[10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

How much to sell a full 10 man GotUR Rusted Proto Drake run for.

5000 or less
No votes
32%
34%
19%
7%
50000 or more
8%

Total votes : 59

[10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Postby Threatco » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

So my guild got our drakes. We don't quite have the stomach for hard core 25 grindage but our core group woulden't mind making some cash.

We can now 9 man one shot everything but firefighter with confidence. That one we need to practice a bit more on but it's still early.

I did a couple ads in trade and set the price at 20k to see what response I would get.

(fyi last I checked only 4 other guilds had this achievement horde side on my server)

Quickly got one serious reply from someone who seems interested in doing it but not commited.

I have not seen any of the other 3 guilds offering runs of this yet.

I know I read some posts about guilds who have been doing this for a while. Any feedback on how prices started out. How they may have dropped over time. Any challenges or any tips to make it smoother? My guild has never done anything like this before.

Thanks for the info!
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Re: [10] Price Check: Rusted Proto Drake runs.

Postby Xfighter » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:31 pm

I heard that Brekkie's guild (sorry if the name's wrong) Forlorn Legacy was selling them for 30k, not sure if the price has dropped or not. :P
Xfighter

Postby Corpsicle » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 pm

An alliance guild on our server (Drow) has a post up on the official realm forums advertising them for 30k. I don't know if they have sold any or not at that price.
Corpsicle

Postby Invisusira » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Have some pride in your achievements.
Invisusira

Postby knaughty » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Invisusira wrote:Have some pride in your achievements.

We got Oceanic 2nd and world (or was it US?) top 50 Sarth+3 10-man.

A few months later people were pugging the "zerg-mode" strat, even before Ulduar was released, and the achievement is meaningless. After "zerg" became possible, I think I switched from "Knaughty of the Nightfall" to "the Undying" or maybe turned title off. Am using "Starcaller" since Tuesday :)

The date of your achievement matters - My "Twillight Zone" is January 4th. But the Rusted Drake is going to be really common.

If you can sell drake runs for 20k, then sell them. 2k in the pot for repairs and consumables, 2k each for a night's work.

Go for it.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Treck » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:14 am

We sold a drake last week for 25k gold, so 2.777 gold for each 9 people who was "boosting".
Odd enough we finished the whole run in 3hours, we have never used a single raid for clearing uld 10before so this was amazing the focus ppl had suddenly when they had to step up to show this "new guy" we were pro. One wipe on mimiron HM and a silly misstake from the ranged on general HM giving us a second wipe there.
I cant say i was to happy about actually selling it, its not super rare on our server but it still does show something, however if selling the mount make ppl shape up making the raids so fast and enjoyable, i really dont mind.
Treck

Postby Belloc » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:34 am

Invisusira wrote:Have some pride in your achievements.

I think selling an achievement run is a matter of pride. It's showing that you're good enough to carry a person through it.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:56 am

Xfighter wrote:I heard that Brekkie's guild (sorry if the name's wrong) Forlorn Legacy was selling them for 30k, not sure if the price has dropped or not. :P

Yes. We have been doing two buyers per week for 30k each for a while now. Price has remained the same the whole time, and we even had somebuy buy 2, one for him and one for his wife.
Our price was set based on the wining bid of a public auction held on our forums and advertised for a week. Starting bid was 15k if I remember correctly, and the very first drake went for 33k. After that we kept the price at an even 30k.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Splug » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:09 pm

How the hell are you guys getting so much for them? We barely had interest at 10k, and eventually decided for that much we'd rather just farm rape tentacles from alone in the darkness. The market between servers really is crazy...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 pm

Apps and casuals also don't get a share either, since they are there for loot or to be evaluated, so a lot of times we get more than a 1/9th share.
Last week I got 3700g for 2 hours of my time. it was pretty sweet.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Was it very hard progression-wise for you Brekkie?

How fast did you go from farming hardmodes to selling the drake? Was it really a big step? Or were you core raiders able to carry a 10th pretty fast? Do you ever wipe?

I am fairly confident in all the fights except firefighter. In that one the enrage can be a little tricky if someone dies. Is it better to BL P2 or to BL a double stacked head in phase 3?

you probly 2 heal it though dont you.... ughh that would be painful.

Also, do you get them the iron dawrf medium rare (that thing is annoying when I have to do it EVERY week for new people)

Again thanks for your input!
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:05 pm

it was maybe 2-3 weeks after the first people got their rusteds that we started selling them.
In firefighter we BL a double-stacked head in p3 normally, though sometimes we have a ranged heavy group that is capable of pretty much killing the head in the same timeframe without lust, in which case we lust p2.
We still 3-healered some stuff before the big round of nerfs. Firefighter we 3-healed, and freya 3-knock we 3-healed. Nowadays we 2-heal everything. If the buyer is a healer, we dont count on it, and just tell them to do the best DPS they can.
Yes we do Iron Dwarf Medium Rare. Yes its the most annoying acheivement ever. I was looking at other guilds' prices, and Dues Vox sells the acheivement individually, and Iron Dwarf costs 7k out of their 30k total all by itsself.

After ruminating on it a little bit and having a conversation about it in vent, the consensus seemed to be that a decent part of the reason we get such a good price, and why it hasn't gone down at all even after the anouncement that drakes were not being removed with 3.2, is because a big factor in the appeal for our buyer is simply the chance to see a guild like ours in action first hand. A lot of people get a huge kick out of that, and we get a ton of thank-you posts on our forums saying what an awesome and fun experience it was for the buyer.
We've even gotten buyers from guilds that are capable of earning the drakes by themselves, often for player's alts. A lot of our buyers are repeat customers who have bought sarth drakes from us in the past as well.
Joanadark

Postby Threatco » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Did you ever try 2 healing 3 knock pre nerfs?

That is how my guild group has done it for the past 6-7 weeks as when we first did it our DPS on ancient conservator was too low we needed all 7 dps. 1 tank and 2 healers. As a matter of fact that achievement has always been 1-2 shot with 2 healers, never realy had to work at it.

Did you do 3 healers just to be on the safe side? It doesen't realy matter was just shocked at the idea that our healers may actualy be decent when compared to more serious guilds. 2 healed it with druid/priest up until 3.2 where now shamans can do it too.

Do you did you ever wipe while selling a run? How did you handle it? Are the customers patient enough? When do you make them pay? Before you start?

Has your policy on no algalon keys changed yet? HAs anyone tried to make an offer for it?
Threatco

Postby Joanadark » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:35 pm

We 2-healed Freya 3-knock several times pre-nerf, but it was annoying. It was generally safer to just 3-heal it and have a garenteed 1-shot. Post-nerf, a druid or priest could probably solo-heal it.
We still do Iron Council last.
To be quite honest I don't remember the last time we wiped in 10-man on a sales run.
Customers pay in advance. The money is distributed to the guildies afterwards, and if someone offends or harrasses the buyer, or is generally unpleasant, they lose the right to their share. Shares are determined by participation, i.e. if you sit for all the annoying stuff, like iron dwarf, you're getting a smaller share.
Joanadark

Postby Cakes » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:56 pm

Splug wrote:How the hell are you guys getting so much for them? We barely had interest at 10k, and eventually decided for that much we'd rather just farm rape tentacles from alone in the darkness. The market between servers really is crazy...

-Splug

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&r=Illidan-US&w=
http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=2&r=Windrunner-US&w=

My guess is that with competition from the likes of BL and Team Ice, a potential client probably has plenty of options. It might also be effected by the horde population on your server. You could confirm with Warpath and see if they get any business, I suppose.
Former GM and Raid Leader of Midwinter - US PVE Ysera
Cakes

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon