Remove Advertisements

[h.10]Anub'arak

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[h.10]Anub'arak

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 pm

So we get Anub to p3 with a single burrow phase, and adds continued to spawn. Things went badly from there.

Is this working as intended?
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: [h.10]Anub'arak p3 - adds continue to spawn?

Postby Huon » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 pm

deleted
Last edited by Huon on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huon

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Adds continue to spawn during p3 on heroic mode. This is a normal mechanic, distinguishing it from easy mode.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 am

Joanadark wrote:Adds continue to spawn during p3 on heroic mode. This is a normal mechanic, distinguishing it from easy mode.

Interesting. We've two-healed heroic 10, and have ignored the last set of spawns to burn Anub. Warrior tank is kiting and shockwaving adds between two patches of frost while we burn things. I'm not certain this is the intended way to do this fight.

We wiped twice sub-5% and once to a freak series of events after a perfect p1-2 execution and frost placement.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nadir » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:50 am

Yes. It's intended.

You also *have* to push Anub'arak into phase 3 after single burrow phase unless you use some sort of run speed exploit.

We DPSed incoming adds, with the exception of the final wave when Anub'arak was at low HP. I wouldn't recommend merely kiting them since a single uninterrupted Shadowstrike will one shot a caster.
Nadir

Postby Tekkel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 am

We've killed heroic 10 with 2 burrow phases and used heroism to burn p3.
Clever kiting in the burrow phase is the key to 2 burrow phases.
Adds keep coming in p3 but we just offtanked them and let them burrow down so they weren't hitting the tank at all at times.

Deffo the hardest encounter on 10 man in there due to only having 6 frost patches. I think they'll up to 8-9 soon enough as 6 is really tight.
Tekkel

Postby Boèndal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 am

So there's a timer for the burrow phase if you are not using the frost patches to get him up faster? Does anyone know how long and how the patches affect this timer?
I'm thinking of using two per phase if dps needs two burrow phases so you would have two left for the burn phase to tank/kite the adds. (Our dps in 10 normal was quite good and we needed only on burrow phase. Don't know about hardmode we have to do twins first :roll: )
Boèndal

Postby Tekkel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:42 am

burrow phase is on a timer. Use the frost patches wisely :)
He will come up wether you got him in the ice or not. Though if he didn't touch any ice somewhere in the phase you're dead ofcourse.
Tekkel

Postby Vencedor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 am

How did you handle the Shadowstep type ability they have if you were trying to kite them?

We had to tank them on the ice, as they would Shadowstep and kill a healer or ranged DPS, even if said healer or DPS was standing on ice.
Vencedor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:33 am

At 15 seconds or so before 1st submerge I'd kite Anub to the other side of the room. Clever frost placement and proper raid movement and lucky rng used up a lot of kite time; once we got lucky and got away with using 2 frost patches -- I HoP'ed 3rd target at the last possible moment, causing Anub to switch targets, and he emerged before he hit a 3rd patch.

The warrior would charge stun interrupt any add that started to cast. Our problem was he got gibbed at 4 adds and 3%.

We should have let them burrow. I'm also thinking I should pick up one of the 2ns set of adds. A 3rd set probably means incoming horrible deaths.

I assume holy wrath would stun?
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vencedor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:13 am

Is the ability that causes them to Shadowstep the same one as on regular? Submerge?

Is it just that they reappear from the ground faster?

If it's the same ability, is it interruptable still?
Vencedor

Postby Alanyor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm

The Shadowstep is Shadow Strike, but the cast time is 3 or 4 sec and not 8.
We killed first two waves, let him submerge. Next uptime phase, we killed first wave, I tanked 2nd wave beneath the boss (not on a frost patch, so they may submerge, which helps you in getting less dmg) and we burned the boss. Arcane Torrent or Holy Wrath help with Shadow Strike, which is interruptible. Most of us died in the end, but we had Realmpool First Kill, EU server. :)
Alanyor <Bloodhound Gang> - EU-Nera'thor - http://www.alanyor.blogspot.com
Originator of 10 Paladin Karazhan, 10 Paladin Zul'Aman and 8 Paladin Naxxramas
Alanyor

Postby Non » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Glyphed Holy Wrath is nice if you are on add duty.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Xequecal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:36 pm

To beat this on heroic you need an MS effect, a Shaman, (heroism) and enough DPS to down him with only one burrow phase. That probably means two-healing it. There are two classes that will also considerably reduce the difficulty of this, namely a disc Priest and a throwing spec Rogue.

When you start the fight, have one of your healers knock down all the permafrost (they have like 3000 HP each) so you don't lose DPS. Drag Anub to a patch of ice. When adds spawn, have your offtank pick them up and also bring them to that patch of ice. Throw out just enough AoE damage to kill the two adds before the next adds spawn.

If you have a Rogue with throwing spec you can pretty much have everyone else stay on the boss while the Rogue facerolls on Fan of Knives to interrupt all Shadow Strikes. The FoKs combined with other random AoE damage that most DPS classes use in their rotations should get the adds dead before more show up. Depending on your composition you might have to help a little bit on AEing to kill them fast enough. (DKs use Pestilence, Mages Living Bomb them all instead of just the boss, stuff like that.)

If you don't have a Rogue it's quite a bit harder, you have to make sure the Shadow Strikes of both adds are always interrupted because it will kill someone if it gets off, as well as having everyone throw out some AE to make sure the adds die because you don't have the hilariously overpowered FoK in your raid. This will reduce your available DPS for Anub alot and raises the bar for how much you need to output.

The one burrow phase should be pretty easy, you can use five of the six ice patches to stop his impale crap and if you can't do this, I would just quit now.

When he's almost at 30%, if you have time, finish off the adds that are up, if there's any. Then drag him off that patch of ice, hit heroism and burn his ass. Adds will spawn quickly, your offtank needs to pick them up and drag them to the boss. Have your Rogue spam FoK like before, otherwise just ignore them and burn Anub. Since you're not on an ice patch they will burrow a lot and reduce the damage your OT takes. Eventually the debuff stacks will gib this tank so you have to kill Anub fast. Ignore the adds completely and just burn him. Also, not having a throwing spec Rogue makes the 30% burn phase really damn hard as you will have 6-8 spider adds before the end and there's NO WAY you can keep them all interrupted without throwing spec, they will start one-shotting people very fast.

This is also where the disc priest comes in. The Leeching Swarm drains 20% of your CURRENT HP every tick. That means if you're below 20% you will take very little damage from it, and heal him for very little. The thing is, it doesn't count shields as part of your HP. So if you have the disc priest shield the whole raid, the swarm will do almost nothing, as once they're down to 10% HP the swarm will only do like 500 damage a second, which the shields will easily absorb. The only raid members that will need heals besides the tank is the 1 or 2 people that get Penetrating Cold on them, your healers will need to react fast and get them healed before it ticks, as a tick will kill someone at 10% HP. Penance is obviously amazing for this, and the shield already on the raid member might even absorb the first tick.
Xequecal

Postby Java » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:09 am

We've taken Anub'arak down to 8% twice, but we still have problems with raid survivability.

Our raid composition is as follows (ranged/caster dps raid)

1 Palatank (me, on the boss due to better gear)
1 Druida (feral - offtank)
1 Paladin (holy)
1 Priest (holy or discipline, still not sure about best spec)
1 Druid (resto)
2 Destrolocks
1 Mage
1 Shaman (elemental)
1 Hunter

Phase 1 is not a problem. We decided to put 2 of the 5 dps to constantly atack the boss while the 3 remaining DPS are focusing on adds. We use one of the warlocks interrupting the adds with shadowfury although sometimes we had problems with these interrupts. We've found out that heavy DPS on the boss is probably the key, but we need to take the adds down too, or the debuffs will make them impossible to be tanked.

Phase 2 is also OK unless someone messes it up.

Our problem is phase 3. Once the boss hits 30% we use to turn the adds down, although 2 new adds appear, and this is when we wipe. Our healers are not able to keep both tanks alive.

Do you think it would be needed to replace one of the healers (probably the resto druid) with another DPS ?
Maybe swapping tanks so I take the adds since I am slightly better geared?

PS: Apologies if I have any typo/language mistake.
Java

Next

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon