[Northrend Beasts] Preperation for HEROIC/HM Boss #1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [Northrend Beasts] Preperation for HEROIC/HM Boss #1

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:21 pm

Run 3 tanks with a 2 stack rotation, no one will get more than 2 stacks. HoP off the remaining debuffs after Gormok is dead so the worms don't one shot your tanks.
Meyrinn

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:22 pm

Arianne wrote:
Snobolds have 539k health in heroic? Therefore I need 6 DPSers at 5k DPS to kill the snobold before the next one comes out?

Fairly sure I've seen them at 800k hp usually. They are not quick kills if any of your DPS is bad and won't switch.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Meyrinn » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:23 pm

Ulrik wrote:Stupidest thing was I still got hit during a charge. PoJ, both mouse buttons down (which is still defaulted to run) and 'W' with the camera facing straight right, and still easily hit me. This may sound dumb but is he always dead center on you so left/right shouldn't matter? To me that's the most annoying thing about the whole night. I assumed it would be trivial with PoJ to avoid. I don't understand how that movement went so slow.

I think you lagged or something. I don't have PoJ and I got targetted twice and got clear. The bigger annoyance is that sometimes he doesn't face the right direction of the charge so people near the targeted person don't realize and think that they are safe. He always jump back in the right direction though.
Meyrinn

Postby Roots » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Arianne wrote:So, snobolds spawn every 20s and there are 5 in heroic mode.
Each one gives him a 15% buff. I'm confused as to whether or not killing the snobold gets rid of the 15% or if there are two 15% buffs per snobold (1 rising anger and 1 buff that's active when a snobold is active).

Impale happens every 10s and lasts for 45 seconds. It does 4.5k/2s per stack. Impale itself does how much damage base?

What I'm trying to figure out is when tanks have to start using cooldowns on impale switches.

Theoretically given that impales are 10s apart and tank cooldowns are 12s, if you hit it correctly you should have your cooldown still active for the second impale.

Snobolds have 539k health in heroic? Therefore I need 6 DPSers at 5k DPS to kill the snobold before the next one comes out?

809k per snobald. I was the third tank in a 3 tank/2 stack rotation, and by my 2nd round (read: 60% damage increase) Impale hit me on average 33-35k, tics at 19.5-24k every 2. Drood w/32k armor. I'd suggest cds after 1 full rotation of tanks.
Roots

Postby Treck » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Killed this in 18 Tries, for us im satisfied.
2tanks, one on each worm.
Burned hero on P1 when we were progressing on it, Burned it in P2 when we started getting there every try, then Hero on P3 when P2 was easy to accomplish.
Treck

Postby Shemirage » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:34 pm

So on 10 heroic, I start and build 4 stacks on me, and then i bubble to remove them. After that, we are switching taunts with 3 stacks. But, the second tank died 4 times with 2 stacks on him...He died 4 of 10 tries, but we just stopped altogether because we didn't want to waste any more attempts. The other 6 wipes were to idiots enraging icehowl, by running right into him on the charge ><
So, suggestions?
Worms are cake, icehowl is cake, i think if someone enrages icehowl they need removed from the group...
Shemirage

Postby Soralin » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

We used a slightly different rotation to the one listed above, still using three tanks.

First tank (me) takes 4 stacks. Used self-salv to cover the damage taken by the 4th impale. Immediately on application, taunt/bubble/cancelaura to remove stacks, take to 2 more stacks. DK taunts and takes to 3 stacks, is HoP'd after the third tank (druid) taunts who also takes it to 3 stacks and is HoP'd after I taunt. By the time I get to 2 stacks the worms have spawned and are picked up by the two offtanks who are bleed free.

The third tank (druid) uses bearwall as soon as he taunts and is given a pain suppression and hand of sacrifice while tanking because he gets hit quite hard.

Aside from tank disconnects (argh) this rotation worked quite well for us - it meant that while there was a fairly significant amount of tank healing required there was little offtank healing required as all the bleed debuffs were removed by HoPs (except for my 2 stacks).
Soralin

Postby Belloc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Shemirage wrote:So on 10 heroic, I start and build 4 stacks on me, and then i bubble to remove them. After that, we are switching taunts with 3 stacks. But, the second tank died 4 times with 2 stacks on him...He died 4 of 10 tries, but we just stopped altogether because we didn't want to waste any more attempts. The other 6 wipes were to idiots enraging icehowl, by running right into him on the charge ><
So, suggestions?
Worms are cake, icehowl is cake, i think if someone enrages icehowl they need removed from the group...

Save your tanking cooldowns for that part of the fight. I'm guessing that he died primarily from impale damage, which is insanely high at that point in the fight. That's all there is to it... just save your shield walls and such for the point at which the tank is dying. My OT kept dying right at the end... had I tossed a sacrifice on him, he would've lived. Were his shield wall up and active, he would've lived. Guardian spirit or Pain Suppression? Yup, would've lived.

With two stacks, the DoT isn't the bad part... it's the direct damage when impale hits. Also, don't let it stack to 3. There's seriously no good reason to do so. Save your bubble, as well, because you may need to shield wall at some point.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:37 pm

So, snobolds spawn every 20s and there are 5 in heroic mode.
Each one gives him a 15% buff. I'm confused as to whether or not killing the snobold gets rid of the 15% or if there are two 15% buffs per snobold (1 rising anger and 1 buff that's active when a snobold is active).

Impale happens every 10s and lasts for 45 seconds. It does 4.5k/2s per stack. Impale itself does how much damage base?

What I'm trying to figure out is when tanks have to start using cooldowns on impale switches.

10: Impale 1 - Tank 1
20: Impale 2 - Tank 1 (Snobold 1) - 15% damage buff
30: Impale 3 - Tank 1 (Pain Suppression)
40: Impale 4 - Tank 1 (Snobold 2) - 15% damage buff (30% total)
50: Impale 5 - Tank 2 (HoP Tank 1)
60: Impale 6 - Tank 2 (HoS/DS from pally healer) (Snobold 3) - 15% damage buff (45% total)
70: Impale 7 - Tank 2
80: Impale 8 - Tank 3 (HoP Tank 2)(Snobold 4) - 15% damage buff (60% total)
90: Impale 9 - Tank 3
100: Impale 10 - Tank 1 (HoP Tank 3) (tank 1 cooldown before taunt/impale) (Snobold 5) - 15% damage buff (75% total)
110: Impale 11 - Tank 1
120: Impale 12 - Tank 2 (tank 2 cooldown before taunt/impale)
130: Impale 13 - Tank 2
140: Impale 14 - Tank 3 (tank 3 cooldown before taunt/impale)
150: Impale 15 - Tank 3

No. The damage stack is completely independant of the snowbolds, on a different time interval for each stack, and nothing to do with the impale timer.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Candiru » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:29 am

The Rising Anger buff is *cast* by the snobolds on the boss when they spawn.

Looking on world of logs, it looks like every 20s, pretty bang on.

Most logs only had 4 stacks of rising anger though. Apparently if the target of a snobold dies, they re-cast rising anger and jump on a different target. So you really cannot afford to loose anyone. (Although, the berserk time also means you can't loose someone anyway)
Candiru

Postby Nadir » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 am

Make sure to Soulstone 15 members of your raid with level 18 Warlock alts.

At the same time I'm slightly disgusted and slightly jealous for not thinking of this myself.
Nadir

Postby Treck » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:54 am

We used 2 tanks from the start and after the 3rd try we had P1 completely sorted, gained a lot of time on bringing it down fast aswell (since the enrage of the whole encounter is pretty close).
I really see no reason to use 3 tanks, waste of dps imo, its close as it is allrdy.
The rotation for me and the DK was:
DK 2stacks
Me 3 stacks, bubble asap at the 3rd and remove macro (safest if the other tank is 2nd on threat, he might take a hit)
Me 3stacks again, at this point hes got about 4 stacks I think so he hits hard but not enough to kill (salv to help slightly)
DK 2stacks I BoP him asap after 2nd stack and he removes it with a macro, me 2nd on aggro if he would have time for a swing.
DK 2 stacks
And by that time hes dead. Pretty awesome dps for us imo.
Worms just took some getting used to and meele spreading between the worms when Dreadscale is beeing unmovable.
The speedbuff on Icehowl did a lot more than ppl thought. Had a few wipes there from ppl underestimating it aswell as his hitbox.
He still enraged on 3% tho xD
Saved Hero for Icehowl, dunno if thats the best or not.
Heroic version is satisfying imo, its not facerollable easy, takes time and dedication, but its doable even for us.
Treck

Postby Candiru » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 am

Looking at wowhead, impale has a 10yard range.

What happens if you taunt so he is fixated when he should be imapling, standing at range? That way you could have all your tanks stack only 1 impale bleed, and avoid taking any damage from half the impales.
Candiru

Postby Ulrik » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:53 am

Meyrinn wrote:
Ulrik wrote:Stupidest thing was I still got hit during a charge. PoJ, both mouse buttons down (which is still defaulted to run) and 'W' with the camera facing straight right, and still easily hit me. This may sound dumb but is he always dead center on you so left/right shouldn't matter? To me that's the most annoying thing about the whole night. I assumed it would be trivial with PoJ to avoid. I don't understand how that movement went so slow.

I think you lagged or something. I don't have PoJ and I got targetted twice and got clear. The bigger annoyance is that sometimes he doesn't face the right direction of the charge so people near the targeted person don't realize and think that they are safe. He always jump back in the right direction though.

I think I noticed my error doing Heroic 10 a few days later. I was reacting to the DBM warning that someone NEAR you is targeted, not that I was targeted. The game itself has a warning of who he's going to charge so I think I just reacted to DBM and actually ran into him thinking it didn't matter because I was centered, instead of running away from the actual target.
Ulrik

Postby honorshammer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:16 am

Question: Can the application of the Impale DoT be dodged, or parried? Would high avoidance slow down the speed at which you accumulated stacks?
honorshammer

PreviousNext

Return to T9: Argent Coliseum / Koralon