[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak

Postby Vlad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:29 pm

How do paladin tanks keep up interrupts on these guys? They seem to happen quit quickly and we have Exorcism, Arcane torrent(For BEs),HoJ and Avengers shield but not all of these may work.
Could a pally tank that has tanked adds before tell me what they did to keep interrupts up.
Vlad

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:11 pm

I have glyphed holy wrath for this.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Huma » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:17 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I have glyphed holy wrath for this.

yeah, and also i mark one of the adds with skull to show it is my interrupt, elemental shaman in raid focuses other unmarked add just to interrupt. but holywrath is more then enough, just dont spam it every cd, but only when u need interrupts, and as far as i know the interrupt effect isnt effected by dr, only stun is effected by dr.
Huma

Postby Belloc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:47 am

Huma wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:I have glyphed holy wrath for this.

yeah, and also i mark one of the adds with skull to show it is my interrupt, elemental shaman in raid focuses other unmarked add just to interrupt. but holywrath is more then enough, just dont spam it every cd, but only when u need interrupts, and as far as i know the interrupt effect isnt effected by dr, only stun is effected by dr.

Holy wrath isn't an interrupt. If a mob becomes immune to the holy wrath stun, their cast will not be interrupted.

That said, since this IS the 10 man thread, that should never happen. A single paladin has the tools to interrupt every cast.

Holy wrath will be available for every phase 1 interrupt. Holy wrath SHOULD be available for every phase 3 interrupt (of which you should require no more than 2, but maybe a third for some learning guilds or bad attempts.

If holy wrath is not up in phase 3 (due to an accidental or stupid early usage), off tank the adds, stop using your GCDs, and hit Avenger's Shield when the cast begins. If you REALLY screw things up, you still have a single interrupt in the form of Hammer of Justice.

But, seriously, I've never had to use anything more than Holy Wrath. Holy Wrath has always been available for me to use on every wave. I have never glyphed Holy Wrath.
Belloc

Postby Dantriges » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:39 am

Seems I have a big problem actually getting the second set of adds before they gib a healer.

Anub is blocking sight on some of the raid, probably positioning is wrong (ice patch sometimes lands randomly).

So if I get it rigth from this thread, ice patch close wehre he stands in the beginnig. Where is your raid, how do you position anub? Where is your raid?

I had the problem that I had to taunt via grid, guessing which healer has aggr at the moment (wildly switchng between them) and RD, because I didn´t see the add, 3 sec wears off, add turns around to the healer, kills him.
Dantriges

Postby deigo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:14 am

Dantriges wrote:Seems I have a big problem actually getting the second set of adds before they gib a healer.

Anub is blocking sight on some of the raid, probably positioning is wrong (ice patch sometimes lands randomly).

So if I get it rigth from this thread, ice patch close wehre he stands in the beginnig. Where is your raid, how do you position anub? Where is your raid?

I had the problem that I had to taunt via grid, guessing which healer has aggr at the moment (wildly switchng between them) and RD, because I didn´t see the add, 3 sec wears off, add turns around to the healer, kills him.

Just a quick reply here. After first adds are dead give ur self hand of freedom to get off the ice patch. I do this for 2 reasons 1) sometime raiders can be lazy and not stacked together. 2) Anub has a HUUUUUGE hit box and trying to click around it can be a pain sometimes. When we first were doing this fight i even taunted the boss once or twice by accident.

Ok so ur off the ice and can move freely, but where are the adds going to come from? Well u know its going to be 2 out of 4 possible locations. Every time I AS the closest one to me/healers to slow him down. Then taunt with hand of reck on the one thats far away and start building threat on that one, while im moving to the ice patch. Then its a rinse and wash or me. Something that might help even more is I freedom when im moving them on the ice patches too. Hope it helps GL.
deigo

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:20 pm

If your healers are standing anywhere such that there is NOT an ice patch between them and the 4 add spawn points, they are standing in the wrong place.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 pm

A frost orb spawns right above Anub when you pull. Kill that orb fast. Tank Anub on top of that orb. Have healers positioned behind that frost patch during non-burrow phases (at least). Adds run through the frost to get to them.

So, basically, you're tanking Anub where he is at the start -- maybe off by a tiny bit.
Belloc

Postby Dantriges » Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:31 am

The problem is more at the end when a second set of adds spawn during the burn phase. Yeah the proposed position would be a lot of help.
Dantriges

Postby Hurlrage » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:32 am

My thanks to amh and fuzzygeek for their help, we managed to down him this week at last.
Hurlrage

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:23 am

Thanks a lot , too, position is pretty good, we downed him, but seems my healers are a bit lazy or can´t make it in time behind the patch of ice. The only time I saw one behind was when the feral went to another leftover patch of ice close to the spawn point left to the entrance.

Rather bad idea. :?
Dantriges

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Congrats; it gets considerably easier every week.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby dunnark » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Two weeks of working on Heroic Anub'arak 10, over 50 attempts, and sadly haven't downed him. Last night we got him down to 2%, but fell apart.

Our set up has been mostly the same 2 weeks in a row, though this week we will likely mix it up a bit to see if that will make the difference. For the most part we've been running with:

1 Prot Warrior MT
1 Prot Pally OT
1 Ret Pally
1 Mage
1 Hunter
1 Rogue
1 Elemental Shaman (Resto offspec)
1 Holy Priest
1 Resto Druid (feral offspec)
1 Disc Priest (shadow offspec)

We change up specs to see what we can do, but most of the attempts we are using 2 healers (which means the Holy priest and one other druid, priest or shaman). Typically we are able to get him down to phase 3 with only one burrow (but not a lot of time left), but then fall apart in phase 3 (as was mentioned at the start of this thread). Sometimes that's main tank death, sometimes its having more than 2 adds up, it sort of depends.

So I am looking for advice specifically for phase 3 or actions leading right up to phase 3. 2% is a small margin so a few little things might make the difference. Do you let the adds ever burrow or do you always tank them on frost patches? Do you find yourself with no adds and the ability to use Divine sacrifice to help the healers (our ret pally uses it, but I rarely get the chance since adds are usually up)? Is there a combo of healers from our choices above that would work better?

If your are so brave you can look at our attempts last night here.
dunnark

Postby Belloc » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Kill the first set of phase 3 adds (which should die incredibly quickly, since you're getting to phase 3 in one burrow phase) and then pull the 2nd set of adds just off the frost. If possible, position it so that the ret paladin is hitting it with consecration and divine storm. If you can't do that, then don't worry about it.

If the adds take enough damage, they'll attempt to burrow. If that happens, you're free to put your lolprot DPS on the boss. The boss should die well before the next set of adds spawn. If he isn't dead by then, you're leaving the raid way too high on health.

We've always used a disc priest and a resto druid for our Anub heals. You can afford to keep the raid around 5k health (so that they won't get killed by the first PC tick).

Divine sacrifice is a waste. I imagine that your ret paladin is bubbling before using divine sac? If so, there goes 50% of his damage. And for what? He's not saving any lives. Tell him to stop using it and just focus on killing anub.

So, long story short: You should never have more than two adds up at once, even if that means focusing on killing them. Kill the first set of phase 3 adds and then tank the rest of them in a position where they might take incidental damage and let them burrow. Boss will be dead before the next set of adds.
Belloc

Postby Threatco » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:59 pm

Question: How much DPS does you Shadow Priest do on TogC 10 Anub. And what is their roll.

My spriest currently puts out 5.5k dps on a perfect run. Which is well below the other DPS but still seems to be quite respectable. But if there is anything I could improve on I would work on it.

I am almost full 245 ilvl gear with not much room to improve without togc 25. 2/5 peice t9.

Here's my strategy, if anyone can comment on it, I would appreciate it.

I open Vampiric Touch (VT), Mind Blast (MB), Mind Flay (MF). This gets me 5 stacks shadoweave. I then Apply Shadow Word Pain (SW:P), then Devouring Plauge (DP)

Now 2 adds come out. I put a VT on each and that's all I do to them. The adds die early enough with only a DK interupter on adds and everyone else mostly on boss.

I use a VT > MB > DP > MF priority system on anub, ocasionaly using SW:D to fill GCD.

I ignore the 2nd set of burrowers until Anub buries. Then I throw a VT on both of them and start throwing VT on any scarab swarmer in range. If ever I can't reach a new one I use the GCD to throw SW:P on burrowers/Swarmers. This is where I realy catch up on DPS. Having 5+ VT's going at once on scarabs rockets my up.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon