[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak p3 - adds continue to spawn?

Postby fafhrd » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:27 am

Xequecal wrote:To beat this on heroic you need an MS effect, a Shaman, (heroism) and enough DPS to down him with only one burrow phase. That probably means two-healing it. There are two classes that will also considerably reduce the difficulty of this, namely a disc Priest and a throwing spec Rogue.

Are you talking about doing it in 10 man gear only or something? We haven't killed him yet mostly because it was late, but since we got him to 4% with one person healer dead (resto druid died, spriest switched to healing to cover), no shamans and 2 burrow phases, I highly doubt you need a heroism or 1 burrow phase. We also had a dps killing the orbs :/
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:15 am

Cried a bit when we went from 33 tries to 24 tries from wiping on this guy.

Had an enhance and an ele sham so interupts on 2 seperate targets was never a problem. They just put their respective targets on focus and use a macro to interupt their focus target. So they can still do other stuff.

Basicly strat A:

3 heal. 2 burrow phases. Drop 2 ice to kite him into per burrow phase. Drop 1 ice for adds per burrow phase. = 6

The 2 ice have to be very far apart. And the kiting execution has to be perfect. He has to go from 1 end of the room. hit ice. back to other end of room. hit ice. and then every be very far at the other end of the room so he comes back up before killing someone. (This was pretty hard to do consistantly, but we did do it a couple times, just not twice in a row so never got to burn phase with this strat)

Strat B:

2 heal. 1 burrow phase. Drop 3 ice to kite him with. use the other 3 as needed for adds.

Pretty easy until burn phase. 2 more adds come (1 would be reaosnable but still getting 2... ughh) And we proceed to get owned. Disc priest + resto druid. SO much damage on me and the add tank. A tank would get gibbed eventualy. And i can see form health bars the healers have to work pretty hard to keep the raid alive.

So my solution so far is going to be. Put the less geared tank (my options are a dk or a warrior) on anub. And my self on adds. Make my ret spec into prot for DS (mabey). And replace the druid healer with a holy paladin or holy priest. And let the adds in burn phase burrow (mabey)

Any thoughts?

It seemed like on 3 healers we came pretty darn close to getting it in 1 burrow phase anyways. Has anyone been able to do this?

Also, What the deal with the little scarabs? How are they dealt with. They seem deadly.

I am gusseing, from work without access to basic database info, that they are not aggressive unless they take damage or are enraged.

So basicly any one that accidently gets hit or enrages needs to be burnt down asap. Am I right? Is there a safe spot to tank stuff where there is less of a chance of scarabs to pat into aoe?
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Boèndal » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:04 am

Also, What the deal with the little scarabs? How are they dealt with. They seem deadly.

I am gusseing, from work without access to basic database info, that they are not aggressive unless they take damage or are enraged.

So basicly any one that accidently gets hit or enrages needs to be burnt down asap. Am I right? Is there a safe spot to tank stuff where there is less of a chance of scarabs to pat into aoe?

Yesterday I helped with my druid alt in one of our main grps. The scarabs seemed to have aggro on random persons and were chasing them until death. We did the one submerge strat and used frost patches to kite them and I deleted my typhoon glyph to knock them back from me or people under pressure. The burrowers are knockable as well. People have to avoid getting hit by scarabs because the dot they apply really hurts.

I was the third healer in the grp and switched to dps there to do the one submerge strat, but I think it could have been manageable even with three healers if your dps is good.
Boèndal

Postby Sober » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:22 am

Went from 42 attempts to 27 learning this guy alone ...

Did we 3 healing setup; we had 2 shamans (one a healer) and a rogue with wound for the MS. You may even want a priest specced into Body and Soul (we had a priest with 1/2 in it) for kiting. Or make Swiftness Potions. Or pray to god he picks paladins/mages/rogues/people with rocketboots.

Bubble/Iceblock will stop him and have him retarget; don't know about invis/shadowmeld/vanish. On our kill we had a hilarious part where our resto druid healer popped his rocket boots and flew like a madman towards an icepatch. Also, be sure to bubble asap if you can; I took a 3 hit (as he accelerates and the spikes attack multiple times in succession when he gets faster, I almost died when DS went up - around 7% hp left)

We dropped 3 or 4 patches in the start. Tank anub right by one so melee incidental can splash onto the boss. When there is about 15s, you need to drag Anub away (you might need more time depending since he does occasionally stun you). Melee need to start attacking the adds as far as possible (on the perimeter of the ice patch.) What needs to happen for the next 1:20 is that you need to kite him as far as possible, then hit an ice patch. He starts again at base speed, picks someone else, then accelerates and chases them. The kiting needs to be perfect here.

BTW, make sure you are not JUST stepping onto the ice as the spikes come at you because you will probably be killed anyways. You need to deke him out and make it behind a frost patch so it is between you and anub's spikes. That was about 5-6 attempts worth with us.

We had two burrow phases but luckily he targetted me when I could bubble, a mage, then the druid with boots. We had one patch up at the end.

Also, I don't know if it was a bug or intended, but about 20 seconds after we hit phase 3, our only ice patch JUST DISAPPEARED. On the transition to 30%, I dragged anub to the only ice patch left so the melee could splash for the rest of the phase. Luckily we burned him down but that was strange, unless the ice patches in heroic also have a limited lifespan too...

The little scarabs during P2 - make sure you don't touch them as they have the nastiest stacking debuff (not good to have going back to attacking the boss, a stack is already ~1200nature dmg/3s over about 30s) They don't seem to be tauntable in heroic mode. Just have any snare on them (hamstring, CoI, FoK+Crippling if needed) and burn the enraged ones down asap. The only have ~40k hp in 10-man, just have your ranged toss a couple of nukes down on them.
Sober

Postby Java » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 am

we've just done it. Btw we went down from 46 to 29 attempts.

Finally we decided to go with only 2 healers (druid + priest disci), and I changed to tank the adds (kiting them at the end of p.3 and triggering the bubble to avoid the last atacks).

It worked ! (btw, crappy loot for tanks, 1 hand mace, caster dps mace, and cloth robe, and a caster sword in the chest)
Java

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:52 am

Grats on your tribute to skill.

So kiting adds in phase 3 through the ice is the best way to deal with them?

Was there 4 adds by the end of it?
Threatco

Postby Treck » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:12 pm

We were just like a lot of others on about 42tries left when we faced Anub, its really a shot up in difficulty, and i like it.
We got him down with 29tries left. Knowing we had lost the Tribute to mad skills, we kinda just went in to see what happends trying to figure it out ourselves, not the best but more fun imo.
We had a DK and Shaman focus target on the adds (one each) to interrupt the shadow strike, with me mainly dpsing them down myself with the added cleave of Desease,cleave/ww and multishot. They went down fine before the 2nd set of adds came, and did the same on those.
Boss burrowed on about 65% or so.
We had our healers kill off the Frost thingys in the air since we didnt wanna loose dps on it, and the Priest healing isnt really doing anything the first 30sec of the fight anyway (Orbs has 3k HP)
We tried to just make the boss go into as many frost thingys as we could (Someone said he heals all the time when burrowed, however takes some slight dmg from frost thingys, so he doesnt get healed as much, however i am not sure if this is true or not, anyone know?) We found this much easier than trying to kite him for longer periods with fewer patches and having 2xburrow phases.
Just leaving one Frost patch down.
When boss gets up again we just tank him on the frost thingy, everyone stacks up on the meele to prepare for P3 healing. New adds with focus target interrupting and aoe, and they die just about at 30% when a new set of addds spawned. We do the same with focus interrupting however stops unnessesary aoeabilities, so everyone just goes all out on the boss with Hero. New set of adds joined at about 10%, just pick them up and shieldwall, and boss was dead before they started to hurt. We had 4adds in the end, when focused one for possible interrupting and targetting the last one for shield interrupting, however didnt have to interrupt anything.
As for the adds in P2, they kinda die in seconds, however we made a rule that noone should ever kill them alone, always be 2 ppl on them, they die faster and more painless, atleast for us.
Treck

Postby Threatco » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Any more advice on how to handle the little scarab adds?

Do they auto attack or can you avoid them?

How many tries did P3 take you?

And did you get him down in 1 burrow phase with 3 heals?
Threatco

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 pm

To us, phase 3 took around 4 attempts. Getting there was trickier.

At the end, we found out that with 2 healers, you don't need any specific strategy for P2. Just let him hit the ices, you got 6 so you'll anyway have 1 left for the couple of adds you'll want to kill before the burn phase.

Scarabs just get killed by people not followed.

P3 = bloodlust and zerg. Apparently (belf) prot paladins are OP for tanking adds in last phase due to the amount of times we can interrupt both adds.

We got him down a couple seconds after the second set of adds spawned.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Boèndal » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:05 pm

The only have ~40k hp in 10-man, just have your ranged toss a couple of nukes down on them.

I'm sure they've got 24-25k hp in 10man heroic, easy soloable if you are not their aggro target. Otherwise run and let the others do the job or use some kind of knockback, slow, range stun etc whatever your class is able to do.

The dmg output the burrowers have is really mad. The 2nd Tank a DK whose main spec is dps but with quite good gear (about 47k hp in 10s) was sometimes nearly instagibed by a new spawn. I think some kind of bad luck with avoidance was often the reason.
Boèndal

Postby Ruull » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:54 pm

You should be able to make it with 1 burrow phase and 3 healers.

This was our basic strategy:
Had a feral druid tank the boss and I tanked the adds (although after seeing it I'm fairly certain you could single tank him + the adds).

P1:
Anyhow so fight starts bring down 1 orb and move anub to it. Have the tank him him spin so that the back of anub is on the ice and drag the first set of adds there. Make sure a rogue is throwing specced and spams FoK to keep shadowblast from going off. Burn down the first set of adds and get back on anub. When the 2nd set come out get them on the ice and just have the rogue spam FoK to keep shadowblast from going off. You'll need to have anub at 65% or lower here to make the 1 burrow phase.

Burrow phase:
Finish off the 2nd set of adds and bring down all the orbs but 1 at this point (you'll need it for keeping the last few sets of adds on). What I found worked really well in this phase is everyone packing up together (other than the kiter of course) so the scarabs pack together. The trick here is to kite them on/around an ice patch and not blow it up with anub. Have your rogue offhand anastetic poison and run behind the scarab pack FoKing them (it'll knock off the enrage). This way if he (rogue) does pull aggro he can cloak the debuff off at the end of the phase and it keeps them from getting enraged/catching others.

Back up:
Basically the same as the first phase kill the first set of adds OT the second set with the rogue spamming FoK to keep the shadowblast from going off. Once you hit 32% or there about have the dps turn and kill the 2 adds on you (they should be low from melee ae/FoK spam). Then take him to 30%.

30% burn:
Hit hero/lust at this point and burn him. At about 18-20% its nice to have paladin AM frost aura to help a bit with the biting cold. You really only should get 1 set of adds here before he's dead. Really its nothing but a pure dps burn at this point but given your dps isn't terrible you should make it. As per usual make sure the rogue is doing the FoK spam to keep shadowblast from going off.

Anyhow that was our strat group setup was:
Tanks:
Paladin
Feral

Healers:
Priest
Druid
Paladin

Dps:
War
Feral
Rogue
Hunter
Mage

Hope this helps!
Ruull, Might - Turalyon - US
Ruull

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:44 am

Threatco wrote:Any more advice on how to handle the little scarab adds?

Do they auto attack or can you avoid them?

How many tries did P3 take you?

And did you get him down in 1 burrow phase with 3 heals?

Scarabs in the burrow phase were just nuked down with 2 dpsers (noone would solo them, but if there was 2 dpsers they could just burst it down, ranged can ofc just nuke how much they want), we pretty much stayed togethere everyone since we were having him kited into all frost patches, so they were easy to pick off in sec.
We 3rd time we reached P3 he died for us, best if you dont have any adds by then unless they just spawned.
We were jsut behind the timer to get him in one burrow phase with 3 healers, so went with a priest going shadow, and it took 3 more tries.
Ruull Explained it pretty well, however i think they got slightly better dps than us, but 2 healers is enough imo anyway.
Didnt get the Biting cold you wanna AM for however, didnt notice any debuff like that.
Treck

Postby Boèndal » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:44 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67700

Ticks for 6k pre resist in 10 man heroic. This was the main reason for people to die in the sub 30% phase. Fast additional and active healing is needed.

Had a feral druid tank the boss and I tanked the adds (although after seeing it I'm fairly certain you could single tank him + the adds).

Haven't tanked him yet (my grp is going on monday or tuesday next time) but the experience I gained on may alt (see somewhere above) lets me highly doubt this with current gear available - in terms of progression. The only pro argument would be that you only have to heal one target sub 30% (a holy paly would fix this problem^^)
Last edited by Boèndal on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Boèndal

Postby Treck » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:48 am

Ah, get it now then.
Our healers were trying to keep ppl at low HP to reduce the heal anub gets, but ppl started dying and they took much more dmg than 20%.
We decided just to go full nuke, and fully spamm heal ppl.
Treck

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:04 am

Question for the 25-man.

Does the Silence from Avenger's shield work on the Shadowstep ability? Or must a paladin tank relly completely on stuns to solo-interrupt thier target(s)?
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon