[10] One light in the darkness, some questions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] One light in the darkness, some questions

Postby kandros » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:07 am

hello fellow tankadis, one light in the darkness is the latest archievement we need to complete our glory of the ulduar raider,easily downed vezax hard mode this afternoon so now we have to focus on one light tin the darkness,we tried just few times before take a little break for the dinner,we use thorim as keeper and our setup is:
Palatank (me)
DK frost tank/unholy dps(we haven't tried phase 3 yet so we don't know if he have to tank or can stay dps, atm we are trying with him as dps)
Retribution Paladin
Combar Rogue
Desto Lock
Elemental shammy
Shado priest
Holy paladin
Holy priest
Restoration druid

so, my question are: how many ppl have to take the portals in P2? and who? (healer needed?)
when is the better time to use Bloodlust?(i was thinking in the Stormwind portal,even if we are lucky)

and most important, do we really need our Dk to wear and spec as tank? or in phase 3 i can tank everything by myself?

any other usefull suggestion is welcome :mrgreen:

Kayvas
kandros

Re: [10] One light in the darkness, some questions

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:44 am

You will need only one tank so tell the DK to go DPS.
Send in the 3 melees + one caster... i'd guess the SP is better since he could dot the tenctacles without facing the mobs and also shield the melees.

We don't bloodlust in P2 at all so i can't say for this.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:50 am

Shadow priests and Ret Paladins are good for going down because they can dispel things.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:40 pm

We never use 3 healers for this, and I don't really reccomend it. There honestly isn't a great deal to heal in the Yog Saron encounter if people are doing their jobs correctly. If the Priest has shadow gear or the druid has Boomkin/Feral gear that would be ideal.

You're going to want to shoot to have the transition to p3 happen in 2 brain realms if possible. To that end i'd send the ele shaman down with the 3 melee DPS, as he can drop melee totems that arent provided by the DK's spec, or if your druid goes boomkin or feral send him down in preference because that provides a minor armor Debuff and someone who can decurse a Curse of Doom that happens to follow someone inside.

We've never Lusted in p2. Never been necessary. If you choose to lust in p2, lust when the first illusion shatters, so that the cooldown will be up to use it again for everybody else in p3.

You only need one tank.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby kandros » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:17 pm

downed him yesterday night =)

we had to fight most with connections and blackouts in Rome than against yogsaron, really a DC rotation che whole fight :lol:
kandros

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:02 am

OT: Could you send a "tanti saluti nongio" from me to Hotting? Been a year since last i've heard of him :P

And gz for drakes :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby kandros » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:34 am

Worldie wrote:OT: Could you send a "tanti saluti nongio" from me to Hotting? Been a year since last i've heard of him :P

And gz for drakes :)

sure thing :wink: and thanks
kandros

Postby Funtodin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 pm

What worked for you at the end? 3 healers or just 2 like Joanadark suggested?
Funtodin

Postby Funtodin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:54 pm

So we just killed it a couple hours ago. We were forced to do 3 healers cause we didn't have another decurse outside our resto shaman that usually goes elemental for most fights where we need 2 healers.
Comp was me as prot, holy pally, resto shaman and holy priest, rogue, 2 x ret pallies, hunter, shadow priest, lock.

RNG finally gave us a break but we mostly had to focus on being real close together the whole time and executing, not really any different from normal mode.
Funtodin

Postby kandros » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 pm

we killed him with 1 tank and 3 healers, but using 2 healers il doable without problems
kandros

Postby Falibard » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 pm

We did 1 tank, 3 healers. If your group that's going down can get you into phase 3 with only 2 brain phases you should have plenty of time to clean up and kill Yogg before enrage.
Falibard

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon