[25] Algalon

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Algalon

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:48 pm

posting our log to look at later.
discussion also.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/CPvI ... 087&e=4414

Did our first 1 hour on him on 25-man today and it's extremely intense for everyone, DPS, Tanks, and healing. We're going to be actually dropping healing for next week because all the damage on the raid and tanks is 100% predictable. Its brutallus in very many ways.
We got him to 37% at the third Bing Bang, where youre supposed to have him at 20%. So we were behind the enrage. Gonna do some looking at the logs.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Re: [25] Algalon

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby itankforcash » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:19 am

Do you have a dedicated constellation dispeller, or do you use the tank not currently tanking taunting them into black holes?

From experience Paladin and DK have no trouble dispelling constellations due to easy ranged threat, where as Druids and Warriors do, sometimes the time on taunt isn't long enough to get them inside.

Also a few questions on raid damage;

Black hole explosion is how much damage per person?

How much do constellations hit for?

Is a guardian spirit rotation the best way to deal with big bangs on 25 man?

How many dps on killing stars? is 3 enough? or more/less?

2 or 3 Tank healers?

Mass questions but I would appreciate answers please!

Want to be as prepared as possible for this, time is precious!
itankforcash

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:30 am

Black hole detonation is roughly 19k? shadow. Arcane barrage is 9k arcane. Combined, they will blow up a random raid member. This is the big sticking point we're trying to decide on.

Two hunters is enough to kill all the stars well before a big bang. Trying to use more than about four will result in bottlenecking on the raid healing.

I can live through big bang with IBF, but it pretty consistently drops me to <1k health. Since Algalon just stands there without fighting back, I can death strike my way back up a bit while healers load back in, but it's still pretty ugly for a few seconds.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:50 am

Splug wrote:Black hole detonation is roughly 19k? shadow. Arcane barrage is 9k arcane. Combined, they will blow up a random raid member. This is the big sticking point we're trying to decide on.

Two hunters is enough to kill all the stars well before a big bang. Trying to use more than about four will result in bottlenecking on the raid healing.

I can live through big bang with IBF, but it pretty consistently drops me to <1k health. Since Algalon just stands there without fighting back, I can death strike my way back up a bit while healers load back in, but it's still pretty ugly for a few seconds.

-Splug

Are you going high stam for Big Bangs or high avoidance for melee hits?
Falibard

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:11 pm

High strength for Frost Strike crits.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Falibard » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am

Splug wrote:High strength for Frost Strike crits.

-Splug

Hrm interesting. Why did you choose Frost over Blood? I've only done two hours of Algalon 10 so far but it seems like the Death Strike heals are quite helpful.
Falibard

Postby Splug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:34 pm

(I meant I'm not tanking on 25 - I'm on constellation roundup, and the ranged damage from howling blast is nice there.)

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby itankforcash » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:53 am

Splug wrote:(I meant I'm not tanking on 25 - I'm on constellation roundup, and the ranged damage from howling blast is nice there.)

-Splug

You spend the whole fight cleaning up the constellations?

Think I will do that with a warr/DK tanking Algalon this week if that's the case.
itankforcash

Postby Splug » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:29 pm

There's some bad "my damage gear is an instance out of date" dps that goes on at the beginning, but more or less yeah, I play with the constellations.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:16 pm

How are you possibly meeting the DPS check if an entire DPS slot is wasted on constallations when you aren't going to do enough damage to kill them, tanks can taunt them anyway, and at any rate if you completely ignore them its still almost completely predictable that your raid healers are going to be the ones with aggro on them.
Joanadark

Postby fafhrd » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:05 pm

*shudders at your poor hunter being made to kill stars*
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Joanadark » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:40 pm

He disengaged into a black hole one week. I dont think he's ever gonna live it down.

The past few weeks we've been absolutely plagued by bad luck. Last week we did our first pull of our one hour timer for the week and the server promptly crashed, coming back up over an hour later with algalon long gone. GMs refused to do anything for us.
The week before we were plagued by horrible lag. This week we were supposed to do algalon yesturday except the instance servers for Windrunner went down for the entire day when we were supposed to start our raid. I honestly think we'd have killed him over a week ago if we'd been just allowed to pull the damn boss. Meanwhile all the guilds that coudn't beat mimiron until he was nerfed are all catching up.

our mage Gamas made a joke calendar event over a month ago for July 22nd labled "Algalon dies", cause "Ha Ha Ha, theres no way that would ever happen. Theres no way it would take us that long." And now that date is rapidly approaching... :(
Joanadark

Postby Aubade » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Joanadark wrote:He disengaged into a black hole one week. I dont think he's ever gonna live it down.

The past few weeks we've been absolutely plagued by bad luck. Last week we did our first pull of our one hour timer for the week and the server promptly crashed, coming back up over an hour later with algalon long gone. GMs refused to do anything for us.
The week before we were plagued by horrible lag. This week we were supposed to do algalon yesturday except the instance servers for Windrunner went down for the entire day when we were supposed to start our raid. I honestly think we'd have killed him over a week ago if we'd been just allowed to pull the damn boss. Meanwhile all the guilds that coudn't beat mimiron until he was nerfed are all catching up.

our mage Gamas made a joke calendar event over a month ago for July 22nd labled "Algalon dies", cause "Ha Ha Ha, theres no way that would ever happen. Theres no way it would take us that long." And now that date is rapidly approaching... :(

Owch dude, that blows.

Should've taken me IMO, bosses die when I show up =]

GL!
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah, I'm curious what the advantage is to a dedicated constellation wrangler. There is always a 2nd tank standing around doing piddly DPS who could be doing it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Next

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon