Remove Advertisements

6/9 hard modes complete, what next?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

6/9 hard modes complete, what next?

Postby wingman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I know there's a thread about what hard mode you should do first. The consesnsus as far as I can tell is Orbituary = XT < Thorim = Hodir < Iron Council < Vezax. Well, our guild just got Vezax hard mode last night (our 6th 25 man hard mode) and there's great debate amongst the officers as to where we should go from here. We only raid 3 nights a week and would rather target one and go after it full bore, as opposed to dabbling in each of the remaining three a tiny bit. With that in mind, should we do Firefighter? Or maybe head straight to Yogg and go for One Light, as I've heard some categorize it as being easier than 3xKnock or Firefighter.
wingman

Re: 6/9 hard modes complete, what next?

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:49 pm

I'd say 3xKnock is clearly the easiest on that list, so you might as well knock it over. Then you may as well start work on Firefighter so that you can start getting practice on Algalon in. Yogg+1 doesn't unlock anything, so I'd say you can safely leave that off.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby wingman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:02 pm

According to wowprogress 359 guilds worldwide have killed Firefighter. Only 250 have done Knock, Knock, Knock, on Wood. How is it easier? I think it may have been pre nerf, but not now.
wingman

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:19 pm

Knockx3 is easier in that you will spend less time banging your head against it before downing it, or at least would have done pre FF-nerf.

I would argue that Knockx3 is an easier fight technically as well, but if you really want to flip them, I can't see it doing you a huge amount of harm.
Panzerdin

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Oo, when did you start playing again panzer?

pix imo.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:13 pm

I don't need to play it to tell you one is (or should be) easier than the other.
Panzerdin

Postby Treck » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Yogg+1 would be far far easier to achieve than freya+3 or firefighter. Its still the same fight just a bit more tuned for playing good.
Firefighter and Freya do however unlock Algalon making them more attractive targets.
Id say Firefighter post nerf is prolly easier than freya+3, and progressing on freya can be pretty annoying since its the same thing over and over and youll try to survive those first 3 waves just to repeat it with as few mistakes as possible.
Even tho yogg might not unlock much, raiding with only 3 days will make it much easier to progress on yogg since you can go there all night then just call down some keeper and get over with it, doing the keepers makes you need to kill it off easy aswell as 2 others after youve given up on that hardmode, and if you just recently got General HM, it might take more than one or two tries to get him down again (even more time you need to think about after giving up a hardmode like freya/mimiron)
Treck

Postby fafhrd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Panzerdin wrote:I don't need to play it to tell you one is (or should be) easier than the other.

Wait, so you really don't play wow anymore :o?

Not sure how that works with knowing how fights vary in difficulty, but OK.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:05 am

Panzerdin wrote:Knockx3 is easier in that you will spend less time banging your head against it before downing it, or at least would have done pre FF-nerf.

I would argue that Knockx3 is an easier fight technically as well, but if you really want to flip them, I can't see it doing you a huge amount of harm.

I'd say that looking at what guilds are actually able to do is a much better metric than armchair speculation. More guilds have completed Firefighter than Knockx3. Since there's no reason to inherently be aiming for one fight over the other (unlike say Yogg+1, which may be slightly lower priority because it doesn't help unlock Algalon), guilds will knock over the easier fights first in order to maximize their progression ranking and gear acquisition. Almost 50% more guilds have done Firefighter than Knock x3, that's far more conclusive than the idle speculations of people that haven't done the fights.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon