Remove Advertisements

Tanking XT-002 Hardmode

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Tanking XT-002 Hardmode

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:54 pm

3 secs and no heals.
Our healers would be gettin a verbal lashing from the Raid leader for that.

When im tanking anything in Ulduar ive got scrolling combat text on, and i see is a continual wall of scrolling Hots, punctuated every second or so by big 10k+ heals.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Sarutankah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Yeah - it's a spam heals like a bitch fight for the most part, tell your healers to use some of their obscene mana pools to actually... heal.
Sarutankah

Postby Palalaladin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:57 am

i really like grimreaper addon for such things, you can check right away where were your heals and can even post it right away.
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby hoho » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:08 am

On our last night kill we had a paladin tank healer call out on vent when he used divine plea and either of the two discs or retri paladin used cooldowns on tank during that time to make it survive a bit better while main healer's output is lowered considerably.

Also, discs are win on that fight for raid healing, I was one of the four healers there and had ~70% of all my healing done by shields :)
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Inimicus » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:33 am

My guild has been killing this for a few weeks now, it's almost 'on farm', last night we did have a wipe from a simlar reason.

Basically I think it's due to healers getting distracted with tantrum damage and forgetting that XT is capable of hitting those big 22k+ swings on you, check recount/combat log and make sure especially after tantrum your tank healers are focusing on you and letting the raid healers raid heal.

Cooldown wise, you can bubblewall every other tantrum, I do this and then on the other thantrum blow my trinkets once it finishes, this has proven to give me a good amount of survivability. Also refresh your Sacred Shield during tantrum and make sure Holy Shield is up for when tantrum ends.
Inimicus

Postby Nakalus » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 am

We killed XT on hardmode a few times. But our healers tell me that it is even much more harder to heal a tankadin as a warrior. Our MT-Warrior have only 226< items... maybe is that the reason.
Maybe it was just too laggy yesterday evening :/.
Nakalus

Postby Earantur » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:41 am

Inimicus wrote:Cooldown wise, you can bubblewall every other tantrum, I do this and then on the other thantrum blow my trinkets once it finishes, this has proven to give me a good amount of survivability. Also refresh your Sacred Shield during tantrum and make sure Holy Shield is up for when tantrum ends.

While I've never done hard mode, so don't know if it's any different, on normal mode a Holy Pally / Ret Pally can use Divine Sacrifice along with either BoP or Bubble to hit every tantrum.
Earantur

Postby Conaan! » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:02 am

This fight is one of the greatest hard modes to tank, imo, there is literally, 0 difference between each class when main tanking, all that matter is your threat output, and popping certain things at the right time to survive, though, ive personally preferred spark tank, picking up sparks with 1-2 fps during tantrums, and 3 outside is looooooooool, or during our second kill, getting 4 gravity bombs in a row, and then having your raid leader yell at people saying why are you going the wrong way

but to fix your problem, 2 holy pallies, or a holy pally/disc priest, if they are focused on you, then you are good to go
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Bastien » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 am

Earantur wrote:
Inimicus wrote:Cooldown wise, you can bubblewall every other tantrum, I do this and then on the other thantrum blow my trinkets once it finishes, this has proven to give me a good amount of survivability. Also refresh your Sacred Shield during tantrum and make sure Holy Shield is up for when tantrum ends.

While I've never done hard mode, so don't know if it's any different, on normal mode a Holy Pally / Ret Pally can use Divine Sacrifice along with either BoP or Bubble to hit every tantrum.

Popping Divine Sacrifice/Divine Shield during tantrums, while tanking XT, gets dicey because of the aggro dump. I wouldn't recommend it. If you have someone else in the raid that can do it, it's a godsend and helps out your heals a ton. But doing it as the MT..... <<shudder>>

Make your healers heal through it, while you pop cooldowns/trinkets.
ImageImage
Bastien

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:58 am

popping sacrifice + shield is not a bad idea during tantrum as long as you have the macro to cancle both out and you do it with 2s left on tantrum. Since at this level, your threat should be miles before the closest dps you can allow a small "-50% damage done" debuff for 1 rotation.

Also... He hits hard but you just got major unlucky to get "6" hits in a row without a single avoided hit. But no heals in 6s is a huge humangous FAIL from the healers side and also i didn't see any spark damage during that time, what else were they healing if not you?

Try to convince atleast one of your locks to keep up curse of weakness full time and for the reasoning give "it increases all physical dps by 5%". He probably doesn't know or care about tank damage but he should be happy to help the melee burn him faster since their on the boss full time while the casters are on the adds.
Seloei

Postby Nakalus » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Thank you for your answers! I will try to enforce your advices next wednesday :).

Thanks at all!
Nakalus

Postby Blar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:02 am

I was curious, what kind of healing setup is everyone running for this? Where are you positioning XT and your ranged?
Blar

Postby amh » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:08 am

No idea on healing-setup 25, I don't pay enough attention :[

We've done various on 10man, paladin-druid, priest-druid, priest-druid-shaman.. I think it's fine as long as you have at least one strong aoe-healer.

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Avengeance » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 am

We run 6 healers, usually 1-2 pala, 2-3 priest, 1 druid, 1 shaman. We tank at the left wall, melee in 1 pile, ranged in a tight pile directly behind the melee (around 10 yard gap). Light bomb runs to the left whre the OT is waiting, and gravity bomb either behind or right.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Arees » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 am

Blar wrote:Where are you positioning XT and your ranged?

It amazes me how many people don't know this, but if you tank XT to the left or right in-between the trash piles then adds will not come out of those 2 piles. They will only come out of the back 2. Just thought I would point that out.
Arees

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon