I call in TogC 10 Anub. It's all stuff they know but have in the past forgotten so for now I call it out.

2nd set of adds spawn "Move him off the ice"

1 add hp higher then other "Add DPS switch to the one with more hp" (1 dk)

I see no ice in the back shortly before bury "Hunter, dont forget to drop ice in the back"

Always "Don't forget to DPS the swarmers" x100

After burrow, which ever ice is easier for me to get the adds to. "Move him to this ice"

Anub is at 34% "Switch DPS onto the adds now so they die as he hits 30%"

-- Silence as I Franticly pick up the next 2 adds and get them OFF of ice --

"Adds have buried, stop healing threatco, bubble sac is up"

"AHHHHHHHH I'm Gonna DIE!!!!!"

"Whew, did my weapon drop?"
Last edited by Threatco on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Threatco

Postby fafhrd » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:55 am

I would so mute you threatco...
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Aubade » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:02 am

fafhrd wrote:I would so mute you threatco...

And people wonder why i have brekkie muted 75% of the time
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Threatco » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:07 am

I don't think I'm that bad.

People love my sexy voice. :wink:

What's bad is 25 man general easy mode "KILL THE MOTHER FUCKING MARKED SARONITE YOU GOD DAMN MOTHER FUCKERS" x20 until someone finaly does. People simply refuse to switch targets on that boss.
Threatco

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:28 am

Threatco wrote:... stuff ...
"Adds have buried, stop healing threatco, bubble sac is up"

"AHHHHHHHH I'm Gonna DIE!!!!!"

Yeaah I'd say almost none of that is necessary. Telling DPS to "kill things" strikes me as being ... unnecessary.

Also, according to logs, last night Nerubian Burrowers did 27,701 damage to me. We don't let lurkers burrow at all.

If you're needing healing (other than leeching swarm), I suspect you're doing something sub-optimal.

Also, why are you having all DPS switch off to saronite? When we did kill saronite, we had one person assigned to it. Switching targets is hell on some classes' DPS rotations.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon