Remove Advertisements

[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak p3 - adds continue to spawn?

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:52 am

It does work in 10man, but it takes about a sec or two before the actual silence comes in effect after the spell lands.
However the cast is long, and you got plently of time, and it does silence up to 3 targets.
If it works in 25man or not i dont know, might even be different from the normal 25man anub.
Atleast you can specc Stunnspecc as prot to help interrupting tho, holy wrath should do the trick aswell tho.
Treck

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:13 am

Boèndal wrote:
Had a feral druid tank the boss and I tanked the adds (although after seeing it I'm fairly certain you could single tank him + the adds).

Haven't tanked him yet (my grp is going on monday or tuesday next time) but the experience I gained on may alt (see somewhere above) lets me highly doubt this with current gear available - in terms of progression. The only pro argument would be that you only have to heal one target sub 30% (a holy paly would fix this problem^^)

The main reason for which you can't solotank him is that the adds put on you a % increase in physical damage suffered, which ends in Anub meleeing for 30k+ damage per swing, not fun.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ruull » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:50 am

The main reason for which you can't solotank him is that the adds put on you a % increase in physical damage suffered, which ends in Anub meleeing for 30k+ damage per swing, not fun.

Oh I know, I just want to try it for fun. It's totally doable but you'd have to have stun assistance on the adds to drop expose off. It's already been done by a bear anyhow so I'm sure we could do it. One guild (name escapes me) killed it with 1 tank, 1 paly healer, and 8 dps.
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby fafhrd » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 am

There were a couple kills linked on US RnD last night for speed kills with a single healer - I didn't see any with a single tank though, although the off tank was DPSing as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NNt2lcB3uE - and http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/de ... #damageout

We went with a 1 burrow no heroism kill last night, keeping people alive in the sub 30% phase is harder than we expected. Went from 42 attempts left to 32 mostly from underestimating healing and add suppression - the icepatch limit which we thought would be the hard part didn't seem to be, at least on 10 (people needed to learn to listen when I said "btw, this last patch is way the fuck over here, not where you all are).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Griffith » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am

hey guys, long time reader, first time poster..

so if I am understanding correctly, during the burrow phase, are you mostly depending on people running away from the impale? Or do you rely on the ice patches to save you?

also, for add burn, do you rely on splash damage or do you have the dps turn adn burn the ads down?

we did 10 man tonight, made it though everything in good order, but come to a roadblock on Anub. Making it out of the burrow phase seemed to be the hardest part for us. That and our dps seemed to struggle to get anub to 65% b4 burrow. We got to 70% regularly, so I am sure the last 5% we can get once comfortable.

one last thing. A disc priest and Druid...can they 2 heal it? Both are very pro. We use a feral on Anub, me on the ads
Griffith

Postby Jedah » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:22 am

Griffith,

During the burrow phase, you want to use a combo of both -- if you can, and positioning is right, kite the impale as much as you can, but then eventually you'll have to dump it into a frost patch. The key to trivializing impale kiting is by only having 1 burrow phase.

Also, to your question about 2 healers - yes, they can do it. We had two near kill attempts (30k HP and 50k HP) using 2 healers, a paladin and a shaman. We switched it up to 3 healers to finally kill him because DPS was pushing him to 30% too fast, which resulted in a lot of time standing around for the DPS waiting for the 2nd set of adds after the burrow phase to appear.
Jedah

Postby fafhrd » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 am

If you're doing it in 1 burrow phase, you the kiting is pretty easy since you can use all but your last ice patch to end a kite.

If you're doing it in 2 burrow phases, the kiting is a lot trickier since you have fewer patches to use each burrow, and every chased needs to prolong the kite.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:02 am

We did it with one burrow phase, bloodlusting at 35% to burn the last 5% and have some time to clear an add; we still kept two ice patches close to each other so the warrior OT could kite adds between the two and keep himself alive and let the debuff roll off.

We did the run with a resto druid and resto shaman.

After five wipes at < 300k hp (yes, really), at 30% we had dps switch off anub and kill one of the adds instead of just burning the boss; I don't know if our DPS is just a bit slow or what, but after modifying the strat we killed him two attempts later, after our druid got done chain disconnecting.

Also, while bubble will make spikes change target, HoP will not. I HoP'ed our feral last night when he was caught out in the open. Anub did not switch off of him, which made for an amazing sound effect (Edward Scissorhands on meth), until the HoP wore off ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Xequecal » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:57 am

If you have a decent amount of 245 gear, another strat you might consider is just using a Holy Paladin and 1-healing it. The execution is completely braindead easy, turns it into a pure gear check.

He has 5.4m HP on 10-man heroic. He burrows 90 seconds after engage, that means you need to knock him down 3.78m HP, or 42,000 raid DPS, to prevent him from burrowing at all. That's an average of 4666 DPS amongst 7 DPS and two tanks. Not easy, but definitely possible. Coincidentally, this is almost exactly the same amount of raid DPS required to zerg down Sarth3d without touching the drakes, so if you want to go see if you've got what it takes, go practice that.

A sufficiently geared Holy Paladin can easily solo heal this fight if you keep it to around two minutes or less. You place Anub on a patch of ice, and the whole raid bunches up on his ass. Beacon the MT and just spam Holy Light on the OT. Glyph of Holy Light easily heals up Penetrating Cold, and you've got good heals on both the MT and OT. With 7 DPS the adds will go down just from random AE and cleaves that every class does anyway unless you've got a really weird comp, so you can pretty much ignore them.

At 30% he does his swarm thing, but again Glyph of Holy Light easily keeps people alive as long as you stay together. The healer Paladin will probably have to stop healing the OT to throw 2x HL on the two people who get Penetrating Cold, so your OT needs decent gear, but with 7 DPS this phase doesn't last long. The MT doesn't need to be that great geared, he gets all of the Paladin's heals the entire fight via beacon and the Paladin is spamming them as fast as he can. All you need is a Paladin that has sufficient gear to chaincast Holy Light for 2 minutes and 10 seconds and a group of 7 DPS and 2 tanks that can do an average of 4666 DPS between them.
Xequecal

Postby Tekkel » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:50 am

I'd say swap tanks and interrupt with holy wrath. Especially with a holy pally he should be able to keep both tanks up with beacon. With some hots from the other healers who keep the raid at a decent amount of health to not get gibbed by the debuff.
We've killed it with a holy priest, shaman and restro druid and although the MT died at some point I lived long enough for the remaining dps to kill it.
Tekkel

Postby Meyrinn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:07 am

Xequecal wrote:If you have a decent amount of 245 gear, another strat you might consider is just using a Holy Paladin and 1-healing it. The execution is completely braindead easy, turns it into a pure gear check.

He has 5.4m HP on 10-man heroic. He burrows 90 seconds after engage, that means you need to knock him down 3.78m HP, or 42,000 raid DPS, to prevent him from burrowing at all. That's an average of 4666 DPS amongst 7 DPS and two tanks. Not easy, but definitely possible. Coincidentally, this is almost exactly the same amount of raid DPS required to zerg down Sarth3d without touching the drakes, so if you want to go see if you've got what it takes, go practice that.

A sufficiently geared Holy Paladin can easily solo heal this fight if you keep it to around two minutes or less. You place Anub on a patch of ice, and the whole raid bunches up on his ass. Beacon the MT and just spam Holy Light on the OT. Glyph of Holy Light easily heals up Penetrating Cold, and you've got good heals on both the MT and OT. With 7 DPS the adds will go down just from random AE and cleaves that every class does anyway unless you've got a really weird comp, so you can pretty much ignore them.

At 30% he does his swarm thing, but again Glyph of Holy Light easily keeps people alive as long as you stay together. The healer Paladin will probably have to stop healing the OT to throw 2x HL on the two people who get Penetrating Cold, so your OT needs decent gear, but with 7 DPS this phase doesn't last long. The MT doesn't need to be that great geared, he gets all of the Paladin's heals the entire fight via beacon and the Paladin is spamming them as fast as he can. All you need is a Paladin that has sufficient gear to chaincast Holy Light for 2 minutes and 10 seconds and a group of 7 DPS and 2 tanks that can do an average of 4666 DPS between them.

I'm pretty sure its 70 seconds after engage for the first burrow.
Meyrinn

Postby Candiru » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am

Just a thought (although less relevent now with the DR nerf to HolyWrath) if you spec for "Purifying power" -33% CD on HolyWrath (10s) and use the glyph (-15s) does that get you a 30-25=5s CD on HolyWrath? It might also give you a 10s CD, which probably isn't worth 3 talent points over a 15s CD.

If so, holy paladins might want to do that for heroic Anub.

Has anyone tested it?

Even with the DR kicking in, it still means you can interrupt their shadowstep with HolyWrath 3 times in 20s, which is pretty pro. (As well opening the possibility of a VS undead holy DPS build!

HolyShock, Exorcism, HW, Judgement, HS, Consecration, HW, ShoR?(or1s wait before Exorcism), HS, Exorcism, HW etc.
Candiru

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 pm

A well balanced group is capable of transitioning from p1 to p3 before a single burrow phase without using heroism and with 2 healers. 1 healing the encounter is completely unnecessary.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Invisusira » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Joanadark wrote:A well balanced group is capable of transitioning from p1 to p3 before a single burrow phase without using heroism and with 2 healers. 1 healing the encounter is completely unnecessary.

^

Our kill was awesome, I wish I had been recording it. Anub tank dies at about 5% or so, I'm tanking him and all the ads now, everyone else goes down, I LoH, enhance shammy ankhs, Anub dies with me at 5% and shammy at 1%. Server first (and, to my knowledge, only at this point) tribute chest!
Invisusira

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:53 pm

did i mention that paladin tanks are incredibly amazing for anub because of the way blocking interacts with the stacking debuff?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon