Re: Champion of Ulduar + Mimiron trash question-

Postby Seloei » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:20 am

the trash was fun pre nerf

"FEAR THE SAPPERS!"
fear breaks early, 2s later raid dead.
Seloei

Postby amh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:32 pm

I think the best part about Ulduar was Ignis-trash pre-nerf. Going into this comatose play-state after farming Naxx for ages, then suddenly 24/25 players are dead within four seconds :D
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Pala » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:39 pm

One of our healers suggested sending in a warlock's voidwalker to aggro the bombs each time. It worked really well and then we walked in and killed the rest of the trash. The Mechanics and Ice Turrets were still a pain for us melee but I think there were only two deaths in there. I'd recommend this tactic to anyone that wants to simplify the Mimiron trash. Heck we even had the battle tanks alive onto the train and up to Mimiron's room. We had to explain the fight for a couple first-timers but if we hadn't, we could have used the tanks against Mimiron.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 am

The trash itself is quite simple post nerf. Either you or a mage runs in iceblock/divine shield and let the first bombs explode, pick them all up and kill them. Once the mechanic jumps out I N T E R U P T the ice turret cast. Everything works for it. Arcane Torrent, Hammer of Justice, Avenger's Shield.
Once the first pack is dead you heal up the crablike robot and he jumps in to blow up the bombbots in the next pack. Rince'n'repeat and you are through.

The reason why most skip the trash is because you can. It takes 10-20 minutes depending on your raid speed + deaths to clear it normal on 25man.
Seloei

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon