Remove Advertisements

[10] YS, what keeper for 1?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] YS, what keeper for 1?

Postby Tiandelin » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:18 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Psychosis clears 12 sanity in 10 man and 9 sanity in 25 man. In this log, I was hit by it six times:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 ... 65&e=16675

That would leave me at 28 sanity, assuming no mistakes. I was also hit by a fear, which wasn't from someone else. That's another 3 to 25. It shows I took 12 hits of Brain Link, which was probably as we were wiping the attempt.

Hm! Could have sworn it was 9% in 10-man and 12% in 25-man. Wonder if they got that mixed up, since that doesn't really make sense that it would remove more sanity with fewer people. That still leaves room for 8 psychosis and 1 fear without going insane, though.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Tiandelin wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Psychosis clears 12 sanity in 10 man and 9 sanity in 25 man. In this log, I was hit by it six times:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2 ... 65&e=16675

That would leave me at 28 sanity, assuming no mistakes. I was also hit by a fear, which wasn't from someone else. That's another 3 to 25. It shows I took 12 hits of Brain Link, which was probably as we were wiping the attempt.

Hm! Could have sworn it was 9% in 10-man and 12% in 25-man. Wonder if they got that mixed up, since that doesn't really make sense that it would remove more sanity with fewer people. That still leaves room for 8 psychosis and 1 fear without going insane, though.

Ouch, learn to RNG better.
You're just rediculously unlucky if youre getting hit that often. Or your phase 2 is lasting way longer than it should.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Funtodin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:25 am

I'm pretty sure our P2 is lasting too long. We tried yesterday 1 light for a few consecutive hours and didn't make it out of phase 2 once.
Every attempt one of the following would happen:
- Rogue/hunter gibbed by reflected damage in the portal. It seems pots and healthstones are not enough to keep them alive in there.
- Random brain links followed by constrictors coupled with slow reactions getting healers/ranged killed.

The one thing I believe we need to improve is stacking the raid close together. It just seems whenever someone gets 20 yards
away he'll be squeezed by a constrictor, it's retardedly annoying. It's happened to melee heading to portals on the opposite side, to
healers brain linked with melee taking them to the portal, to feared people. Give me a break...

We had a few clean attempts that were promising until someone got destroyed by RNG. I guess we need to endure.
Funtodin

Postby Belloc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:13 am

As far as the random brain links and constricters go -- if someone gets brain linked, both players run to each other. Prioritize killing the corruptors that aren't on the other side of the room (even if they may be somewhat closer to you).

As far as brain room goes, someone is failing at their job. Everyone should be entering the portals immediately (or within 2 seconds). If 1 person is 10 seconds late, that means that the other 3 have been killing additional tentacles and, thus, taking additional reflective damage.

Also, they're almost definitely eating way too much damage from the laughing skulls.

RNG will get you on occasion, but it shouldn't wipe you the vast majority of the time. Also, you should be getting phase 2 down in two brain phases.
Belloc

Postby Kishandra » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:50 am

If I remember correctly, reflected damage is half of damage done. Each dps needs to take care of two tentacles of 8k hp each, so they should be taking around 8k reflected damage, reduced to ~6k by shadow resist.

That's not nearly enough to even seriously hurt someone, let alone kill them. If dps are dying in the brain room, they either suck at turning, were in the red zone when they went inside, or had to clear the entire room by himself.

At most 2 brain phases for 1 light. 1 brain phase if you're lucky. If the brain isn't under 50% after the first brain phase, something's wrong with the brain group.
Kishandra

Postby Funtodin » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 pm

They got their act 8)

It helped we had 2 rets down there with the hunter and rogue now. Brb afk in Krasus Landing. :mrgreen:
Funtodin

Postby wingman » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:42 am

So, this was the last achievement my 10 man group needed for our drakes this week. We get to Yogg, and say, hey, someone needs to go talk to Thorim. A mage runs up there and says in vent that he took care of it, except, all of us staring into yogg's room don't see Thorim, but we DO see Hodir. We try it anyway, and are surprised at how far we get. 1 light in the darkness w/out Thorim is a BIG PITA, but we finally got it. I guess it was good practice for alone in the darkness. That's our target for next week.
wingman

Postby kanst » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:31 am

Joanadark wrote:Freya is the first keeper you eliminate.
Hodir next.
Mimiron next.
Then Thorim last.

I would very much disagree with this order, getting rid of Mim you lose almost nothing, its not hard at all. Second I would get rid of Hodir, since people shouldnt be dying anyway, and the dmg buff just means you need to assign an extra person to crusher. Id say Freya is third. Although you should be able to manage sanity, there is just too much RNG involved. You could easily play almost perfectly and still end up insane if RNG decides to target you with everything
kanst

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

wingman wrote:So, this was the last achievement my 10 man group needed for our drakes this week. We get to Yogg, and say, hey, someone needs to go talk to Thorim. A mage runs up there and says in vent that he took care of it, except, all of us staring into yogg's room don't see Thorim, but we DO see Hodir. We try it anyway, and are surprised at how far we get. 1 light in the darkness w/out Thorim is a BIG PITA, but we finally got it. I guess it was good practice for alone in the darkness. That's our target for next week.

Please tell me you gave that guy hell. That's just incredibly retarded.

Oh man, I'm glad I don't let anybody else touch the keepers.
Belloc

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:13 am

I would very much disagree with this order, getting rid of Mim you lose almost nothing, its not hard at all. Second I would get rid of Hodir, since people shouldnt be dying anyway, and the dmg buff just means you need to assign an extra person to crusher. Id say Freya is third. Although you should be able to manage sanity, there is just too much RNG involved. You could easily play almost perfectly and still end up insane if RNG decides to target you with everything

Losing Mimiron means you lose a speed buff that is a big DPS loss for the brain team and thee team outside. It can easily mean the difference between 2 brain phases and 3.
Losing Mimiron also means you are getting 100% more Curses of Doom on your melee right as they take a portal, 100% more Apathy's stunning your ranged while a lazer beam paths over them, 100% more draining poisons raping your healers' mana, and 100% more snares on the guy who is brain linked to someone accross the room.
Losing Mimiron means that you have half as much time before Diminish Power is put up by each fresh crusher to get in position.

Losing Mimiron is a big deal. Its just not as obvious why you wipe as DUR DUR DUR HEY GUYZ I GOT MC'D CUZ I'M RETARDED BUT BLAME RNG LOL.

I think the majority of our raid has done the entirety of p3 on one-light with sub-10 sanity at one point or another, including tanks.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Treck » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 am

Joanadark wrote:I think the majority of our raid has done the entirety of p3 on one-light with sub-10 sanity at one point or another, including tanks.

Hehe, I did P3 on 25man (3lights in the darkness) with 4 sanity xD
You dont loose a single sanity in P3 so the only problem is the frekking red screen :P
This was with 4 brainphases btw (fail dps is fail)
But mimiron might not seem like much, but it adds up a lot but thats mainly in 25man. I dont think its much of a threat in 10man to remove him first tbh.
However theres really NO reason whatso ever to have freya down there, sanity wells are completely waste, and she gives what? 20% more healing? Thats sweet, but with the other keepers, 20% more hp, 20% less dmg taken Its a waste really.
Hodir gives the lifesaving thing, its nice, but also wasted since ppl shouldnt be dying anyway. The 20%less dmg buff is really helpfull, your healers WILL notice when this keeper isnt with you.
In 10man i honestly cant say i noticed much differance from 4keepers to 1 tbh, ofc it took a few wipes, but it just requires more dps, more healing and better moving, all of wich ppl had improoved on a lot since first time we killed Yogg. Finding 10ppl to play pro is a lot easier than running with 10 good ppl and 15 headless chickens sometimes.
Im pretty impressed over those killing one light in the darkness with only Hodir, its basicly doing alone.
Treck

Postby kanst » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Hmmmm

We did 3 keeper last week just because we finished our raid week a little early. We left mimmiron up and it really wasnt that bad. Maybe that should give me a lil confidence in doing less keepers. Ill talk to the other raid leaders and maybe well try it with mim but without freya/hodir
kanst

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Got this a few nights ago with just Thorim up. It was pretty easy, we should have done it months ago.

Oh well, hello mr rusted drake let's be friends
Lore
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:43 pm

We're currently sorta trying to sell Rusted Protos. It's early enough that we think we can fetch quite a bit, but we've also pretty much mastered all the fights. Yogg+1 is probably our hardest, but even that is usually a two or three shot, primarily due to RNG.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Falibard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:15 am

moduspwnens wrote:We're currently sorta trying to sell Rusted Protos. It's early enough that we think we can fetch quite a bit, but we've also pretty much mastered all the fights. Yogg+1 is probably our hardest, but even that is usually a two or three shot, primarily due to RNG.

Carrying someone through Firefighter still doesn't sound fun.
Falibard

PreviousNext

Return to T8: Ulduar / Emalon