[25] Freya: Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [25] Freya: Knock, Knock, Knock on Wood

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:43 am

FWIW, they did eventually seem to fix gruul not shattering, so they may eventually get around to fixing this.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 am

The seed bug seems to be getting more common lately. Up until the second week of clearing 3-elder she'd function correctly on 25 (even when we had fewer keepers), but since then she's flaked on dropping seeds every time.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:52 pm

That seems to say that it may be related to how quickly you kill her? On 10 you were obviously outgearing her so had the problem more often. On 25 as you start to outgear/outplay her you run into the problem more often?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:56 pm

I'd believe it on 10, but our last two 25 runs have actually been pretty horrific. We were scraping through wave 6 with 3-4 down and no combat raises, and were concerned about making the berserk timer until the seeds just... didn't spawn. Then again, we do gain a lot of time during the lasher phases, so even if Bad Things happen on the wave 6 trio or conservator, it's still pushing to phase II early. I've heard the seeds always start at the 6 minute mark, so it may be related to attempting to spawn wave 7 and getting hung on that instead? No idea - but you may have a point.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Kacophony » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:21 am

Freya not casting seeds is not a bug, glitch, or exploit. She has 234k mana, each spell she casts, consumes some of this mana pool. When she has 0 mana, she will not casts the seeds during phase 2. If you're not actively trying to mana burn her (which you can, using priests/locks/hunters), you'll tend to notice this no seed "bug" after a long-ish fight in hardmode where she's had time to burn her mana casting light beams, roots, trees etc. I play a shadow priest and tend to burn her for around 4-5k per cast. When you initially aggro her you have plenty of time to have all of your mana draining classes (even disc healers) use mana drains on her before her initial mob spawns. Additionally, if you clear all the mobs before another set spawns you can mana drain her between her mob spawn phases, this greatly increases the chance that you'll not have to worry about seeds during p2.

So, next time, watch her mana pool and you can tell whether to expect seeds or not.

Kacophony
Blood Elf Shadow Priest
Resurgence
Stonemaul
Kacophony

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:11 am

:O

I actually toss a viper sting on her for my regen whenever I switch off her to kill adds...
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Avengeance » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:18 am

Kacophony wrote:Freya not casting seeds is not a bug, glitch, or exploit. She has 234k mana, each spell she casts, consumes some of this mana pool. When she has 0 mana, she will not casts the seeds during phase 2. If you're not actively trying to mana burn her (which you can, using priests/locks/hunters), you'll tend to notice this no seed "bug" after a long-ish fight in hardmode where she's had time to burn her mana casting light beams, roots, trees etc. I play a shadow priest and tend to burn her for around 4-5k per cast. When you initially aggro her you have plenty of time to have all of your mana draining classes (even disc healers) use mana drains on her before her initial mob spawns. Additionally, if you clear all the mobs before another set spawns you can mana drain her between her mob spawn phases, this greatly increases the chance that you'll not have to worry about seeds during p2.

So, next time, watch her mana pool and you can tell whether to expect seeds or not.

Kacophony
Blood Elf Shadow Priest
Resurgence
Stonemaul

False... I just checked her last night she doesnt lose mana at all, or at least she is on 100% mana when P2 starts. Either way she either doesnt lose mana or has a fast regen that mana burning her is a waste of time.
Avengeance of Boulderfist-EU
Guild Master of High Tempest
Avengeance

Postby Belloc » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:40 am

I can't confirm, one way or another, but I do know that boss mana is usually completely irrelevant. Boss spells typically cost practically no mana. I sincerely doubt this issue is related to mana.
Belloc

Postby Xequecal » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:28 pm

How do people deal with the detonating lashers on 25-man? Everyone says to group up the raid and then AOE them down to 10%, then like root or AoE taunt to finish them but attempting this causes nothing but wipes, and we can't seem to come up with anything else. We'll group them up, then 3x unstable energy spawns on the whole raid and five people just explode. Even if people don't die, the ground tremor coming 3 seconds after will kill them. Or you get hilarious AE chains of Ground Tremor then 3 sec later Sunbeam on the whole raid then 3 sec later Unstable Energy that explodes 20 people.

Everyone says the conservator is the hard add but this is so easy, it's just exploding to lashers + UA over and over.
Xequecal

Postby Meloree » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Xequecal wrote:How do people deal with the detonating lashers on 25-man? Everyone says to group up the raid and then AOE them down to 10%, then like root or AoE taunt to finish them but attempting this causes nothing but wipes, and we can't seem to come up with anything else. We'll group them up, then 3x unstable energy spawns on the whole raid and five people just explode. Even if people don't die, the ground tremor coming 3 seconds after will kill them. Or you get hilarious AE chains of Ground Tremor then 3 sec later Sunbeam on the whole raid then 3 sec later Unstable Energy that explodes 20 people.

Everyone says the conservator is the hard add but this is so easy, it's just exploding to lashers + UA over and over.

We clump up on detonating lashers, but we do so... carefully. Everyone clumps up in a 10 yard radius circle centered on Freya. This greatly reduces the chance of multiple beams on a stack. There's nothing saying that some people can't be inside the circle area, we have several people with raid marks during this fight who are reliable at positioning and movement, and they tend to mark the out perimeter.

--
Meloree, <Edge>, Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 am

FWIW, I haven't seen it mentioned on these boards:

Hand of Freedom and all other snare removing abilities now break roots. No longer, do you need to kill the roots.

My guild got this two weeks ago, and what we did was have a Paladin assigned to each of the 3 people named in succession on DBM.

Code: Select all
Example:

Strengthened Iron Roots on: Uninightmare, Bathtubgin, Dobgrim

This is how the DBM emote looks. 1 Paladin would always get the first person, 1 the second, and 1 the third. That way you're never losing people to roots/explosions/RNG.

It's also helpful if those that can get out, do...this includes Mages with blink, Druids by Powershifting, Warrior with Charge, etc...

Hope that helps anyone having trouble on this fight.
d503

Postby mgkeeper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:06 am

About the seed bug, in several kills she's not dropping seeds at all and in others she does. BUT the strangest thing happened last night, while running the 10 version instance for offspec farming. So While i was tanking the Freya, all goes smoothly and in 15% she instant throws seeds - instant BOOM BOOM POW. We killed her np, since none of us died, but the thing was that any of us saw the seeds, we just took the green blast. Another Freya bug?
When in doubt, round 'em up and consecrate!!
Armory: Socrateus
mgkeeper

Postby Xequecal » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm thinking the seed thing is she's hard coded to start flinging seeds like 6:15 after the encounter starts. If manage to get ahead of the add phases and spend less than a minute on each, you get a grace period at the end before she starts seeding.
Xequecal

Postby fafhrd » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 pm

It may also be a seasonal thing, with her perhaps not being fertile enough to spawn seeds at certain times of the week or night.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Previous

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon