[10/25] Vezax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] Vezax

Postby Bladeheart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi,

I'm not really sure where to put this...anyway, how helpful is an Ap debuff on this boss?

We ran with no warriors, so no demoralizing shout was present. what we had was an affliction lock, and a kitty druid. After the hideously long vezax attempt last night (7 attempts), I wondered if an AP debuff would've helped. I checked the logs, and apparently there was none ... hence me raising this here.

I've talked about this with the lock before, and he says if he does do that, he won't be able to CoA and all that. I haven't talked to the druid yet though, but I believe he has to switch to bear form (3 GCDs would then be used just for him to get back to kitty form) which leads me that the lock would be better if he keeps his debuff up.

Any info / math on this matter is very much welcome.

*here's the logs for the vezax fight if needed...

edit: grammar fixes. lol must learn2proofread.
Last edited by Bladeheart on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladeheart

Re: [10/25] Vezax

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:45 pm

I believe it makes a fairly dramatic difference to the boss's melee damage, but I don't have any numbers to offer sadly.

However either of your hunters could provide the buff at fairly minimal DPS loss too, likely much less than a lock switching a curse on a fight with a magical damage bonus. Tell one or both of them to go tame and level a carrior bird for Demoralizing Screech. It's a ferocity pet so he'll still get all the DPS talents and Call of the Wild, he'll just miss out on Furious Howl, so like 100-150 DPS. That will give you around 80% uptime on the debuff. If you want to increase uptime he'd have to stop the pet from casting anything else which is a much steeper pet-DPS loss though (getting both hunters to bring birds instead would likely net higher over DPS and higher uptime).

Be warned, the magnitude of the pet's debuff is a bit smaller than the Warlock's CoW though, but it's a lot better than nothing.

Also, given the number of and breakdown for physical DPS in your raid, your rogue really should be Expose Weaknessing to get a major armor debuff up, which he doesn't appear to be doing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Bladeheart » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for the input fafhrd.

First time actually trying to take note to the debuffs on the bosses since I was just holy in BC.

I'll let the hunters, lock, argue about this then. Hopefully they come to an agreement.
Bladeheart

Postby Seloei » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Takes off roughly 20% of his melee damage. Give or take a bit to either side.
Combine it with an armor proc from a priest/shaman and you reduce damage taken by ~30-40% (relative to what it was before)
Seloei

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon