[25] Uld hardmodes in 3.3

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Uld hardmodes in 3.3

Postby Vlad » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 am

I'm begging to run uld 25 hardmodes now (first one this Friday) About 10 of my guildies are coming, some people I trust to be good others I probably wouldn't take if they weren't guildies. Since I'm good 'in game' friends with some people from one of the top guild on my server I managed to get them to come to, mostly on alts though but hey, there alts all have kingslayer so I'm not complaining.

Some people in this run will be pugs though.

So couple of questions about it.
Has anyone run an uld 25 recently with today's gear? If so howd it go?
Are the fights still OMFG? hard because I know what made a lot hard wasn't gear but coordination
How strict should I be on who I bring, so strict I don't take the guildies who I know won't do as good as possible pugs?
For pugs the only pugs I've given spots to so far have been pugs with there rusted drake, everyone from my friends guild have there rusted and most have iron-bound on at least one toon and some even have blood bathed frost-brood.
Should I attempt flame leviathan 4 towers as I know its a raid caller.

Anything else I should know?
Vlad

Re: [25] Uld hardmodes in 3.3

Postby Charda » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Vlad wrote:Has anyone run an uld 25 recently with today's gear? If so howd it go?
Are the fights still OMFG? hard because I know what made a lot hard wasn't gear but coordination
How strict should I be on who I bring, so strict I don't take the guildies who I know won't do as good as possible pugs?
For pugs the only pugs I've given spots to so far have been pugs with there rusted drake, everyone from my friends guild have there rusted and most have iron-bound on at least one toon and some even have blood bathed frost-brood.
Should I attempt flame leviathan 4 towers as I know its a raid caller.

Anything else I should know?

As a bit of background, the guild I'm in has 20 odd rusted protos, and is currently at the LK in 25 man ICC and we started doing Uld 25 on one night a week about a month ago.

Basically the fights aren't bad at all. I didn't expect us to get past 3 Knocks, let alone Firefighter. The amount of gear lets you brute force a bunch of stuff you wouldn't have been able to before. Our raid awareness wasn't very good, and we one shot everything up to and including Thorim in a 3 hour night (actually except for Iron Council, evidently we forgot the old strat). Firefighter was a 4 shot with like 6 people alive, and 3 Knocks took about an hour... turns out that dpsing three targets is still hard 6 months later. General took a night, and we're still wiping on Yogg three nights later.

Personally the biggest thing is taking people who are decently geared, know what they're doing, and will stick around till its done. Our biggest issues have been having to fill a couple of spots every week on Yogg, and people with bad raid awareness sinking the raid. Even with ICC gear, not running out on shadow crash, or dpsing the wrong adds on Freya still sinks the raid. And the farther you get in the harder it is to replace people.

Also, FL with 4 towers up is a joke on 25 man especially with ICC gear.
Charda

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon